996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Took the Rejex Challange - Ohhh My

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 05:52 AM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
A gorgeous car and a gorgeous shine.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:00 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
LOL -

Sharky - left it on for 25 mins

Eric - i dont know 4 ? Got to send it to some of the other admins as well but I am keeping all the towels HA HA

Old 08-22-2004, 06:11 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
My concern (unfounded) would be applying Rejex over wax. If Rejex seals the wax and there is any outgassing over time, you could see a clouding under the Rejex.

Time will certainly tell.

That's why the right thing to do is to properly prep the car when applying any new type of product, hence the use of clay and and the other products he used.

If you are gonna put a topper wax on, it needs to go ontop of the sealent/synthetic. There are a lot of people who have success and like this. I'll sometimes top zaino/nxt, etc w/ something like p21s.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:27 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
That's why the right thing to do is to properly prep the car when applying any new type of product, hence the use of clay and and the other products he used.

If you are gonna put a topper wax on, it needs to go ontop of the sealent/synthetic. There are a lot of people who have success and like this. I'll sometimes top zaino/nxt, etc w/ something like p21s.
From the sounds of the posts, people are applying Rejex over the wax.

It sounds like this would definitely be a no no over carbon fiber as carbon fiber constantly out gassess.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:06 AM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Well...I just finished my first Rejex application. Very impressive. Easy and a great shine. How does one post pics?

Old 08-22-2004, 09:38 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
I just bought a new Zymol shampoo and WOW it worked really great. I put another coat of RejeX on my tips and side mirrors. OMG I can't believe this. It is very easy to use, you wipe it once, its all gone! I think I will do the whole car tonight if I have the mood

Old 08-22-2004, 08:15 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
From the sounds of the posts, people are applying Rejex over the wax.

It sounds like this would definitely be a no no over carbon fiber as carbon fiber constantly out gassess.

you are right, it should not be applied over wax. Most Polymers won't even bond unless they are on top a clean surface.

I didn't know CF let out gases, esp since most the CF you see these days has a clear coat on top.

learn something new everyda.

Old 08-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Andrew708
Darren..do you want a job? i am going to try the rejex on the cab next week..mabye ill try it on a 575 that i am doing this week!@!!!

Old 08-22-2004, 09:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
you are right, it should not be applied over wax. Most Polymers won't even bond unless they are on top a clean surface.

I didn't know CF let out gases, esp since most the CF you see these days has a clear coat on top.

learn something new everyda.
Hold on a minute. I am relating to my experiences with sealing waxes. I do not know if this applies to Rejex. I wish someone in the know would expound on this.

Regarding carbon fiber, it does out gas. I had to have my hood baked for days in the body shops oven to eliminate as much of this as possible. However, I was explained by the shop that if the hood was left out in the sun alot that it would continue to outgass which would inturn would cloud the finish.

Old 08-23-2004, 03:52 AM
tofumann is infamous around these parts
Darren:

Is that a RUF wing on your car?

Old 08-23-2004, 04:38 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
I had to travel to a wedding last night and we drove Nicole’s 330. Anyway on the ride we were discussing how clean her car still looks (Garaged both work and home) even after a week in looks spotless. Then she asked if I had told "My internet car buddies" about her accident. I started to laugh and said no I completely forgot about it. Last Saturday I washed, clay bared, washed and the RejeX'ed her car. Well on Monday she went to work and did her usual routine stop by Starbucks at Crystal Cove on the way into her office in NPB. Well when she was getting out of her car to go into her office. She had placed her Starbucks cup up on top of the roof of the car to free her hands in order to get her purse, bag etc. well as she puts it down and she takes her hand away the freakin' cup starts sliding down the SLICK roof tumbling to her feet. She said I can't believe how slippery my car is. She called me at work with this story thinking it was even though she got coffee all over her shoes. So a week later the finish is still so incredibly slippery I told her to be careful tomorrow.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:46 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by tofumann
Darren:

Is that a RUF wing on your car?
yes got it from board sponsor weissach - ask for asgar - they even painted it for me

Old 08-23-2004, 12:05 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I think i'll order some.

Old 08-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Has anyone experienced some hazing from using Rejex? I see some streaky hazing on the hood. Any ideas on how to fix it from your guys that are more experienced? I think the surface was completely clean...I carefully washed the car with blue Dawn prior to applying Rejex.

Thanks,

Old 08-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by john stephanus
Has anyone experienced some hazing from using Rejex? I see some streaky hazing on the hood. Any ideas on how to fix it from you guys that are more experienced? I think the surface was completely clean...I carefully washed the car with blue Dawn prior to applying Rejex.

Thanks,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the Rejex Challange - Ohhh My