996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Yeah Buddy!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
subscribed. Very interested in the progress.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
I'm at SEMA this week shopping for more parts for the project and our customers. Hope to post new findings at the show soon. The guys are still at the office processing orders, so don't worry all parts are still going out on time

Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 PM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Very nice porject. Awesome!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned
4CEFED is infamous around these parts
This looks to be very interesting! Can't wait to see where you go with it.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
While we're away at Sema I've also got the car being prepped for it's Krylon bomb job, which should get completed the Tuesday after I return. Then the K24/18Gs go on and we start beating on the old girl a bit.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !

I Just returned from the SEMA show to find a good bit of progress to our Porsche Project. We are fortunate enough to have a small body shop located behind us called Pars Autobody. While I was away at the show they handled the wet-sanding, prepping, and painting of the door jams on the car. If all goes as plan she’ll get a nice coat of olive drab camouflage tomorrow night.

More pictures available online at our blog.
Green is Good

Last edited by onelove; 11-10-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Daz - Porker is infamous around these parts
Any update yet

Old 11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
subscribed !

Old 11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor
I had a busier schedule than I thought this month with SEMA and then Red Bull Drifting Championship this week. Porsche unfortunately got pushed to the back-burner but I did give her a nice coat of paint. Hopefully some of the front end parts I'm waiting on arrive this week so I can finish her paintjob and get onto the rest of the upgrades. Here's a teaser, full thread to come once I get the job done. May have to put the stock TT front end on this week and paint it if my GT2 conversion parts don't arrive in time for an event I have coming up this weekend.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:45 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Freaking sweet.

What are ya'll going to clear coat the car with? After the suttle hint of your plans, I went to the local Ace Hardware and picked up the same spray paint. After about 6 hours of prepping my stock rims I sprayed them flat black. The alignment machine I used recently left small scratches on the rims and it was a reminder that this paint probably isn't very durable. Any tips? Looking for something that will put a hard coat over the paint without adding a shine to the matte paint.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor
No clear, looking for that matte look. If it gets scratched up..... I'll just hit it with a quick coverup spray in that area

Old 11-18-2008, 02:53 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
Great progress so far. Learning as I go!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Wes That car is going to look KILLER!! Your definitely going to turn LOTS of heads!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor

After a few crazy weeks of traveling, we finally got the Porsche paint job completed. 4-5 hours in the paint booth behind our shop, probably 15-20 cans of Krylon camouflage and enough fumes going to my brain that I’ll be high for weeks. Overall I am very happy with the end results, and the opinions of those who have seen the car have been 50/50. It’s a love hate relationship but that’s exactly what I wanted to achieve and either way it draws 100 times more attention than the factory silver. No worries about resale, scratched or damage. The car will get used and abused to it's fullest, the way it was designed to be driven.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Titan Motorsports Project 996TT Official Build Thread