996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New GIAC/Hitachi MAF conversion kit for 996TT applications is coming soon!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
New GIAC/Hitachi MAF conversion kit for 996TT applications is coming soon!

Over the next two weeks, GIAC will be releasing a MAF conversion kit for 996TT applications. GIAC has been selling specialized Hitachi MAF-compatible software since 2003 with distribution for applications limited to tuners that sell compatible Hitachi MAF hardware. GIAC has created Hitachi MAF-compatible software calibrations for Audi Porsche and BMW applications. We will soon have this special software for the 996TT application available through all GIAC authorized dealers with the introduction of the GIAC-produced MAF housing component. The kit includes GIAC performance software, GIAC MAF housing and a proven Hitachi electronic element. The GIAC MAF kit is compatible with the stock air box and any intake with a stock diameter pipe. The following software options will be available:

* 700HP software tuned for GT28 series turbos, 60 pound injectors, and upgraded fuel pump and intercoolers.
* K16 software
* K24 software
* Other applications are still under consideration.

Current GIAC software customers will be able to purchase the complete Hitachi MAF conversion kit for a special rate. Check in with your local GIAC authorized dealer in the coming weeks for updates.

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 09-30-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
What would it cost for the GT800 program for GT3076/K24 hybrid turbos?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Hi Powell,

GT 30's are definitely a platform that we have and could support, but I do not have a price as of yet. It is in fact a platform that we have done some recent custom work for and will most likely include in our product offering. I will definitely keep you updated.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
WhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to beholdWhiteKnight is a splendid one to behold
What are the benefits of Hitachi MAF over the OEM MAF?

Thanks
Emre

Old 09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Personally, I would be very weary about running any of GIAC's latest releases. In my opinion they lack real world testing; I would consider what they do as trial and error.

(I had one of their first sg650 and sg700 files)

Just my personal opinion, take it for what its worth.

Edit: Also Andrew, did you ever get that pm regarding reselling all the software I purchased in the past?

Last edited by NineNineSixTT; 09-30-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:44 PM
ronkain is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Personally, I would be very weary about running any of GIAC's latest releases. In my opinion they lack real world testing; I would consider what they do as trial and error.

(I had one of their first sg650 and sg700 files)

Just my personal opinion, take it for what its worth.

Edit: Also Andrew, did you ever get that pm regarding reselling all the software I purchased in the past?
Maybe you should be bashing Speed Gallery, that is their hardware and support.
GIAC will do what it takes to make software that stands out above the rest. They are a class act. IMHO.

My IPB800 is very smooth when driving normal and great transition and all hell breaks loose when you floor it.

Just finished IPB800 with Hitachi MAF

Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Question Maf

I just blew #8 Bosch MAF this past weekend. Will there be a tune for the
Stage IV 640GT? And if I upgrade my fuel system to GT700 will the software
be able to be reprogrammed?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ronkain
Maybe you should be bashing Speed Gallery, that is their hardware and support.
GIAC will do what it takes to make software that stands out above the rest. They are a class act. IMHO.

My IPB800 is very smooth when driving normal and great transition and all hell breaks loose when you floor it.

This is not bashing, this is just my personal experience.

GIAC does the tuning, plain and simple. Also GIAC had their chance to make things right, and chose not to.

What I don't want to do is fill up GIAC's thread with this back-and-forth agruement regarding our individual experiences. Thus, I won't make any further replies to you, ronkain.

Best wishes for you and your setup.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ronkain
...My IPB800 is very smooth when driving normal and great transition and all hell breaks loose when you floor it.

What's an IPB800?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:33 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
High Altitude tune capable?

Originally Posted by Andrew@GIAC
Over the next two weeks, GIAC will be releasing a MAF conversion kit for 996TT applications. GIAC has been selling specialized Hitachi MAF-compatible software since 2003 with distribution for applications limited to tuners that sell compatible Hitachi MAF hardware. GIAC has created Hitachi MAF-compatible software calibrations for Audi Porsche and BMW applications. We will soon have this special software for the 996TT application available through all GIAC authorized dealers with the introduction of the GIAC-produced MAF housing component. The kit includes GIAC performance software, GIAC MAF housing and a proven Hitachi electronic element. The GIAC MAF kit is compatible with the stock air box and any intake with a stock diameter pipe. The following software options will be available:

* 700HP software tuned for GT28 series turbos, 60 pound injectors, and upgraded fuel pump and intercoolers.
* K16 software
* K24 software
* Other applications are still under consideration.

Current GIAC software customers will be able to purchase the complete Hitachi MAF conversion kit for a special rate. Check in with your local GIAC authorized dealer in the coming weeks for updates.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Good Question D33P

Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 AM
mglamarche is infamous around these parts
Andrew,
I would like to acknowledge you here in the Forum, for the considerable time you have spent with me these last few days, regarding my X50. I appreciate you patience in educating me and discussing the many possible reasons for the recent "flat" spot in low speed acceleration I have been experiencing. I do appreciate your commitment to your customers, knowing many issues are hardware related. Since the installation of the GIAC software over two years ago, the car has been a "beast'. Thanks you again and the best to GIAC on the new release.

Michael

Old 10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
What are the benefits of Hitachi MAF over the OEM MAF?

Thanks
Emre
Hi WhiteKnight,

Hitachi makes a few different MAF sensors that are a little more durable than the OEM one that comes in the 996TT. 996TT customers that have an aftermarket intake and are experiencing multiple MAF failures, will definitely benefit from a conversion like this. While it is a more rare occurrence, stock airbox 996TT owners come across MAF issues form time to time as well. At $500 to $600 for an OEM replacement we feel there is definitely a long term cost savings for customers to utilize this kit.

Also, the limit of the best OEM MAF when used with the stock airbox is pretty close to the 650 - 700 hp level. When used with an intake that creates turbulence, the MAF voltage can actually top out at a somewhat lower horsepower level. At the 700 hp level the Hitachi MAF that we have chosen shows a signal of over a half volt lower than the OEM one.

We recalibrated the setup on our in house 996TT with this MAF conversion, and the power and drive ability are fantastic. Below is a 91 octane plot for the GIAC 996TT, which is equipped with our Hitachi MAF conversion, but maintains the stock inter-coolers, stock throttle body, and stock airbox.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:50 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Is this just a straight replacement MAF you are offering?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
Ronkain and Mglamarche,

Thank you for the kind words.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.