996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:36 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Any updates on this project guys?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Any updates on this project guys?
Been slammed at the shop, customers cars first. Should be back to working on it in the next few weeks, at this point the car really needs nothing more than a ton of time on the dyno and street for tuning, and maybe some bigger turbos in the near future

Old 11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
Been slammed at the shop, customers cars first. Should be back to working on it in the next few weeks, at this point the car really needs nothing more than a ton of time on the dyno and street for tuning, and maybe some bigger turbos in the near future
What turbos are on the car now, Wes?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Still stock bottom end yes? How far are you guys going to push it? I figure the various Supra shops who pushed those cars are the best to look to in finding the edges here ;-) Do not want to see it pop but it would be interesting to see some high boost numbers and then the results of a tear down when you guys get uncomfortable.... Wish the Motec or some other ECU was easy to use and not cost a mint. Drives me crazy having no ability to tune!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Car still has K24/18G and bone stock 66k mile bottom end. I've been driving the car around a bit here and there to local shows and things like that, but haven't taken it back out to the road course or drag strip. Mainly as a result of time, we've been slammed at the new location and as much as I'd rather finish the car up, customers come first. Once we do get back on track with the car we'll push it as far as we can take it like we have with other cars. We've already got a set of cylinder heads at our porter, and worked with Ferrea to develop a Titan/Ferrea 996tt valve upgrade package, cams will likely be next. From what I've seen so far these engines can take quite a bit WITH good tuning and good fuel. We're not going to deviate from either of the previous 2 so you won't see us trying to push 1.5 bar with tons of timing on 91 octane, which in return will likely have these engines holding together much longer.

The Motec integration works great so far, the only problem we're having is with the factory DBW, we can do a work around for it, but right now it looks like we'll send the factory TB and pedal set to motec to have these calibrated and let the Motec control them as well. That's the only major hickup we've had so far.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Have you weighed the car in its current configuraton Wes? If so, where was she at?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Have you weighed the car in its current configuraton Wes? If so, where was she at?
Haven't yet, I'm estimating we're in the 3050-3150 range right now. Race season just ended so the rig and scales should be making it's way back to FL in the next month so we can re-corner balance and scale the car in RWD configuration.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
We've been so slammed in the shop that I put a hault on working on the Porsche for about 4 weeks just to make sure all the customer car's get done. We've been working overtime and in the weekends to get customer stuff delivered in the timely manner they are use to. We should be hopefully caught up by week's end. Missed SEMA to keep pushing on the new shop progress and trying to get more equipment installed.

Hopefully next week we'll be working on the Porsche again. Just finished an install on another customer's Porsche as well

Old 11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Having had a shop push my car back and back and back forever - 50 weeks yes YOU TPC! - I can certainly appreciate a shop that puts their customer's cars first and gets them out the door. I was burned once many years ago, an experience I won't forget and have shared with at least a couple of that shop's potential customers. Taking care of the customers first pays dividends for sure!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
nsxmatt is infamous around these parts
Any updates on the car?

Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
We've been playing with the Motec on the car a bit more and have the DBW mapped out now, just need to find some time to wrap up the final tuning, and make a new fuel system for the car with a sump tank. We just hired another experienced fabricator this week who should help speed up this process. We also just got a new Dynojet AWD dyno with dual load control which the car should be seeing a bit of time on. I want to see more progress with the car and spend some time on the road course with her, but just haven't had the time since moving to the new shop and being slammed with customer cars. Hoping in the next 1-2 weeks we can schedule out a day or two to play with her some more.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
nsxmatt is infamous around these parts
Nice! I'd like to check it out along with the shop when I come down for vacation.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Tell your new skilled fabricator Mitch says Hi Wes.

Mitch M

Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Mitch@Vivid
Tell your new skilled fabricator Mitch says Hi Wes.

Mitch M
Will do

Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Looks great Wes, excellent work as usual!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread