996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Norton
I'm sorry you took me seriously. I was being facetious. I mean really now, how many camo turbos might there be at the track on any given day?
Hahahha, Nero's been overseas for a few weeks, I think the heat might have gotten to him.....

Old 02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
foxworth is infamous around these parts
subscribed, great project!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I knew we should have changed the damn coolant reservoir when the engine was out, but we didn't. Lesson learned and a new one is on the way from Porsche, got a lot to do next week and some customers cars in the way, hopefully I can get everything done in time to get her out on the track.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor
Just got our track wheels in from CCW. John set us up with his latest in the Corsair lineup the C2K. I originally saw these at the PRI show and thought they would be a great addition to the project both functionally and aesthetically. We placed the order on Monday and had them on Wednesday. Toyo supplied their R888 tires in a 235/40zr18 and 315/30ZR18 fitment, more agressive tires will be available to us using these wheels in the future when we convert to RWD and go with a more agressive track alignment. For now this setup should offer a great improvement for the additional power we plan on making.

More pictures can be found at our blog :
CCW C2K Track Wheels for Project 996tt

Last edited by onelove; 06-19-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Now lets hear about some new dyno or 1/4 mile #'s with the new turbos!!

Tim

Old 02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Oh, and wheels/wing/frt end look MUCH better!!

Tim

Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
Next few weeks for sure, Nero wants it at Texas so u can bet well have her out in thenext few months if not before then. Had a few bugs like the reserviour to address and other paying customers cars to take care of, were getting to home stretch now for sure.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove

We had the car out this weekend at a local car show Cars for the Cure in Lake Mary, FL. We just got the car running in time and also installed our new KW Suspension. We've got a few details left to finish such as a final tune by Tony @ EPL and a corner balance and alignment. We've also got a GMG Rollbar and Status racing seats on the way to help keep things safe when we're out on the track. The car was very well received at the jam packed show, and looks very aggressive with it's new lowered stance, gt2 front end, and MA Shaw track wing setup. I'm anxious to get things wrapped up in the next few weeks so we can begin testing the car for TX2K9 in March.

got to admit these cars are damn near identical, cant wait to get to a track together!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:13 PM
hollinsa is infamous around these parts
I can wait to hear more. This will be my first 996tt build. GoodLuck

Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tom kerr
got to admit these cars are damn near identical, cant wait to get to a track together!!!

Should be fun, I'll admit we've built ours to be more of a straight line competitor, but given the modifications she should also fair very well on the road course. I'm really anxious to try the Motec out with track mapping for data acquisition in the future to get a better idea, speed based boost control could make the back straight at Sebring a lot of fun with 650-700hp on tap lol.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Should be fun, I'll admit we've built ours to be more of a straight line competitor, but given the modifications she should also fair very well on the road course. I'm really anxious to try the Motec out with track mapping for data acquisition in the future to get a better idea, speed based boost control could make the back straight at Sebring a lot of fun with 650-700hp on tap lol.
just let me know when enjoy your thread, I need to stop in your shop sometime!!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor

After a few busy weeks we finally got a chance to get Project 996tt on the dyno for some initial tuning with our new K24/18G+ kit. After a few busy weeks in the shop working on customers cars and a short weight for a few final missing parts we strapped her on our in-house dynojet in RWD format to begin tuning and get some power to the ground.

We've slowly been turning up the boost on the car and dialing in the tune with the help of Tony Chick from EPL's using their new dealer flash tool. The flashing has been flawless and the process of uploading a new file to the car takes mere minutes. We've seen great results so far at lower boost levels and will be turning the boost up a couple ticks in the next week or two to get even more power out of the setup. Using our new fuel system is working great and ad 1.31 bar we where only at 55% duty cycle on the injectors, so we have plenty of room to go for more boost, we'll likely stop at 1.4-1.5bar on race fuel as this should be a good point for hard usage on the stock engine.

First Pass on low boost (1.15 bar):

60' 1.729
330 4.889
1/8 7.404
MPH 100.83
1000 9.535
1/4 11.293
MPH 126.79

Second Pass with a bit more boost (1.31 bar)

60' 1.882
330 4.957
1/8 7.306
MPH 105.99
1000 9.344
1/4 11.051
MPH 130.34

We’ll be doing a bit more tuning this week, hopefully turning the wick up for a bit more power. Chris Green @ USP Motorsports is sending a set of his intercoolers for us to use on the car, that should help keep the intake temperatures down as the boost gets turned up. Now that we’ve gone quicker than 11.5X twice, the track has also requested we install a roll bar. We’re going to take some time to install our GMG cage and new Status seats and try to get rid of some more dead weight in the interior. Progress is always a good thing and with a near 10 second pass on only our 2nd pass, I’m quite happy with where we’re heading.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Wes that car looks amazing! Great runs too!!!!

This car needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate it!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
Wes that car looks amazing! Great runs too!!!!

This car needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate it!!!!!!!
See if they'll let me leave it in the showroom for a few days....then again it'd probably end up out back next to a nice CGT

Old 02-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Oscar_L is infamous around these parts
Hello.

What brand is it on this rear decklid?
Made from glasfiber / Carbon fiber?
Price?

Best Regards
Oscar

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread