996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Looks great, John.

Are you going to offer these y-pipes to everyone? Will my EVO boost hoses work with your y-pipe?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. Please give details on "how hard was it..."...

jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 09-21-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:55 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Adam,

Yes, it is a new product and I have some being produced right now. They can be fitted to the OEM hoses or I am offering a complete kit with all 70mm hose and fittings from the intercooler to the throttle body. If you have a 75mm throttle body, you will use a 3/14" coupler from Y-Pipe to TB, if you use the OEM throttle body then you would use a 3 1/4" to 3" reducer. For cars with upgraded higher flowing turbos, if you utilize the entire 70mm system, you will be putting max air right to the throttle body mouth with no restriction. The Y-Pipes will be offered in colors such as Red, Dk. Blue, Black, White, Yellow, Silver, etc., as well. I do not want to hijack Dan's air box thread, so I will start a thread about this separately. Here is a link to the Speedtech Y-Pipe thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mm-y-pipe.html

I think Dan has hit a home run with this carbon box cover. The price point is great, the car sounds better (as if it's sucking more air in) and the improved appearance of the engine bay is fantastic.

Last edited by John D; 09-22-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
John, your pictures are not working...

Jimmers - I said customer cause I could not remember your username at all. I simply posted a picture of your car. I sell the snorkel. I am sure it is hard to install. No offense, just pointing a member in the right direction.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Comeon Dan, you didn't just post a picture but took the one I had posted, threw the Vivid watermark on it, and posted it on your website to turn a buck. Then your post clearly makes it look like you had a hand in the design. I really don't even care, but isn't that something you usually ask people about before doing? Maybe I just don't get the new "6" anymore - am I the only one that thinks it's odd?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Jimmer - I have helped you and been more then a "business" person to you throughout the years. Every picture that I load on to our site gets the watermark. But... in no way shape or form do I take credit for your vehicle. I have had that left snorkel on our site with that picture of your car for about 6 months now. I am sorry you feel taken advantage of.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Dan,

They are working for me...and others have seen them, but I just reposted them...in case something was off. Do you see them now?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
I can see them now John. Looks great!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor
Install Instructions I put up here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=75

Old 09-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23
Comeon Dan, you didn't just post a picture but took the one I had posted, threw the Vivid watermark on it, and posted it on your website to turn a buck. Then your post clearly makes it look like you had a hand in the design. I really don't even care, but isn't that something you usually ask people about before doing? Maybe I just don't get the new "6" anymore - am I the only one that thinks it's odd?
jimmer, you say it was hard, can you elaborate? I am interested in this and want to know what part of it was hard. If I dremmel out a hole in the stock box and install the snorkel to fit, what else needs to be done that is so hard? I am obviously missing something.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
John - How about an update on how the intake is working for you?

Also... We just received another 9 of these instock. Some are left as DRY Carbon for a pretty unique look. Contact me if interested.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Hi Dan,

It's working great. I have had zero issues and I have been putting a lot of hard miles on it..I really like the look and the enhanced intake sound. I think this product is a winner with it's combination of price, function and appearance. I love looking in the engine bay now - it looks great!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Just received my "Dry Carbon" look air box. Very impressive finish. Waiting for my snorkel which is in a separate box. Dan you have hit a home run with this design. Everyone here can buy this with confidence knowing that you will receive a first class product. Can't wait to install this along with my new Europipe. Should be a nice combo in conjunction with the UMW reflash.

Many thanks Dan. I'm looking forward to doing more business in the future.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor
John - Great to hear. I think SpeedTech should sell these now Email me about wholesale!

Larry - glad it worked out, I cant wait for your review. Since you have the stock box in right now, do some before runs with it and then add the after runs to see if you can increase your 0-60 or 60-130 times!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Sounds good Dan. We're supposed to have nice weather this weekend so I'll record the first part with the stock box. New airbox, snorkel, and exhaust will be installed at the end of the month.

What about Tom Kerr? Did he check in yet with track data?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are you For or Against the Stock Air Box - Check This Out!