996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by madduc
Why is everybody wanting a piece of me? Looks like next time we meet the outcome will be different. Hope we can run before the snow comes.
I guess they feel you're a very worthy opponent...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
what do you have done to your car??

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
seimens deka 60lb. injectors.

as for the fuel upgrade , stock injectors with 5 bar FPR will do the trick on the 650 kits .after that you put in the bigger injectors and use the stock FPR. and secondary fuel pump. even with the 650 i would still do the injectors instead of the fpr a bit more pricy but worth the extra peice of mind imo.
Does someone offer an aftermarket fuel rail inorder to utilize the 2nd pump? And also the seimens injectors, do they drop into the stock rail, or are they domestic style (Top Feed/Low IMP) injectors?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
VNT , im right near the maryland line if you ever wanna hook up and get some runs in or you want to drive my car .
I appreciate that, I'm in the market for a 996TT at the moment. I have one in mind that I plan to pickup; i'm just trying to build a list on what I have in mind for the future as far as mods and what would be require to attain the hp levels I want (20G/K24, GIAC, Fuel and whatnot)?

Last edited by k-ore; 09-26-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
madduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DMaffo
what do you have done to your car??
My car?? It's a 97 GTS with 70mm throttle bodies, ROE blower with a 8lb pulley, Jesel 1.7 rockers, B&B headers, Random Tech cat -back with no cats, W/M, VEC 3. Last dyno made 660hp and 680 trq.
As for "pickin on me", it's all in fun. Had a good friend with a sick 69 camaro that runs 9.5's at the track called me out on the street. He tried three times but lost each time. He couldn't get traction. Just this past weekend it was re-match time. He had new drag tires, and had his"crew" spray down VHT for him. After he aborted two runs, one not 'enough' traction and another he picked "R" for race(whoops!) he finally got me by one car lenght. So with colorinc's upgrades I fully expect I'll get to see his tail-lights this time, it's all fun!!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Does someone offer an aftermarket fuel rail inorder to utilize the 2nd pump? And also the seimens injectors, do they drop into the stock rail, or are they domestic style (Top Feed/Low IMP) injectors?
depending on the tuner , they do offer fuel rails . you dont need fuel rails to run the 2nd pump. they offer the injectors with adaptors that utilize the stock fuel rail.

well , if your trying to figure out what power levels you want from your 996, im sure driving my car would help you make up your mind.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Madduc,

Your set-up is almost identical to a very good friend of mine
98 GTS Coupe+ Roe S/C, heads, etc and now runs on E-85 with the help of an enourmous fuel pump and injectors. It ran 10.86 @ 133 mph before heads and E85. Very nice strong runner!!

MK

Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by madduc
My car?? It's a 97 GTS with 70mm throttle bodies, ROE blower with a 8lb pulley, Jesel 1.7 rockers, B&B headers, Random Tech cat -back with no cats, W/M, VEC 3. Last dyno made 660hp and 680 trq.
As for "pickin on me", it's all in fun. Had a good friend with a sick 69 camaro that runs 9.5's at the track called me out on the street. He tried three times but lost each time. He couldn't get traction. Just this past weekend it was re-match time. He had new drag tires, and had his"crew" spray down VHT for him. After he aborted two runs, one not 'enough' traction and another he picked "R" for race(whoops!) he finally got me by one car lenght. So with colorinc's upgrades I fully expect I'll get to see his tail-lights this time, it's all fun!!
I don't know about that Joe your viper is insanely fast!!! are you going to be at Dawgs tonite?? ill let you know how my project is coming

tim

Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM
madduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the roughmadduc is a jewel in the rough
Will be at Dawgs later tonight. Some of the group will be down at Martin for test & tune tonight so I'm going down to watch. See ya tonight or tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:55 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
would be a godo run colorinc do the rest as we discussed C16 and 1.3 bar with the 20gs.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
How much do Vipers weigh?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
k24/20g's, blown 6 intercoolers, 60lb siemens, additional fuel pump and either a protomotive tune or tony@epl programming with an ats carbon clutch should meet your goals val..

Originally Posted by vntperformance
I appreciate that, I'm in the market for a 996TT at the moment. I have one in mind that I plan to pickup; i'm just trying to build a list on what I have in mind for the future as far as mods and what would be require to attain the hp levels I want (20G/K24, GIAC, Fuel and whatnot)?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:25 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chidoks
k24/20g's, blown 6 intercoolers, 60lb siemens, additional fuel pump and either a protomotive tune or tony@epl programming with an ats carbon clutch should meet your goals val..
you cannot run 24/20g's with the stock turbo air inlet pipes they are to restrictive and the turbos stall out... put this on the list if your are going to use the 20g's

Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by colorinc
you cannot run 24/20g's with the stock turbo air inlet pipes they are to restrictive and the turbos stall out... put this on the list if your are going to use the 20g's
I'll probably have custom ceramic coated pipes made by Mandrel Bent Solutions.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
How much do Vipers weigh?
With me in it,3800

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today