996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Very nice, Wes. Really liking the new building, and I'm sure the interior will be just as badass as the exterior.

Good luck with the rest of the project!
Thanks, we're planning a ton of new stuff for the interior. We're actually building the front portion 2 stories for a total of 10,000sq/ft of office space no including the shop or warehouse. Should give me plenty of room to design a nice showroom for those coming to town. Being close to the airport should allow us a nice "unoffical test track" on some of the service roads, and best of all we're a stones throw away from FedEx. If anyone needs a last minute part at 7:30PM, we can rush ship it and drop it off directly at their airport processing center. Plenty more updates to come.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !

How to Properly Bed-In a Big Brake Kit

Installed our Stoptechs today and posted a quick blog on how to properly bed in your brakes. I'll post a complete thread tomorrow for those who are too lazy to go read it there

Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
pics of said stoptechs...Wes, I may be calling you soon for a little 1st round upgrade on my Turbo.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Soundeffects
pics of said stoptechs...Wes, I may be calling you soon for a little 1st round upgrade on my Turbo.
Sounds great man, I've got everything you need in stock. Once we have the extra room, I'll have the opportunity to keep stuff that most won't believe in stock at even better prices

Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
looks fantastic. congratulations!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
You guys are crazy! Love the Camo Wes cant wait to see it in person!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
I'll have her out at the 24 hours of Rolex if you can make it there. I'm sure the local PCA members will love being parked next to it in the coral

Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Reaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant future
Beautiful, I'm contemplating Stoptechs for my 935 as well. Love the camo paint, its nice to finally see someone really pushing a 996tt to the limit in the cosmetic and performance department. Very rare, very beautiful in that way.

BTW what's the weight on the car now?

Last edited by Reaper935; 01-23-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Car is currently on the lift, I'll try and snap some pictures of it today. Finally putting all the pieces of the puzzle together.

K24/18G with Upgraded Actuators
Standard Issue Boost Hoses
Standard Issue Diverters
Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch
Dual Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps
1,000cc High Impedance Injectors
Dual Titan Motorsports Widebands w/ Gauge
Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
Switzer Performance Headers
EPL Custom Tuning for K24s, testing 1,000cc Injectors

I also have the OEM Gt2 front bumper here with all appropriate hardware, will likely get to that next week. Also on the way is a MA Shaw 55" Race wing to shed some weight and give the car some downforce, and also a MA Shaw hood.

Still waiting for before Texas:
Status Carbon Fiber Seats
GMG Rollbar
OMP WRC Steering Wheel
KW Clubsport Coilovers
Motec M800 PNP

As you can see we are doing quite a bit to the car all at once, testing a few things here and there. We plan on having everything ready well before TX2K9 so that we can get some test time in on all aspects. I'll post some progress pictures later today.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor

Our Project 996tt is still under the knife getting it’s power plant upgrades and new clutch installed. We thought we had everything we needed, but a $10.00 fuel fitting has put us a few days behind, the new fitting should be here tomorrow so that we can finish the installation and fire the car up in the next 1-2 days. A big thanks to Tony @ EPL for helping us with the fuel system and working on a prototype tune for the big injectors we’ll be running.

In the meantime we received a truck shipment from MA Shaw today that included our new wing and carbon fiber hood. The factory 996TT rear wing has a hydraulic system that raises and lowers the wing to provide down force at higher speeds. While the system works great, it does so at a cost of weight. We’ve been looking for ways to save weight in every portion of our building, so we opted for a new wing. We called MA Shaw in California to build us one of their track wings and lightweight hoods. Their wing is very similar to what you would see on a factory cup car, however it’s slightly smaller in size, and incorporates ducting for the air intake. We opted for GT3RS carbon fiber end plates to give the wing a bit more of a street look as well. We estimate a weight savings of 25-30lbs with the hood, and another 25-30 in the rear as well while improving down force. We also received the last of the parts needed for our complete OEM GT2 front upgrade, I hope to tackle that tomorrow. Once the latest round of upgrades are complete we will re-weight the car and see where we’re at, more horsepower and less weight is never a bad thing.

Last edited by onelove; 06-19-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:17 AM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
Any updates guys? I'm curious to see some power numbers for this bad boy

Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
What a great build this has been. You guys should be on Horsepower TV with this one :-) Keep up the good work!
Robert

Old 01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Are you still planning to debut at Roebling Road in February? I would enjoy seeing the car.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Are you still planning to debut at Roebling Road in February? I would enjoy seeing the car.
That's the plan!

Trying to get everything done this week, making the GT2 nose functional has gotten the best of me so far, am waiting on 1 vent which came in damaged. Suncoast came through with a replacement so hopefully she'll get started this week just in time for our BBQ / Test session at Orlando Road course to make sure she's up to par.

I'll be running in the blue group at Roebling, maybe I'll get lucky and have you in the passenger seat to give me some pointers on how to properly drive the car.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
It's good that you're doing a functional conversion. You'll need that DF and perhaps more to balance the new wing. What angle of attack do you plan to use as a starting point?

Maybe we'll get to run together. That would be fun. Most of the clubs try to pair instructors with students who have similar cars and ours have some similarities.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread