996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need source for slotted rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 07:52 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Need source for slotted rotors

I upgraded my brakes to Big Yellows with 6 piston front calipers and 350mm discs at all corners. My new discs are already starting to make small cracks at the drilled holes, so I need to find some slotted rotors to replace the fronts. Backs are OK as is. Anyone know the best place to buy them?

Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Frozen rotors started to make their slotted rotors.
http://www.frozenrotors.com/search/i...lectedIndex=15
http://www.frozenrotors.com/store/2373%20FZR%20SL

360 each for the fronts. I don't think they make the slotted versions for the rear though.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:20 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
According to their charts, they have nothing that fits my needs.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Larry, When you come down, take one of my junk rotors and send it off to Coleman and have some customs made... It's sitting on a bench with your name on it.

Mike

Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
mglamarche is infamous around these parts
Larry,

Do you need one or two-piece rotors?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Mike, that may be my best option. Is it a 350mm front disc?

2 piece slotted rotors are what I'm looking for.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
are slotted better then cross drilled factory type rotors? I thought the cross drilled were the best

Old 09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Larry,

Check this link out. good Luck!

Michael

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2050854

Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...h-fiction.html

For less than $1000 you can have 350mm rotors in two piece slotted, floating or rigid mount and Coleman will make them in any type of ventilation you want...Once you get the hats made, your replacement rotor/hardware will run about $400 for everthing, both fronts...Michael, What was your total cost for your setup? I'm posting your link in the thread listed above so others will have it...

Mine have lasted me for 15 trackdays and were used by a member on rennlist for a couple track days as well.

I haven't found anything more cost effective, especially for longevity and tracking!

Mike

Old 09-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Two Piece 350mm Steel Rotors to Replace PCCB

Mike,
Cam at Maltby Motorsports had my Gen 1 ceramic rotors blueprinted at a CAD shop, then had the steel cup rotors machined from the CAD info. From there, he mounted the hats from the old ceramic rotors, to the new slotted steel cup rotors, using the same, but modified hardware. I have 8K miles on the rotors and Pagid yellow pads. This is my second season with them. I guestimate that I have 4K miles track miles on the new set and feel no ridge at the outer portion of the rotors and see minimal wear. I believe I paid approx. $1,500 for both (before Wash. State tax) and now that he has the blueprint, I imagine he would charge less. This guy is a MacGyver and seems to be able to make any part the Porsche Club guys need. I am preparing to a write-up explaining my process and have photos to go with it, so if you want to see the photos ahead of that, let me know.

Michael

Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Michael, Please send them to me at dat74z@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Mike

Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Photos of Replacement 350mm Steel Rotors for 996 Turbo

Mike,

I'm at the office and will send the photos to you this evening from my home. I am hoping to get things together, along with costs, before the end of the week to share with the others.

Michael

Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Photos of Steel Cup Rotors

Mike,

Check your in-box for the photos. I'll post these and others with an explanation of what , when and how, soon.

Michael

Old 09-23-2008, 04:07 AM
Got em!

Thanks Much!
Mike

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 AM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
Why not go for the Performance Friction discs? works superb!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need source for slotted rotors