996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by colorinc
you cannot run 24/20g's with the stock turbo air inlet pipes they are to restrictive and the turbos stall out... put this on the list if your are going to use the 20g's
Do u tested the 20's yet?

Old 09-27-2008, 07:21 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Do u tested the 20's yet?
yes, had them on for about 3 hours for testing

Old 09-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
The best fuel at mid mich is 112. http://www.midmichmotorplex.com/trackinfo.html
Will look for someplace to get c16 or something comparable next week.
Might just try some runs w/ my neighbor on the 112 for a baseline at tomorrows test and tune.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
yes, had them on for about 3 hours for testing

How it is ran?...will u raced the SC viper?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
as with any upgrade, there's going to be fine tuning in order to get everything you want out of a tune. give colorinc a few weeks and the car will kill anything.... right now it's getting the car dialed in. this is a BIG power car, and the slightest thing can cause it to make plue (or minus) 100 WHP at this point.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Deam I want the results I am also putting my K24/20 s (from protomotive) tomorrow on.... Also changing the turbos intake to the Protomotive style in the Ic area and FORD MAF... 60 lb inyectors and extra pump also

Old 09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
as with any upgrade, there's going to be fine tuning in order to get everything you want out of a tune. give colorinc a few weeks and the car will kill anything.... right now it's getting the car dialed in. this is a BIG power car, and the slightest thing can cause it to make plue (or minus) 100 WHP at this point.
true true!!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by contigo
Deam I want the results I am also putting my K24/20 s (from protomotive) tomorrow on.... Also changing the turbos intake to the Protomotive style in the Ic area and FORD MAF... 60 lb inyectors and extra pump also
this should work great!!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
this should work great!!
Think you will have results for us first and you can tell us the comparison vs 18s.... I am going from std K24 to the 20gs..

Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
this time im only putting on s-car-go headers and the bigger turbos... i already have the bigger fuel injectors and programming

Hey Colorinc! For 24/20g I wonder what is max boost level you set in boost controller? Right now I only set max boost 1.1bar since I only have turbo, FPR, DV, and k24/18g's Chip and have not upgrade bigger injector and fuel pump. Thanks!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
hector mestre is infamous around these parts
Hi Colorinc: What Program Are You Usingin Your Computer.?
What I Mean Who Made It .?
I Have Giac In 996 Tt With 600 Hp Evoms K 24 Turbos And I Can Only Make 1.2 Bar.i Chaged To Evoms Sit And The Car Slow Down And Makes Only 1.1
What Could Your Advise Be You Seem To Know About This Things
Thank You

Old 10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by hector mestre
Hi Colorinc: What Program Are You Usingin Your Computer.?
What I Mean Who Made It .?
I Have Giac In 996 Tt With 600 Hp Evoms K 24 Turbos And I Can Only Make 1.2 Bar.i Chaged To Evoms Sit And The Car Slow Down And Makes Only 1.1
What Could Your Advise Be You Seem To Know About This Things
Thank You
pm sent

Old 10-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned
With K24/20g's he can can boost it up until 1.5bar ( with intake system proto coolers , injectors , twin pump....etc )

Cant wait for the reviews on 20's!!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
With K24/20g's he can can boost it up until 1.5bar ( with intake system proto coolers , injectors , twin pump....etc )

Cant wait for the reviews on 20's!!
um yeah if you wanna blow it up sure. in addition to the full setup YOU NEED C 16 to run high boost and 1.5 is pushing it on a stock motor.

on pump you cant really run more then 1 bar. and ill say this again... if your not planing on running race gas in her in order to crank the boost up , the 18 g is a better setup for you. the 20 shine on high boost and race gas.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I plan on running 1.5bar on my GT3076/K24 which is a bigger turbo. I'll see what the stock lines can support. I plan on swapping out to 72lb injectors and EVO Intake pipes.

I will probably be using C16 because I have a set of AWE straight pipes coming for the track.

Also on a side note I run 17psi on pump gas, have been for the last 6 months. As long as your a/f is good your fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today