996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 AM
LPtech is infamous around these parts
its nice seeing the piece by piece weight reduction, looking forward to seeing the numbers you pull

Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Today the UPS man arrived with the HRE P43 Monoblock wheels we have awaiting our 996. We opted for the same texture black finish as found on our yellow car, but went with the P43 straight spoke look to mix things up a bit. Unfortunately the tires did not arrive as quickly as the wheels, we'll have them in next week and hope to mount the wheels at that time.

In the meantime we'll be getting some baseline dyno numbers on the car using CFT's AWD Dyno (we will do some testing on our RWD dyno with driveshaft disconnect as well), and hope to do some more baseline testing at the track this evening as well. As always check our blog for up to date results.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
i love the UPS man. great run. looks like you guys are getting the hang of launching porsches pretty quickly!

Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
i love the UPS man. great run. looks like you guys are getting the hang of launching porsches pretty quickly!
UPS man is great, we should be getting a ton of new parts in the next 1-2 weeks.

These cars aren't really that bad to launch from what I've seen so far. Nero made it look super easy but I've been lucky enough to get better each time to date, having a Tilton in the car ads a bit of confidence it will hold no matter what I try..... Nero on the other hand may be in need of a Tilton himself after a few more weeks of this

Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Subscribed...

Old 09-27-2008, 08:20 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
subscribed...

Old 09-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by onelove
UPS man is great, we should be getting a ton of new parts in the next 1-2 weeks.

These cars aren't really that bad to launch from what I've seen so far. Nero made it look super easy but I've been lucky enough to get better each time to date, having a Tilton in the car ads a bit of confidence it will hold no matter what I try..... Nero on the other hand may be in need of a Tilton himself after a few more weeks of this
i bet it is nice to know you can rebuild these clutches and save some money!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:57 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CAPTLST
Are you going to have it out at the Cars and Cafe GTG Wes?
How bout the Sebring GTG?? That's where people actually "drive" their cars instead of standing around just looking at them (no insults meant) just love it when these cars are on the track!!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tom kerr
How bout the Sebring GTG?? That's where people actually "drive" their cars instead of standing around just looking at them (no insults meant) just love it when these cars are on the track!!
This car will see the road course in due time. Currently it'll be spending the next few months on the drag strip as we work on our production kits, Phase 2 is road course / DE / Time attack related , with an occasional trip to the Texas mile. There is more to a car than just road coursing however, we want an all around balanced car in every arena.

More news on Monday, we're finalizing an improved GT series bolt-on turbo kit, I think many will be suprised when it's announced.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
This car will see the road course in due time. Currently it'll be spending the next few months on the drag strip as we work on our production kits, Phase 2 is road course / DE / Time attack related , with an occasional trip to the Texas mile. There is more to a car than just road coursing however, we want an all around balanced car in every arena.

More news on Monday, we're finalizing an improved GT series bolt-on turbo kit, I think many will be suprised when it's announced.
sounds good and look forward to the build as it is in my backyard. but the road coarse shows when a car is "well balanced". power, brakes, suspension=well balanced.

hope to see the car around

good luck

Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
There's a lot more to a "well balanced" car then it running ok on a road course, anyone can bolt on wheels/brakes/suspension on a good platform as the Porsche and run well. We've had those scales before I ever got on a road course, street/strip/track requires all various level's of knowledge and preparation to run with the best.

Originally Posted by tom kerr
sounds good and look forward to the build as it is in my backyard. but the road coarse shows when a car is "well balanced". power, brakes, suspension=well balanced.

hope to see the car around

good luck

Old 09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by titannero
There's a lot more to a "well balanced" car then it running ok on a road course, anyone can bolt on wheels/brakes/suspension on a good platform as the Porsche and run well. We've had those scales before I ever got on a road course, street/strip/track requires all various level's of knowledge and preparation to run with the best.
Alright enough with the weight loss stuff. Show us Titan power!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
subscribed.....

Old 09-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Jesse is infamous around these parts
Yea...we want to see some power

Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
i bet it is nice to know you can rebuild these clutches and save some money!

Most clutches are rebuildable... usually you just replace the iron disks... in the carbon carbon set up one can shim the disks... but after a certain point you still need new carbin disks... nothing lasts forever.

I had a sachs racing clutch, a ATS carbon clutch, a clutchmasters twin disk, and currently awaiting the outcome of the tilton triple carbon...
time will tell... I hope it lasts ...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread