996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MS 109 vs C16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
No one runs Q16 ? We've seen big power gains in some of our other engines by switching to this fuel over C16. Figured I'd stir the pot some more.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Q16 works well how bout VP import that **** is the bomb! Expensive as hell but if you want every last bit of HP I see this to be the clear winner! for someone who drives more frequently I suggest 109 unleaded and might want to keep cats like I. For the Drag track nut VP import will always win!

S

Old 09-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by onelove
No one runs Q16 ? We've seen big power gains in some of our other engines by switching to this fuel over C16. Figured I'd stir the pot some more.
come on Wes most of these guys just heard of c16 you just pitched a curveball .......The big difference with c16 to ms109 is the 109 is oxygenated fuel like the Q16, great for power but its not good to put in a car when the fuel system is on the verge of being maxed out it will lean it out .5-1.0 AFR.

Chris Green

Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Chris,
What is the difference between 104 octane and MS 109? Someone said MS109=105 octane, is this correct?

Old 09-18-2008, 05:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
I looked into Q16 as well, especially after VP themselves said it's better than their own VP import...but the price per gallon was ridiculous. C16 works well enough for my needs.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-18-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:08 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Chris,
What is the difference between 104 octane and MS 109? Someone said MS109=105 octane, is this correct?
The difference between 104 and MS109 is 1 octane point.

Simply look on VP's website and you'll have your answer (R+M/2 is the octane number you are looking for):

MOTORSPORT 109
Produces more power than any other unleaded fuel. Recommended for higher boost applications with CRs up to 11:1 or naturally aspirated engines up to 13:1. Excellent in crate engine applications. Fueled 2-time World Jet Ski Champion, David Sellés. Color: Clear
Motor Octane: 101
R+M/2: 105
Research Octane: 109
Oxygenated: Yes
Specific Gravity: .722 at 60° F

When comparing Motor Octane #'s between C16 and MS109, we're looking at 117 octane vs 101. C16's R+M/2 would be even higher than 117 if they listed it, which is what you'd compare to MS109's 105.

C16
Used in turbocharged engines, blown engines and nitrous applications with CRs up to 17:1. Recommended by the top nitrous oxide companies. Spec Fuel for NHRA Comp Eliminator. Color: Blue
Motor Octane: 117
Specific gravity: .735 at 60° F

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-18-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:42 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Q16 works well how bout VP import that **** is the bomb! Expensive as hell but if you want every last bit of HP I see this to be the clear winner! for someone who drives more frequently I suggest 109 unleaded and might want to keep cats like I. For the Drag track nut VP import will always win!

S
Be careful switching between C16 and VP import unless the car was tuned for both .VP import is oxygenated and wil throw off the afr's

Old 09-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpais
I have used C16 for years. Why do you say its corrosive? I don't personally believe that at all. I have heard the same thing about Methanol, and that makes a little more sense but I also have a car that ran on VP's methanol too and I would never drain the fuel and never had a problem with that fuel either.

How does your external wastegate get corroded from C16, is the exhaust gas corrosive? Is that what you are trying to say? I don't buy any of this.
This is a very commonly known thing with most leaded race gas.

Call tial and or most wastegate manufacture for that matter and ask why they make 2 different 38mm wastegates. One for leaded gas (c16 or similar)and one for pump gas.

http://www.tialsport.com/prod_wg_38.htm

Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joetwint
Be careful switching between C16 and VP import unless the car was tuned for both .VP import is oxygenated and wil throw off the afr's

Like most cars I only suggest tweaking for these settings. If this is going in a OTS 100 octane program. I would stick to whats cheaper for these tunes don t make more power richer they make them leaner.

S

Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpais
Are you trying to sell these guys motors because I am sure a bunch will be blown up for switching over to Q16. You definitely need to put a different tune in the car to run this fuel and this is not the easiest car to get a tune done on quickly.
Many of them have motors, but that may be something to think about in the future...

As with any gas you need to get a proper tune-up for it, the best fuel is one that your tuner recommends,as long as you trust you tuner that is.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:55 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Very informative guys, thank you.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Finally received information from Todd K and yes he recommends that anyone who runs over 1.3 bars on a set up like mine that I use C16. My setup is a 3.8, GT35 with GT3 intake and exhaust cams :-)

Old 09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Finally received information from Todd K and yes he recommends that anyone who runs over 1.3 bars on a set up like mine that I use C16. My setup is a 3.8, GT35 with GT3 intake and exhaust cams :-)

Now why would go and doubt me, Rob? Have I ever steered you wrong before?

Old 09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Todd likes Sunoco GT Plus with a stock fuel system, it is a denser fuel & 104 oct.I thought ms 109 was 103 oct?

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 09-18-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
Never in doubt but always nice to hear it from the Genius!
R

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MS 109 vs C16