996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Took the Rejex Challange - Ohhh My

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Is the climate moist?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:15 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Hold on a minute. I am relating to my experiences with sealing waxes. I do not know if this applies to Rejex. I wish someone in the know would expound on this.

I was saying you were right. you shouldn't be putting rejex over a real wax. It should go on a properly prepped surface that's polished/clayed/cleaned etc. If you want to add a wax it should go ON TOP of rejex. Not underneath. That is "if" you want to apply a traditional wax.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:16 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by john stephanus
Has anyone experienced some hazing from using Rejex? I see some streaky hazing on the hood. Any ideas on how to fix it from your guys that are more experienced? I think the surface was completely clean...I carefully washed the car with blue Dawn prior to applying Rejex.

Thanks,

that is most likely from applying to much product or not allowing it to cure enough before wiping off. Is your car black, by any chance?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:20 PM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
that is most likely from applying to much product or not allowing it to cure enough before wiping off. Is your car black, by any chance?
Yes...my car is black. I think it cured for long enough...at least an hour. As for too much product I guess that is possible. Should I just remove it with blue Dawn and re-do the hood?

Thanks,

Old 08-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Yes...my car is black. I think it cured for long enough...at least an hour. As for too much product I guess that is possible. Should I just remove it with blue Dawn and re-do the hood?

Thanks,
no, the streaking should go away after a wash or two.

these new synthetic waxes out these days are tricky. You use a very very minute amount. It's not like the old days w/ the carnubas and such where you would just pile that stuff on. W/ products like rejex/nxt/zaino a little more then an ounce of the stuff should cover your entire car.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
no, the streaking should go away after a wash or two.

these new synthetic waxes out these days are tricky. You use a very very minute amount. It's not like the old days w/ the carnubas and such where you would just pile that stuff on. W/ products like rejex/nxt/zaino a little more then an ounce of the stuff should cover your entire car.
Thanks much...knew you guys would be able to help.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I have gotten the steaking as well. I live in humid Florida and I only have this problem on the hood. Plus, dark cars can be a ***** but I have found that the streaking will also fade in the sun.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:15 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I found that spraying a little final inspection over it with a clean microfiber towel got rid of my slight hood streaking

Old 08-24-2004, 12:17 AM
What is "final inspection"?

Old 08-24-2004, 12:25 AM
What is "final inspection"?
Final Inspection specifically is a meguiars product. But what he is referring to is basically any quick detailer. A spray on product you use instead of a wash if the car isn't very dirty.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:31 AM
Got it...will give a try.

Thanks again,