996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Yeah those 20G compressor wheels look big compared to my 18G's:

18G Compressor wheel:

Your 20G compressor wheel:

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Tim,

Congrats on the new turbos! I can't wait to hear your impressions.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Tim,

Glad to see you picked a good route on the turbos. You can't go wrong with that setup.

I talked to my turbo guy today and he was laughing with me cause he's never seen a turbo torn up like mine. Had to explain how it all happened. I get mine back next week hopefully!! I'm redoing all my turbo oil lines with braided hoses to make it easier to remove and reinstall. I'll get some pictures up for ya if your interested in it. I know jags.has it done but we also thought about doing it when we first did the install.

-Chris from the iPhone cause comcast does not care about friendswood!!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:15 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sid350
Yeah those 20G compressor wheels look big compared to my 18G's:

18G Compressor wheel:

Your 20G compressor wheel:
thanks for posting the pix of the 18g.. how does the hot side compare?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:22 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Chris
yes your turbo was screwed it looked like the prop on my boat when i hit the sunken island on our lake.... yeah lets see some pics of the braided line.. i know this will not be the last time i switch out those turbos what are you doing for an intake system maf inlet pipes to the turbos etc??
tim

Originally Posted by Powell
Tim,

Glad to see you picked a good route on the turbos. You can't go wrong with that setup.

I talked to my turbo guy today and he was laughing with me cause he's never seen a turbo torn up like mine. Had to explain how it all happened. I get mine back next week hopefully!! I'm redoing all my turbo oil lines with braided hoses to make it easier to remove and reinstall. I'll get some pictures up for ya if your interested in it. I know jags.has it done but we also thought about doing it when we first did the install.

-Chris from the iPhone cause comcast does not care about friendswood!!

Old 09-20-2008, 04:26 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Question

Originally Posted by colorinc
Woooohoooo... should have them installed next week along with s-car-go headers(thanks for the headers drjitsu)... ok so i know i am going to get asked this, i love the 18g's but was looking for more boost on the top end .. the 18g's seem to run out of steam at 1.35 bar around 5700 RPM

tim

here is the link to the pix
http://picasaweb.google.com/carsandc...0gAndStockK16#

Congrat! I wonder what other parts did you got? Such as bigger injector, secondary fuel pu
mp, new y pipe, new maf, larger intercooler, and Porto's cone type intake system?

Last edited by S4corrado996TT; 09-20-2008 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
Congrat! I wonder what other parts did you got? Such as bigger injector, secondary fuel pu
mp, new y pipe, new maf, larger intercooler, and Porto's cone type intake system?
this time im only putting on s-car-go headers and the bigger turbos... i already have the bigger fuel injectors and programming

Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Colorinc,

Very anxious to hear your impressions as I have been contemplating this for some
time. For me it is turbos (make my 18's into 20's) and a program I have already paid for so maybe I should just
do it??

MK

Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
If you're wanting us to talk you into it I don't think that would be a problem lol.

DO IT!!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Colorinc,

Very anxious to hear your impressions as I have been contemplating this for some
time. For me it is turbos (make my 18's into 20's) and a program I have already paid for so maybe I should just
do it??

MK
hey marty
Just pull the trigger......
They are going in this afternoon soon as I get done mowing the lawn

Old 09-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by colorinc
this time im only putting on s-car-go headers and the bigger turbos... i already have the bigger fuel injectors and programming
Shouldn't u get fuel system , bigger coolers, bigger maf....etc to get the advantage of the 20g's?

Old 09-20-2008, 03:17 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
he has all that bro lookat his sig proto 700 comes with mentioned. plus a built motor.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:45 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
yea it only makes sense to get 20g instead of 18g if you have fuel upgrades of the 700 kit. He has engine upgrades as well so he can crank the boost on it and enjoy it...

Old 09-20-2008, 04:08 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
no it only makes sence if your going run race gas alot . with the 700 you need the fuel system regardless. if you don plan on running the good stuff .. yiu best bet is to stay with the 18gs.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:17 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
^^Why is this M3

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today