996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Alternative is infamous around these parts
Hurry up on the build...

Old 03-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Will be 6 months from the day we bought the car next Wednesday when I load her up in the trailer for TX, I think she's come pretty far given the time frame, glad to have "stage 1" done by our target date so far.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !

We’ve been working on a Motec PNP solution for the Porsche 996tt since we purchased our car. Starting off with a base jump harness Darin was able to wire the Motec into the jump harness without cutting a wire on the factory harness. If we even wanted to go back to a factory Motronic setup we can unplug the jumper harness and plug the factory ECU back in. I want to be the first to say this is not a replacement for a ECU reflash, and should not be considered as such. While the harness is plug and play, the setup and tuning of a standalone is anything but and should be left to only the most qualified of tuners. It’s not intended for a full daily driver or basic bolt-on turbo car, we’re looking to race the car heavily at both the drag strip and road course, and went with the Motec for on the spot control of the ECU, as well as the additional data that can be recorded and reviewed between runs during testing. We’ve had to do quite a bit to get the factory ECU to continue to control the vehicle while allowing the Motec to take control of the engines functions, but after a few days or troubleshooting we have made huge grounds and have the car running and driving quite smoothly, now it’s just a matter of turning the car up and making the extra power we hope for with the K24/18G setup.

As a result of converting the car to speed density we where able to remove some factory parts that are known to be restrictive. Here you can see the very restrictive plastic intake ducting that connects the airbox to the turbocharger inlet. Anyone who thinks that new shiny airbox or filter is getting them a ton of performance, remember it has to flow through this restriction before it ever meets the turbos.

Since we removed the MAF sensor and went to a speed density setup when installing the Motec we where able to use a standard air filter setup, our Fabricator John did a great job of routing the pipe through the fenderwell to the new filter location.

This image should show you how tight a fit the 2.5″ pipe is inside the wheel well. It took many test fits but John was able to make the pipe work while providing adequate clearance for our R888s to fit. We modified the intake ducting for the intercooler to provide fresh air to the filter as well, providing a true ram air effect that not only provides the filter with fresh air, but still maintains proper intercooling as well.

Since the Motec operates off a MAP sensor rather than a closed loop MAF sensor, we where able to remove the factory diverter valve setup and install a standard blow off valve onto the existing Y Pipe. We opted for a Tial BOV mounted at the front of the y-pipe for easy vacuum line routing and venting to atmosphere. We’ve got a bit more fabricating and tuning to do, but hope to have the car on the dyno on Friday and if all goes as planned the car on the track that evening.

For More Pictures and complete Information visit our Blog :
Project 996tt get Motec and a host of changes as a result.

Last edited by onelove; 06-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Hmmmm, there is some serious (road course) firepower being built in the form of 996 TT's, we need to gather all the beasts together somewhere and have at it.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Hmmmm, there is some serious (road course) firepower being built in the form of 996 TT's, we need to gather all the beasts together somewhere and have at it.
That would be fun The car actually is going on a boat to Puerto Rico Wednesday for a drag race. The promoter wanted to bring our Supra to the event, but after seeing the Porsche he added that to the card as well. Once the car gets back we'll have more time to sort her out and get it to the road course. We've got a great team in place at the shop and recently hired Robin, who previously worked at BGB doing car setup and data aquisition. It shouldn't take long to get the car sorted out, however I'm more concerned about how long it's going to take me to get sorted out and used to the car. It's amazing how much of the parts / way we setup a car for drag racing as far as equipment goes translates directly to the road course (light weight, tilton, motec, etc)

Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Wes what the final weight of this car now?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Wes what the final weight of this car now?
Unfortunately our scales are in our race rig which has been traveling the country, hopefully it will be back at the end of the month so I can re-scale the car (need to re-corner balance it now that it's RWD only as well). My estimates have it somewhere in the 3050-3150 range without driver.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:19 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Guys
Are you all going to make it to Texas in October? I think we should have a small get together in H town.. a mini supra nats?
Robert

Old 09-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by robmd99
Hey Guys
Are you all going to make it to Texas in October? I think we should have a small get together in H town.. a mini supra nats?
Robert
Going to try, we've got the MileMarker-1 event the week before here in South Florida, if the car holds together and does ok we may try and drive out the next week. We'll be in Houston the week after for the ADRL world finals in our drag car.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Great build, looking forward to final results!!

Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Remind me and I will make it out for the drag racing event! I would like to give you guys a little Texas welcome!
Good Luck
Robert

Old 09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Remind me and I will make it out for the drag racing event! I would like to give you guys a little Texas welcome!
Good Luck
Robert
Texas welcome? is that where you get him so drunk he falls to the floor on all fours, then you sit on his back and dig in your spurs

BTW, Hope you're feeling alright Rob

Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Yes, Don't tell every one about the Texas Twister LOL I am able walk now which is good. Hey, I took a ride in Todd's tip today and his car feels like a auto Supra... it really digs in well!
Cheers
Robert

Old 09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yes, Don't tell every one about the Texas Twister LOL I am able walk now which is good. Hey, I took a ride in Todd's tip today and his car feels like a auto Supra... it really digs in well!
Cheers
Robert

Yeah he said something about you screeching like a little girl and that you've never been in such a fast car???

Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Good Luck
Robert
Email me your address and I'll send you some tickets. It's October 23-24 at Ennis. Most of the races as of late have had 40-45k fans in the stands, it's out of control. I don't think I'll be at the event but both Nero,Bottle and the rest of the crew will be there running in Xtreme 10.5 ( running 4.0X in the 1/8 on 10.5" tires)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread