996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Most clutches are rebuildable... usually you just replace the iron disks... in the carbon carbon set up one can shim the disks... but after a certain point you still need new carbin disks... nothing lasts forever.

I had a sachs racing clutch, a ATS carbon clutch, a clutchmasters twin disk, and currently awaiting the outcome of the tilton triple carbon...
time will tell... I hope it lasts ...
markski
what is taking so long with your tilton clutch?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
what is taking so long with your tilton clutch?
its not the tilton... its ready.. my car is at protomotive awaiting a retune...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
what other changes are you making besides the tilton clutch?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute

Marski
How long did your ATS carbon clutch set lasted?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Marski
How long did your ATS carbon clutch set lasted?
well it it's great clutch. I actually had a custom version with a coated floaters and a 1350 Kg pressure plate. The problem is the 1/4 launching. It simply would not hold 800+ rwhp. However , Scott has the same one and had no issue. We got some 1.5 60ft. On a few attempts.
In any even. It's a clutch would keep had I not been trying to run 9s.
Mark

click to view

Old 09-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by dk996tt
what other changes are you making besides the tilton clutch?
changed leaking dvs, fixed a few more boost leaks on the turbo housing etc.
The biggest issue was the clutch. It getting retuned as well
Mark

click to view

Old 09-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
ATS will be releasing an all carbon clutch in the future, but from rumors I have heard it may be more expensive than the Tilton. For street cars the ATS is great, for those of us looking to push boundries and/or drag race the clutch frequently the Tilton is the way to go. We will be installing one in the silver car once we drop the engine and swap turbos.

On that note the UPS dropped off a few more parts.

AWE Straight Pipes (thanks Mike!)

60lb RC Injectors

We're waiting on a few parts before continuing with our first stage of power upgrades but hope to have those complete in the next few weeks.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Those straight pipes will shave almost 50 lb compared to the stock muffler/exhaust tip assembly. They weigh 8 lb 2 0z the pair.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Those straight pipes will shave almost 50 lb compared to the stock muffler/exhaust tip assembly. They weigh 8 lb 2 0z the pair.
We'll find out for sure once she goes on the scales The next round of mods should shave a ton of weight.

-Remove Clutch Accumulator
-Install Tilton Clutch Assembly
-Install Straight Pipes
-Lightweight Battery
-lightweight GT3 or equivalent racing seats *pending*

That and a few lighter body pieces such as the wing and a carbon hood should shave a few pounds while still keeping the car relatively street able.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Note any clutch is rebuildable/replaceable, but typically the Tilton rebuild's are very cheap. Average rebuild is $450 and that's afer you've beaten the heck out of it.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
ATS will be releasing an all carbon clutch in the future, but from rumors I have heard it may be more expensive than the Tilton. For street cars the ATS is great, for those of us looking to push boundries and/or drag race the clutch frequently the Tilton is the way to go. We will be installing one in the silver car once we drop the engine and swap turbos.

On that note the UPS dropped off a few more parts.

AWE Straight Pipes (thanks Mike!)

My pleasure. Enjoy!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Hey, I couldn't find any info about these AWE straightpipes on their website. Mike, do you have a link/vidclip of these in action?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
revengerocket is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by onelove
More news on Monday, we're finalizing an improved GT series bolt-on turbo kit, I think many will be suprised when it's announced.
It's Wednesday, any news?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by revengerocket
It's Wednesday, any news?
Vegas Supra meet starts tomorrow so we're backed up a few days. I'll give details

Titan Motorsports / AFI New and Improved bolt-on GT turbo kit. The kits we have access to thanks to a new-found relationship, and will plan to keep 1-2 in stock, as well as test the kit on the silver car after we get done with the K24/18G testing. Right now we're working with working with some of our turbo manufactures who build custom turbos for our ProRWD car to see if we can't get a compressor map and turbo that works well for big power on the stock 996 engine. I'll post full details once we get that figured out . I should have more fun updates next week, with the silver car going under the knife the following week.

New best times @ 1.2bar in yellow car ( I need to check and make sure I have enough injector and then turn the boost up)

Best ET : 11.44 @ 122
Best MPH : 123.85
Best 60' : 1.68

I'm starting to get the hang of the car, if I can make all my bests happen on one pass it should go a low 11, high 10. Cool weather can't come soon enough to FL.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Wow Wes, whats the yellow car have on it? Stock K24? Great time. Looking forward to hearing about this new package you're marketing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread