996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Oscar_L
Hello.

What brand is it on this rear decklid?
Made from glasfiber / Carbon fiber?
Price?

Best Regards
Oscar
MA Shaw, made from Carbon fiber. It's the GT3 style decklid build for the turbo, with GT3 RS endplates, 55" Wing blade.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onelove
See if they'll let me leave it in the showroom for a few days....then again it'd probably end up out back next to a nice CGT

That sure would start a ruckus!!!!

I already have it as a background for my computer

You should bring it by for the new Boxster/Cayman Launch!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
damn wes... you guys move quick!! i'm loving the way that car is turning out, definitely doing with the right looks and mods imo... looking forward to see what you guys do next.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Oscar_L is infamous around these parts
MA Shaw, made from Carbon fiber. It's the GT3 style decklid build for the turbo, with GT3 RS endplates, 55" Wing blade.
OK.

Do you maybe have any more pictures of just the decklid?

I have an 996 GT2 witch i have bought an 997 GT3 RSR wing for and have plans to build my own decklid but this one looked really good.

Do you have any more decklids for sale ?

Best Regards
Oscar

Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZEMDOGG
That sure would start a ruckus!!!!

You should bring it by for the new Boxster/Cayman Launch!
Let me know when it is and I'm there, save me a spot right in front of the building this time, the vallet guys black balled me last time lol.

OK.

Do you maybe have any more pictures of just the decklid?

I have an 996 GT2 witch i have bought an 997 GT3 RSR wing for and have plans to build my own decklid but this one looked really good.

Do you have any more decklids for sale ?

Best Regards
Oscar
I don't have pictures other than those posted to this thread. The wing was built to order but I'm sure Mike @ MA Shaw would be more than happy to build you one.

Originally Posted by jhuang25
damn wes... you guys move quick!! i'm loving the way that car is turning out, definitely doing with the right looks and mods imo... looking forward to see what you guys do next.
Thanks man, it's gone a bit slower than I originally liked, but it feels like we're on track now and the car is nearing initial competition to where we can just track test her and fix what breaks. Sometimes with a business it's hard to remember that you've got to cater to your customers in the shop and take a break from these projects from time to time. It all works out in the end though.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't have pictures other than those posted to this thread. The wing was built to order but I'm sure Mike @ MA Shaw would be more than happy to build you one.
Ok that sounds great.
Do you have any email adress to the guy who made it or any web adress to his company so i can contact him.

Best Regards
Oscar

Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Is the wing an standard 996 GT3 RS wing or its also special made for this decklid?
Do you still have the electric fan and all the stuff on the inside of the decklid?

Best Regards
Oscar

Old 02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor
Is the wing an standard 996 GT3 RS wing or its also special made for this decklid?
Do you still have the electric fan and all the stuff on the inside of the decklid?

Best Regards
Oscar
Everything is custom made to fit. It uses Cup endplates and a 55" cup blade, however instead of putting aluminum side planes, I had him add GT3RS endplates in carbon. All electric fans are in this wing.

http://www.mashaw.net/

Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Looks pretty damn hot!!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Fabryce
I am loving the CF top! It looks great.
Thanks
Robert

Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
Spent Friday gutting the interior getting ready for our new rollbar and Status seats. Figured since we had half the interior our might as well get rid of the sound deadening foam and panels on the interior to see what they weight. The results where well worth it as so far we've saved 35-40lbs and still have a bit to go.

The Start of the process, getting all the panels and carpet out so we can work our wonders.

You place the dry ice directly onto the big pieces (there are 5-6 sections of this on the interior) and let it sit for a few.

Come back after 4-5 minutes and start breaking the ice up with a hammer, let it sit on top of the sound deadener for a few more minutes. You will hear the dry ice begin to work it's wonders, and after a few more light taps with a hammer the sound deadening panels will shatter allowing you to easily remove the pieces from the interior. Most won't go this far, but it's weight, it's right in front of us,might as well get rid of it while you got it there. Due to the weight of the ice I couldn't get an exact weight, however I'm willing to bet it's worth a few lbs.

As for the carpet, when you remove it out of the car it looks something like this.

After a few hours with a paint scrapper and a few razorblades on all the interior carpet pieces you end up with pieces that look like this, just 30-35lbs lighter. It may be even more but I have 1 more piece to finish scraping on Monday.

The final process netted a hefty bag full of foam, and a car that is lighter and hopefully quicker as a result.

Last edited by onelove; 06-19-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Reaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant future
Dude, ya'lls passion for removing weight makes the aircooled guys proud Drill some holes in the door handles and you'd fit right in with the R crowd (the real one not the sticker guys). (Not suggesting to drill holes in door handles by the way)

Fantastic results, waiting with severe anticipation to find out just how much weight was lost when she's all done. Big thumbsup.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Reaper935
Dude, ya'lls passion for removing weight makes the aircooled guys proud Drill some holes in the door handles and you'd fit right in with the R crowd (the real one not the sticker guys). (Not suggesting to drill holes in door handles by the way)

Fantastic results, waiting with severe anticipation to find out just how much weight was lost when she's all done. Big thumbsup.
We're a bunch of old school Honda guys, hence the desire to get rid of weight. There's only one thing better than a car with a ton of horsepower, and that's a car with a ton of horsepower and a ton of weight reduction.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Gettydesign wing...

great minds think alike.................interior gutted full cage through dash to front towers going in, ac out and roof getting cut off and replaced with CF. lexan front and back windows and CF doors on the way...........see ya at the track Wes!!

Last edited by tom kerr; 03-07-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Gettydesign wing...

great minds think alike.................interior gutted full cage through dash to front towers going in, ac out and roof getting cut off and replaced with CF. lexan front and back windows and CF doors on the way...........see ya at the track Wes!!

Looks killer!!! We where going to do the full cage with Nascar style doorbars and carbon fiber doors but will save that for the next faze. Nero wants to keep the car somewhat streetable for a while just on the extreme side so our customers can relate. I think we may go for the Lexan windows in the near future as well. Like you we got a bit of whine from the rear diff, have a Guard 40/60 on the way and going to see what else is needed once we get the diff out.

I personally can't wait to take it to the next level and go full out track car like yours is, but probably won't hit that market until next year. I just signed up for Roebling April 4-5, that will likely be my next time out to the track in the car, I was hoping to go last month but the flu got the better of me. In the meantime Neros going to beat on her at the drag strip the next few weeks and get ready for the TX2K shootout in Houston.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread