996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Wow Wes, whats the yellow car have on it? Stock K24? Great time. Looking forward to hearing about this new package you're marketing.
K24/18G / 5Bar and Profec B. I've got it set at 1.1-1.2bar on the dash, need to turn it up for MS109 but want to do it on the dyno so that I can see what the injector duty cycle is with the stock injectors at higher boost. I may just leave it as it is and work on my short times a bit and do further testing on the silver car with the additional fuel. The car as it sits has a 11.1-11.2 in it, and likely a 10 when colder weather gets here, just have to get the 60' to stay down and hit all my shifts.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porscheboy16
Hey, I couldn't find any info about these AWE straightpipes on their website. Mike, do you have a link/vidclip of these in action?
I'm sorry, I don't. These are just something we keep around in case anyone happens to ask. We don't publically advertise them.

I can attest that they are LOUD.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
My pleasure. Enjoy!
Sorry for the thread hijack, but Mike; are they 3"?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about777vegasviper has a spectacular aura about
Nero
if you are reading this, it was a pleasure meeting you in Vegas on Friday @ the test n tune. Still working out the tune bugs on the Viper. Here is a link to the seats i have in the Viper, I bought the full carbon seats. www.tillett.co.uk
I am keeping my eye on this thread, now that the car is nearly done I have to look down the road as to what is next, it's either a 996 TT or a gallardo (to be tt'd).

Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Man I wish I would have made it to Vegas this weekend. I know Duy and Tommy Bahn went from Houston. I guess I'll have to meet everyone at TX2K9. Which hopefully should be full of 996's

Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
TX2K9 should be especially fun, hopefully it's close to the mile so we can do both in the same trip with the rig.

The car likely won't get worked on until next week, we had a local AWD dyno put the car on the rollers and the differential broke (they likely didn't lock the rollers). A forum member is going to be shipping us a new one one but until it arrives the car is on hold. I'm hoping that by next week the diff will arrive and the turbos so we can get one more K16 track session with the silver car and then finish stage 1.

I'll be at the track Wednesday if the weather permits for some more testing in the yellow car.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Raw
Is there any reason you guys didn't choose to go with rwd opposed to awd?
The car will be built for various uses, and as a test bed. For some events it will be AWD, some events it will be RWD. Many of our customers have 996TT or GT2 so we want to make sure everything works for both as it's easily reversible.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wes coming along man, can't wait to see more

Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 AM
tursibo996 is infamous around these parts
I've got an 01' Turbo with K24s on now and am interested to see what you guys have coming after that. I've been trying to talk Dwight into fabbing up something for my car for a while, but they are too busy and I cant take too much down-time. HeHe! Keep it coming guys.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tursibo996
I've got an 01' Turbo with K24s on now and am interested to see what you guys have coming after that. I've been trying to talk Dwight into fabbing up something for my car for a while, but they are too busy and I cant take too much down-time. HeHe! Keep it coming guys.
Let me know what you're looking to do and I'm sure that we can accommodate your needs. Right now we've got K24/18Gs on the way, and the capability of bolting any Garrett turbo up to a Gt30 with out kit. ECU tuning is readily available as well from a number of tuners, or in the future we will have a Motec Plug and Play just as we do in the Supra for those who want ultimate control.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor
It's been a few days since our last update. I finally got some pictures of our front diff explosion (we normally dyno RWD, however we sent the car to a local AWD dyno who improperly hooked the car up, the results speak for themselves). We received a replacement diff today that we bought off the forums to and the car is back running. Another track session or two and she'll get some much needed upgrade, more to come.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
ouuuch...

i hope they're taking responsibility for that one!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Paint arrived today.....

If you're going to do something crazy, might as well be fully committed rather than just wrap it Hoping to paint her later this week if all goes as planned. I'll have a time-lapse video to go along with it as it's a nice DIY project.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:28 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Camo paint on the Turbo?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TXGold
Camo paint on the Turbo?
Silver is too plain for me. Camo Paint / Black HRE Monoblocks for the street. We got a GT2 front end as well, just waiting on the supporting pieces to go with it.

Last edited by onelove; 10-27-2008 at 02:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread