996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:07 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
the getty and Mashaw wing are the same right..?

Old 03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SMR
the getty and Mashaw wing are the same right..?
Very similar, Tom's car is running a bit larger wing on his car since it's primarily a track car. I believe he has the 61' version with Cupendplates , we have the 55" with RS endplates. Both use a carbon base with consideration taken for the turbos fan.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Out of curiousity have you seen the Aeromotions active wing technology in action?

It is an impressive bit of engineering. They have already developed applications for BMW and Nissan GT-R. They are quite interested in the 996/997 Porsche platforms as well. I was discussing the options of using their product on my VW track car (apparently the air flow to the foil is cleaner for a hatchback v. a coupe) but I am heading in the direction of developing a 996TT road course package with Tym Switzer at SPI. I appreciate all the effort that has gone into your project car to date and look forward to seeing the results of the ongoing development.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That is one of the coolest front ends I have seen.

Originally Posted by Reaper935
Dude, ya'lls passion for removing weight makes the aircooled guys proud Drill some holes in the door handles and you'd fit right in with the R crowd (the real one not the sticker guys). (Not suggesting to drill holes in door handles by the way)

Fantastic results, waiting with severe anticipation to find out just how much weight was lost when she's all done. Big thumbsup.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by onelove
Very similar, Tom's car is running a bit larger wing on his car since it's primarily a track car. I believe he has the 61' version with Cupendplates , we have the 55" with RS endplates. Both use a carbon base with consideration taken for the turbos fan.
Sorry i meant deck lid

Im going to run the RSR blade as before "68" with RSR plates

Old 03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mxk116
Out of curiousity have you seen the Aeromotions active wing technology in action?

It is an impressive bit of engineering. They have already developed applications for BMW and Nissan GT-R. They are quite interested in the 996/997 Porsche platforms as well. I was discussing the options of using their product on my VW track car (apparently the air flow to the foil is cleaner for a hatchback v. a coupe) but I am heading in the direction of developing a 996TT road course package with Tym Switzer at SPI. I appreciate all the effort that has gone into your project car to date and look forward to seeing the results of the ongoing development.
Seen it in the past on NSX files, not exact wing but looked very interesting. To be quite honest we're quite a while away from needing a wing like that. Takes a TON of data to really get something like that setup and working properly, right now with what we're working with we've got plenty to work on and develop with the setup in the meantime (final tuneup, more power, a larger set of turbochargers, Motec standalone, a built engine to support big boost, etc) definitely might be something to look into in the future, none the less it makes for a great bit of reading for me on a Saturday night, thanks for the link.

Last edited by onelove; 03-07-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
Seen it in the past on NSX files, not exact wing but looked very interesting. To be quite honest we're quite a while away from needing a wing like that. Takes a TON of data to really get something like that setup and working properly, right now with what we're working with we've got plenty to work on and develop with the setup in the meantime (final tuneup, more power, a larger set of turbochargers, Motec standalone, a built engine to support big boost, etc) definitely might be something to look into in the future, none the less it makes for a great bit of reading for me on a Saturday night, thanks for the link.

I thought you would find it of interest. Love your build and by the looks of it you are putting your effort in all the right places. Power to weight ratio is where it is at. Looking forward to the next update

Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Cascade is infamous around these partsCascade is infamous around these parts
Great build guys!

Old 03-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor

Today I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas as the UPS man arrived for our daily drop off. Our new Status Racing Ring GT seats arrived for our Porsche, and I must admit I was highly impressed with them. We opted for the Ring GT seat in a black carbon fiber with black alcantara covering for this application to tie in with the black carbon interior package in our car. The attention to detail on these seats is unbelievable, the weave is perfect, the covering has no wrinkles, and they even include a billet etched serial plate on the seats. These seats are available in a FRP, Carbon, or Carbon Kevlar finish and have covering options available in cloth,suede, and leather in a wide variety of colors. Most seats can be turned around in 2 weeks of less, a very impressive feat given the high standards of quality Status strives to achieve. Like many of their products, these seats meat FIA safety requirements and are acceptable in most racing organizations.

The factory Porsche seats with hardware weighed in at a hefty 60lbs each including hardware. Our new Ring GT's without hardware weighed in at 21lbs! Even with the brackets and sliders mounted on the seat we still should be looking at a 65-70lb savings for the pair. It's hard to argue with a great looking, comfortable seat made from quality products that saves so much weight. We've been in talks with Status since we first saw their high quality products at SEMA, and are proud to be one of their main East coast distribution points. If you're in the market for a custom seat or set of quality harnesses, give one of our sales reps a call or email and they'll make sure you're covered.

Last edited by onelove; 06-19-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
The seats are a terrific match for the car. Please post images when they are installed

Old 03-09-2009, 06:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
nice seats!!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
Should have them installed tomorrow if all goes as planned, waiting on the new fia approved side brackets to arrive from the anodizer.

We got all the carpet back in today and most of the interior, need to put the rollbar and a few more panels and I'll snap some updated pics. Carpet looks great, to the naked eye you could never tell we shaved 40lbs of junk from under it. Anxious to hear how much the cabin noise has increased although it's not a major concern for me.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Wes,

Whats the scoop on the seats? Pricing? Availability? Are they comfy?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bmoores
Wes,

Whats the scoop on the seats? Pricing? Availability? Are they comfy?
Shoot me an email, there are various pricing and options depending on what you're looking for. I think they're super comftorable, but I'm 5'11, 165 so they fit like a glove. Bigger guys might find them a bit tight but they definitely hold you in the seats.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Former Vendor
Had a fun week so far working on this car, with Texas around the corner my acts to be pro-active have added additional time to the project. We opted for a Guard 40/60 GT2 LSD for the car, and while installing it found some wear on the ring and pinion. We got a replacement ring and pinion on the way, as well as diff bearings to freshen things up. Since we're low on time this go around new ratios and gearing will not be in order but it's something not out of the question in the future. Thanks for Mike @ Guard and Don @ Zotz for their input and great service.

Since we where upgrading the diff, we figured the axles could use a bit of an upgrade as well to be pro-active. We installed DriveShaft Shops latest upgrade and are anxious to test them out. I'll post some pictures and details once we get the install wrapped up, if anyone is looking for a set of upgraded axles we will be adding these to our parts inventory immediately.

Still waiting our our new FIA approved seat brackets to arrive so we can finish installing our Status Seats and harnesses.

Hopefully the FedEx guy becomes a hero and gets everything here early this week, I'm anxious to get the old girl back on the dyno to turn her up a bit more, then more importantly out to the track for some battle testing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread