996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2002 GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
Thanks everyone! I am being really really careful at this time. Read too many horror stories! I haven't really got on it in 1st but felt ok in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Actually, car felt safer than what I have read, but then I haven't driven it through the canyons. Bodybag: I will pm for a drive.

Originally Posted by Bodybag
Nice car! Looks great with the Black wheels. I'm guessing from your avatar that you are migrating from a 996TT. All I can say if that is the case, is work your way up to speed in the GT2 carefully. The GT2 is a completely different car in terms of control and it will bite you very quickly if you are not 100% alert during 'spirited' driving... I know from experience

By the way, I'm in Brea. If you ever decide to head down to Cars and Coffee or just want to do a weekend drive shoot me a PM and we'll hook up.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
LOL Wow! How did you tell? Will take more pics soon.
Originally Posted by johns930
u know u just cant take a cell pic of the car!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
But......

Originally Posted by dk996tt
Congrats! You will love it.

With a Switzer tune it could run 600WHP in a matter of HOURS.....

Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes, I have read your post a few months ago. Your story is one of the reason I am being very careful. I keep telling myself, feel it, feel it, feel the car, be the car, it not an AWD so don't point and shoot!

did u read my story?? :

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...upid-post.html

just when u think u can relax, the car will surprise u with its super powers. Even in semi-attack mode, make sure u never relax. If u sneeze, the car will change 2 lanes on you going straight!
But once u drive it like u stole it and being an super reckless a$$, this car will start to make sense.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
HUGE congrats, car looks great. The car isn't as scary as people say it is, I ring the thing out (granted i'm not on stock suspension) even the stock components are decent after a GREAT corner balance and alignment, I highly suggest you get that done ASAP, then enjoy, it will give much needed confidence in the car having it properly setup!

Enjoy it in the best of health.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Yes, I will do that sooooon! It's weird that you post this! I felt my car pulled left when I accelerate and drift right when I let off the gas. I think I was compensating for the pull when accelerating and over compensated once I let off the gas.

Originally Posted by iLLM3
HUGE congrats, car looks great. The car isn't as scary as people say it is, I ring the thing out (granted i'm not on stock suspension) even the stock components are decent after a GREAT corner balance and alignment, I highly suggest you get that done ASAP, then enjoy, it will give much needed confidence in the car having it properly setup!

Enjoy it in the best of health.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MotorsportsR
... I felt my car pulled left when I accelerate and drift right when I let off the gas. I think I was compensating for the pull when accelerating and over compensated once I let off the gas.
I don't think that's something you are compensating for. My car does the EXACT SAME THING. When in a slight RH or LH corner under throttle it feels like it wants to straighten out, but as soon as you let off the gas it tends to turn in. It's a characteristic of the GT2's factory setup I think. My car has been corner balanced and aligned 2 different times and still does the same thing. After a while you will get used to it and even be able to use it to your advantage.

...just when u think u can relax, the car will surprise u with its super powers. Even in semi-attack mode, make sure u never relax. If u sneeze, the car will change 2 lanes on you going straight!
But once u drive it like u stole it and being an super reckless a$$, this car will start to make sense.
This is dead on. The car is not evil, it just requires 100% focus when you start driving at any level above simple commuting. When you drive it like a maniac and are ready for it you rarely get surprised by what it does.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Gt2

... I felt my car pulled left when I accelerate and drift right when I let off the gas. I think I was compensating for the pull when accelerating and over compensated once I let off the gas.
"I don't think that's something you are compensating for. My car does the EXACT SAME THING. When in a slight RH or LH corner under throttle it feels like it wants to straighten out, but as soon as you let off the gas it tends to turn in. It's a characteristic of the GT2's factory setup I think."

>> I encountered this problem at one time. It turned out to be low tire pressure on one of my tires. Provided that you have a proper alignment done, you might check that out. GT2's are great but as others had said, very sensitive to suspension related issues. Welcome to the 2 club.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:54 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Yes, I will do that sooooon! It's weird that you post this! I felt my car pulled left when I accelerate and drift right when I let off the gas. I think I was compensating for the pull when accelerating and over compensated once I let off the gas.
UMM that's not normal, but can be several things attributing to it doing that.

You and Bodybag should check your LSD's, prop it up and see if both wheels spin, if not your factory LSD's are shot, and people have mentioned similar feelings from that!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I will check the tire pressure but I think the installer gave me the wrong valve stems. Valve stems are in the middle of the rim.
Originally Posted by NelsonF
... >> I encountered this problem at one time. It turned out to be low tire pressure on one of my tires. Provided that you have a proper alignment done, you might check that out. GT2's are great but as others had said, very sensitive to suspension related issues. Welcome to the 2 club.
Damn I will need to check the LSD before the certified warranty runs out.

Originally Posted by iLLM3
UMM that's not normal, but can be several things attributing to it doing that.
You and Bodybag should check your LSD's, prop it up and see if both wheels spin, if not your factory LSD's are shot, and people have mentioned similar feelings from that!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
After 8 months of searching, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2002 GT2. Should have driven it back to the dealer after todays market!

Congrats on the new purchase!!

Feel free to stop by the shop sometime..

Weve done a few GT2's ........... Its become somewhat of a specialty over the years..

You can see all the project cars at:

http://gmgracing.com/projects.shtml

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 10-03-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
i love that white gt2

Old 10-03-2008, 07:47 PM
You are near GMG? Please take it to them to have them sort it out, I wish I lived near GMG, would be the only home and shop for my car, they KNOW what they are doing, a handful of people know how to setup these GT cars!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
NelsonF thanks for your suggestion. My left rear tire pressure was low by about 10psi. I can't believe this car is so sensative to tire pressure. I filled it up but now the RR is slightly low! I can't get the air nozzle to the valve stems.

Originally Posted by NelsonF
>> I encountered this problem at one time. It turned out to be low tire pressure on one of my tires. Provided that you have a proper alignment done, you might check that out. GT2's are great but as others had said, very sensitive to suspension related issues. Welcome to the 2 club.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 PM
You have all that weight of the motor in the rear bud, it will make a difference for sure, unfortunately! These cars suck to setup properly and never feel "quite there or right" :/ But when it's on point you will know!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger on a 2002 GT2