996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned
dwspec is infamous around these parts
meant to say...glad i subscribed and the camo looks badass!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Wes, that thing will fit in perfect on the track. Love it. Let me know when you are ready for the Comps.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
I saw the car at a rally in Orlando. Looks great.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KevinS4
I saw the car at a rally in Orlando. Looks great.
Thanks Man, I really wanted to get it lowered before the Rally, it's gonna look 100 times better once the suspension comes in, hopefully next week before PRI.

Originally Posted by HRE_Guy
Wes, that thing will fit in perfect on the track. Love it. Let me know when you are ready for the Comps.

For sure. Texas Mile is coming up so probably will order them early in the year. Stoptech hooked it up with their 380mm kit, so once those are on I'll have a better idea of fitment so we can get a nice original look on her.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Hey Wes, great looking project!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
BriK is infamous around these parts
Teh Sex.

I'm surprised that I like the Camo. I didn't think I would.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BriK
Teh Sex.

I'm surprised that I like the Camo. I didn't think I would.
that's the impression a lot have. They see the pictures and expect it to be a monstrocity (which it is) but when they see it in person I think it looks a lot better than they expect. With the door jams done and the carbon interior package it looks pretty cool.

I just took it for a spin with the EPL tune , 2 step works great, although Neros a bit crazy and has it at 5900 RPM lol. I don't think the clutch is going to make it through the weekend, but I don't expect it to either.

Straight pipes- LOUD. I actually enjoy it though, would I drive to Georgia with them, no. For trips around town and to the track they're great, just gotta keep an eye out for law enforcement and get off the gas near them. Some low end power is lost, but you can feel them shine up top.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Hey Wes, saw the "camo wonder" at the track last night. Looks very cool. Even the "rednecks" say they like Porsches now.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
OK ~

Titan-Power por-fa-vor?

I am hoping someone will tell me that the "base" project car only cost you $30-35K before all of the Krylon was added?

SY

Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by roncfpz
Hey Wes, saw the "camo wonder" at the track last night. Looks very cool. Even the "rednecks" say they like Porsches now.
Should have swung by and said hello. We'll be back at the track next week with the car once we survive PRI. Really need to get some drag radials or go on a night with more cars with big slicks so we can get some heat in the track.

Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
OK ~

Titan-Power por-fa-vor?

I am hoping someone will tell me that the "base" project car only cost you $30-35K before all of the Krylon was added?

SY
We paid low 40s for the car. The car was found near a race we where attending, and had no-sunroof and full carbon package making it an easy choice. It was in great shape when we picked it up, but Silver/Gray was far to boring for a shop car, it's not as pristine SY car, but still a beater buy overall hence the paint. If you've seen our other projects/race cars you'd understand the level this car will eventually be built for. For now we're having a blast while we're in the offseason from our pro drag program.

Last edited by onelove; 12-08-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:22 PM
centreville21 is infamous around these parts
Nice... I will be watching

Thanks for the time it takes to upload the pictures and info for all of us to see...

Old 12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Paid $41,550 for it but at the time in September that was the cheapest Porsche I could find in the country. Now there are some in the 30's, so its basically the same thing. These cars are a steal for the money right now

Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
OK ~

Titan-Power por-fa-vor?

SY

Old 12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor

With the PRI show in Orlando this past week, we had the pleasure of hosting an open house for the great vendors who serve Titan Motorsports. The open house was hosted at our new location which is currently under construction on Boggy Creek Road, and displayed a handful of street and race cars. This state of the art 25,000sq/ft facility is being designed and built from the ground up with extensive planning to ensure growth for each of Titans divisions for many years to come.

The exterior shell has been complete for some time, however permitting for the interior buildup has held up construction progress. As these conflicts are now resolved, we are getting much closer to moving to our new home, and look forward to posting many more updates as construction continues. Our current expectations anticipate a smooth transition towards the end of quarter 1 in 2009.

We reached a major milestone in construction this week with the hanging of our massive new sign. The sign features 42” tall brushed aluminum letters which are backlit by thousands of amber LEDs.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:37 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Nice update! Thanks.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Very nice, Wes. Really liking the new building, and I'm sure the interior will be just as badass as the exterior.

Good luck with the rest of the project!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread