996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today***PIX ADDED***

Woooohoooo... should have them installed next week along with s-car-go headers(thanks for the headers drjitsu)... ok so i know i am going to get asked this, i love the 18g's but was looking for more boost on the top end .. the 18g's seem to run out of steam at 1.35 bar around 5700 RPM

tim

here is the link to the pix
http://picasaweb.google.com/carsandc...0gAndStockK16#

Last edited by colorinc; 09-19-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: pix
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
brain police is infamous around these parts
Congrats

Congratulations Colorinc. Out of curiosity, are you interested in parting with the K18g/24's? Approx how many hours do you have on them? I have stock turbos and was thinking of stepping up to the 18g/24 with 5-bar FPR. I can't wait to hear back on your feelings about the new turbos.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brain police
Congratulations Colorinc. Out of curiosity, are you interested in parting with the K18g/24's? Approx how many hours do you have on them? I have stock turbos and was thinking of stepping up to the 18g/24 with 5-bar FPR. I can't wait to hear back on your feelings about the new turbos.
sorry man the 18g's are already spoken for call todd at protomotive he has some.. you will love the 18's !! i cant wait to get them on i have a blown viper to kill

tim

Old 09-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Let us 18g guys know what you think of the upgrade to 20's. More or less lag? A bigger hit when they come on?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
+1. Very interested in hearing your thoughts on the new 20g's, and how they compare to the 18g's.

Please keep us posted, and good luck!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Easy there Adam.......your 24/18's aren't even broken in yet! Hell.....you already broke 7 seconds, watch that slippery slope my man as it is lined with old $1000 bills!!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Post some pics... I'd like to see how those 20G compressor wheels look in that housing. Any major change to your tune besides boost?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Tim,

Awesome I am also very interested since I seriously considered 24/20's before going the GT 30 route.

Did Todd have Blouch turbo build them?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
love to know how they perform compared to the 18g's...

Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by colorinc
sorry man the 18g's are already spoken for call todd at protomotive he has some.. you will love the 18's !! i cant wait to get them on i have a blown viper to kill

tim
LOL........

Should I keep my mouth shut?? I know he's running a 8lb pulley right now... but he has the 10lb just sitting on his work bench.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
hey guys
Fedex just droped them off I'll post pics tonight... Yes Todd sent them out to blouch to do the 20g mod.. They are also fitted with the new 1 bar accuators with the updated solid rod... Phillym5 goto joes house and swap out that 10lb pully with a 6 keep this on the dl u going to be a dawgs tonight??

Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Congratulations!!!

Let us know how the 20g's will ran!!

Old 09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
My 18s should be done soon and I'm already thinking 20s. Yes, I know....it's a sickness. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM
*** Pix**

here are some pix (comments have the discription)...

http://picasaweb.google.com/carsandc...0gAndStockK16#

Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by $manager
Easy there Adam.......your 24/18's aren't even broken in yet! Hell.....you already broke 7 seconds, watch that slippery slope my man as it is lined with old $1000 bills!!!!!
HAHAHA!! You're so right, though. I can't help myself...the thought of GT30's just keep crossing my mind. I'm eagerly awaiting Jitsu's and Tim's results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive Shipped my K24/20g's today