996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Subscribed.

onelove, I've been very impressed with some of the MKIV Supras you guys have built. I look forward to seeing what you guys have in store for the P-car community. All the best to you guys.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:59 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
I was at there shop the other day and in one of the bays saw a heavily tuned Supra engine custom fabed into a Plymoth Prowler that was absolutely SICK.....I think the car was a few more months away from completion but talk about a sleeper...was around 7/800hp if I recall...Crazy stuff they do there but they get it done....they apparently have the can do anything attitude...

Old 09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Congrats! Can't wait to see the finished product. If it is anything near what you guys do for Supra's, then its gonna be badazz!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Rob -

The prowler project has been a fun one. I figure if we can get a Toyota 2JZ, Chevy Transmision, Independent rear suspension, Motec standalone, into a Plymouth Prowler, to make 800hp and drive like it came that way, we shouldn't be scared of hte Porsche .

Hopefully this project inspires you to build that 930 or 993 that you've been searching for.

Originally Posted by dk996tt
Congrats! Can't wait to see the finished product. If it is anything near what you guys do for Supra's, then its gonna be badazz!
Thanks David, I must say it took the Sledgehammer's 9 second pass to inspire us to go purchase a dedicated shop car, one of the most expensive YouTube videos I've seen in a while. Fortunately it saved my yellow car from getting cut up Which reminds me that Nero needs to get a Switzer exhaust on the way.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
great post, please continue......

Old 09-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Sandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really niceSandman_ZZZ is just really nice
I noticed you have mentioned switching to a tilton. Is this just a personal feel (I owned a triple carbon on the supra so I know that feeling), or is there a deeper reason for the switch.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
I run the triple carbon in my BPU Supra and most of my other performance cars. Its personal feel but also we haven't found another clutch that performs the same. The way the clutch rev's and shifts at high RPM is 2nd to none, no one wants tranny rebuild's because of synchro failure.

Also the way the cltuch drives on the street and leaving a traffic light with the light clutch pedal can't be beat. Its also nice that its a simple/effective assembly that doesn't fail. I hate having to redo things when it can be done right the first time.

Originally Posted by crna
I noticed you have mentioned switching to a tilton. Is this just a personal feel (I owned a triple carbon on the supra so I know that feeling), or is there a deeper reason for the switch.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:03 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
ah there he is. lol what's new Nero? I was wondering when you'd sign into this thread! haha.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 PM
KoolMikeSki is infamous around these parts
Wow this is going to be good. I need to go down to orlando Good Luck with the project. I've seen alot of your local Supra's and there all 1st class.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
What else is there to say. Titan motorsports has been an industry leader/innovator!!! I won't expect nothing but the best from you guys!! Good luck and......SUBSCRIBED!!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:01 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
What are you planning on offering as far as software?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 PM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
Interesting Start! Subscribed!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
What are you planning on offering as far as software?
Not really interested in creating our own software, there are plenty of great factory DME tuning services out there. We currently use Todd @ Protomotive for most.

We will Motec this car at some point (We may even offer a plug and play similar to what we offer for Supras). All of our street cars run this setup and it's what we are most familiar with. The factory ECU is great for most, but it lacks some important features for a car we hope to race, and it does not offer the great logging features that the Motec will.

Last edited by onelove; 09-19-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
subscribed.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
very cool this should be good

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread