996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
well that is a great project, one in which I have done myself. assume yours will be faster. since you are in my backyard, I will be waiting to see ya at the track!!
who's the driver?
It should be a lot of fun, we're looking to take this car to another level, the goal I've always had for it was a 700-800hp Turbo Cup Car (obviously dialed down for most road courses). For most events myself or Nero will be driving the car. I want to take the car to the mile and Nero wants to take it to the dragstrip, either way it's good fun for both of us. Once we get to Sebring who knows, it's going to be much easier to develop the car, than it will be to develope myself as a driver, I've definitely got to fit a few DE's into my schedule to get progressing on that. In the meantime we have a hired shoe in mind that can sort the car out once we get to that point.

Originally Posted by CAPTLST
Are you going to have it out at the Cars and Cafe GTG Wes?
I should have it or the Yellow car at this coming C&C, right now I enjoy driving it much more as it's got a bit more bite. In the future I will likely bring out this car as it progresses and gets some much needed power (and a Tilton clutch which I can't seem to live without in my cars).

Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 AM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread! Tell us more!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 AM
etzee is infamous around these parts
Great info and anxious to see its development. Any plans to go larger with the turbos? Subscribed!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by etzee
Great info and anxious to see its development. Any plans to go larger with the turbos? Subscribed!
Eventually yes, start with the K24/18Gs as it will relate to what 75% of our customers will want. Then we'll go with a GT30 sized / custom spec'd turbo for those wanting more power.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Sounds cool guys! Subscribed...

Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys improve the handling of the car more so than the power upgrades.

By the way, is that Kid GT2's car for sale on your site?

Greg A

Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by teflon
I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys improve the handling of the car more so than the power upgrades.

By the way, is that Kid GT2's car for sale on your site?

Greg A
We will work on the handling as well, that's something relatively easy to do, once we start road coursing the car it will take a bit more work, but something we'll deal with when we get there. The car will have a lot of take-off Cup car parts installed.

Yes that is Kid GT2s car for sale on the site.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
This is going to be a great thread. I always wear my Titan Motorsports shirt around and people tell me they dont work on Porsche's. Now I can tell them they do!!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Looks good guys! Cant wait to see it come together.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
very cool!

Old 09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Tony and Dan.

I would also like to mention that we are willing to work with any other vendor on this project to test or develop their own products with an independent opinion. I have no problem running competitors products on the car, and include them in our performance kits if they're reasonably priced and proven to work. I also hope to produce quality parts for other tuners and take advantage of bulk pricing. This method has worked for years in the Supra world and I have no problem seeing why the same can't be true in the Porsche market. We currently sell to many Porsche tuners already (Protomotive / IA / Vivid/ EPL to name a few), and buy from many of the same tuners we sell to. This project is more of a fun project for us personally, however we look to produce some great parts and change the industry a bit for the better. There is plenty out there for everyone, and my goal is to convert many E46/Sti/EVO/Supra owners over to this platform, who previously view it as too expensive to tune. This will be mutually beneficial to all as the price drop of these cars make them affordable.

Originally Posted by PacMan Z
This is going to be a great thread. I always wear my Titan Motorsports shirt around and people tell me they dont work on Porsche's. Now I can tell them they do!!
We are wrapping up a 2JZ, Supra IRS'd Plymouth Prowler that makes over 800hp. Needless to say we have the capabilities to work on just about anything, given the proper time frame and funds. We've owned a Porsche for over 3 years now, just haven't gone crazy with the build-up.

Last edited by onelove; 09-18-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Don't mean to hijack the thread... and I know you are new to the selling side of the industry, but becareful what you say that could not be public information or incorrect to skew customers views. "We sell to many Porsche tuners already (Protomotive / IA / Vivid/ EPL to name a few)."

Vivid Racing has in the past used Titan as a wholesale distributor for performance products such as Greddy, NX, Blitz, and other components which we now buy direct from the manufacturers. We have never purchased any Porsche products from Titan. In fact, Titan is a "dealer" of our Agency Power product line.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:28 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Awesome Wes...I'm sure this car will be a beast.....you guys at Titan do great Stuff.....

Old 09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
I don't mind the hijack, and you are correct, we sell to many tuners through our wholesale department. I'm quite framiliar to the selling side of the industry, if you feel the need to clarify your stance that's understandable.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by RDH
Awesome Wes...I'm sure this car will be a beast.....you guys at Titan do great Stuff.....
Thanks Rob, just let me know when you're ready to drop that new GT2 of yours for some extra power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread