996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
We'll likely have everything together by TX. I'm working on a lot of projects all at once, and unfortunately there are only 24 hours in a day. Once we make it through PRI and into our new 25,000sq/ft facility, we'll have extra room and a bit more freedom to crank it up a bit more. I' looking forward to getting out on the roadcourse with the car a bit more in the new year as well.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Thanks Adam. I can't wait to get the GT2 front on the car, and the coilovers. It's dying to be lowered. With the holidays this week and PRI coming up it may be a few weeks but we're enjoying the car.

I'm also planning to order a set of HRE competition wheels or Volk Cup style wheels in the near future for it in 18's with R compounds (so she'll actually hook). A nice deep bronze or gold on both the lips and the spoke. Very similar to the RWB cars from Japan, then she'll get the full cup treatment in a few months with a health engine to boot. Should be fun.
I'm glad you said first it Wes...brawn AND beauty is always better! Nice progress.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Diablito is infamous around these parts
Look amazing rolling around...can't see the monoblks did you camo them too?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Diablito
Look amazing rolling around...can't see the monoblks did you camo them too?
Standard texture black finish from HRE. I have a set of seats coming for the car, at this point it's a toss up between GT3s and Status. Either way it's gonna get some black leather with camouflaged seat backs, those little touches that count.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:22 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Love what you are doing!! Its off the wall and LOVE this!! The paint will turn heads like crazy!! Cant wait to see what you'll end up with once all the R&D is done.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Diablito is infamous around these parts
Standard texture black finish from HRE. I have a set of seats coming for the car, at this point it's a toss up between GT3s and Status. Either way it's gonna get some black leather with camouflaged seat backs, those little touches that count.
Uff the camo backs will add to the creation...details Looking forward to see them.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor

It's finally time to begin installing parts on the camouflage Porsche. Our original plan was to install the complete K24/18G kit this week along with the clutch, however scheduling conflicts made us decide to hold off another week. Instead we sent the factory ECU off to Tony @ EPL to reflash with his modified K16 Map which includes both a brake boost feature and 2 Step. We expect to have the ECU back on Friday in time for another trip to Bithlo for some additional passes down the 1320.

Since we had to wait on the ECU to be flashed (in the coming months we will have in house programing available for all EPL products), we decided to remove some more weight. We removed the factory tank of an exhaust which weighed 57lbs. We opted for AWE straight pipes weighing in around 7lbs for the pair, an overall savings of 50lbs off the back of the car!!!

While we where at it we removed the factory battery (stock is 52lbs, the one removed was aftermarket and weighed 41lbs). In place of the factory battery we installed a Deka / East Penn ETX-30 battery and made a custom bracket out of aluminum to hold it in place. The new battery was 21lbs total, saving us another 20lbs off the front of the car. We will be using a trickle charger when the car will be without use for an extended time period, however we opted for the ETX-30 rather than the ETX-14. The 30 is about 10lbs heavier, but should offer a bit of security should the car not get driven for an extended period of time.

Total savings for the day was 70lbs. We'll be off to the track on Friday with less weight, extra power, and hopes to get kicked out for going 11.5X without a cage. After that it's more power, less weight, the perfect combination for a better overall car. The car now has a wild sound to it, a bit loud, a bit obnoxious, perfect for the persona the exterior displays.

Last edited by onelove; 12-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Looking good! Keep up the project! Keep pushing the limits and the "been there, done that"...

Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Very cool, Wes!!

I really appreciate you guys detailing every step of the build. It gives us mere mortals great info that might not be available otherwise.

Good luck at the 1/4 this week!! I'll be very interested how she performs with more power and less weight.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Good luck this weekend Wes. I love the updates you guys do with this thread and the car. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !

It's finally time to begin installing parts on the camouflage Porsche. Our original plan was to install the complete K24/18G kit this week along with the clutch, however scheduling conflicts made us decide to hold off another week. Instead we sent the factory ECU off to Tony @ EPL to reflash with his modified K16 Map which includes both a brake boost feature and 2 Step. We expect to have the ECU back on Friday in time for another trip to Bithlo for some additional passes down the 1320.

Since we had to wait on the ECU to be flashed (in the coming months we will have in house programing available for all EPL products), we decided to remove some more weight. We removed the factory tank of an exhaust which weighed 57lbs. We opted for AWE straight pipes weighing in around 7lbs for the pair, an overall savings of lbs off the back of the car!!!

While we where at it we removed the factory battery (stock is 52lbs, the one removed was aftermarket and weighed 41lbs). In place of the factory battery we installed a Deka / East Penn ETX-30 battery and made a custom bracket out of aluminum to hold it in place. The new battery was 21lbs total, saving us another 20lbs off the front of the car. We will be using a trickle charger when the car will be without use for an extended time period, however we opted for the ETX-30 rather than the ETX-14. The 30 is about 10lbs heavier, but should offer a bit of security should the car not get driven for an extended period of time.

Total savings for the day was 70lbs. We'll be off to the track on Friday with less weight, extra power, and hopes to get kicked out for going 11.5X without a cage. After that it's more power, less weight, the perfect combination for a better overall car. The car now has a wild sound to it, a bit loud, a bit obnoxious, perfect for the persona the exterior displays.

Yea, got that covered also, be looking for that camo thing at Sebring!!! that camo wont hide ya out there!!
great project, keep it up helps keep me on my toes!

Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
ccmagic is infamous around these parts
Great build. Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Yea, got that covered also, be looking for that camo thing at Sebring!!! that camo wont hide ya out there!!
great project, keep it up helps keep me on my toes!
Definitely can't wait to get it out there. I think I will be taking the car for it's maiden track voyage at the PCA event in February at Roebling. Want to get a good feel for this car before I let Sebring hand it to me LOL.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM
hardtop is infamous around these parts
Cool thread.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned
dwspec is infamous around these parts
Can't go wrong with Titan for any kind of project...Subscribed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread