996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M3 owners........P Envy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Hey Hamaan, My s2000 is the funniest car I have ever owned, Have u driven one?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:07 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
I have kept my mouth shut on almost every post Hamman has made....until now...

You Sir ( and I use that term very lightly) are an assclown. Oh, and I am not a liberal.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:40 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
flat, I have to agree with you.

Hamann, this board is all just fun man, cars are something we obviously all love and just like any good love affair passions can rise and things can be said and get blow out of proportion.

You have money, I have money, most of the guys on this board have money. Hell we are all driving $100,000+++ cars here, some of us multiple ones.

Arguing over whos car is faster, who cheaps because they didnt get so and so's exhaust or chip is like aruging over ***** size. Obviously everyones is "bigger" then the other guys, but they all do the same thing so who cares?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Banned
tuningwerks is infamous around these parts
Chiming in here:

Not all BMW //M enthusiasts are jerks - but with a lot of the Fast and Furious crowd moving into the Euroscene, it doesn't surprise me....(which is primarily why I got rid of my E46 ///M)

Old 08-24-2004, 01:54 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Cole_21
What's so funny about it?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
LOL OOPS

Originally posted by stuka
That and they keep wrecking them at the track, eventhough the M3 with DSC off is soooooo easy to drive on the track. Yo ucan go in to the corner too hot, get sideways, and still easily gather it back up. I am now up to about 85% of the speed that I was carrying in the M3 on the track in my Turbo.

And yes, my insurance for the M3 was actually more expensive when I had it than now with the Turbo. It's insanity how many M3's are getting wrecked! And they are way easier and safer to drive sideways than the Turbo!
Yep, our E46 M3 was probably one of my all time drive sideways cars - which is about the opposite when it comes to a 996 TT.

Incidentally, I've seen a ton of pictures on the net of M3 driving arseholes who totaled them on the street instead of the track.

Banned for Life
I should say the most exciting car i have ever owned!!! LOL

Old 08-24-2004, 02:00 AM
I should say the most exciting car i have ever owned!!! LOL
We know Cole, I was just playing with you

Old 08-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Banned for Life
Well Said

Originally posted by Dabum
flat, I have to agree with you.

Hamann, this board is all just fun man, cars are something we obviously all love and just like any good love affair passions can rise and things can be said and get blow out of proportion.

You have money, I have money, most of the guys on this board have money. Hell we are all driving $100,000+++ cars here, some of us multiple ones.

Arguing over whos car is faster, who cheaps because they didnt get so and so's exhaust or chip is like aruging over ***** size. Obviously everyones is "bigger" then the other guys, but they all do the same thing so who cares?

Old 08-24-2004, 02:01 AM
NJPete996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7

BTW, I do pretty much buy the best of everything when I can. Perhaps this is the difference between me and you. You can't buy taste!
One more thing i forgot to point out in my previous post which i found quite funny, in your above quote you are saying that its not possible to buy "taste", yet that is exactly what is implied in your post. You believe that since you buy the "best" you have "taste", but what you should really be worried about is buying some "CLASS."

Old 08-24-2004, 02:08 AM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
The funniest thing here is a picture I've seen of Hamman7 which shows a rolly poly asian dude with some little mans jacket, at the shootout I believe...

Old 08-24-2004, 02:22 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Geez, how did I know all you bling bling Turbo guys were going to start bashing me?

You don't have to agree with me. I really could not give a ****. Those who know me know what I'm talking about, and those that don't, simply don't matter.

But at least I speak what's on my mind rather than trying to appease everybody. All you guys and your political correctness bull**** of trying to see all cars as being equals is what makes this board so bland and boring at times. Oh well.

Every time I argue with you ******* the thread gets so many views.

I think the reason why the M3 issue is so hot on this board is because a lot of you either have Porsche envy or you came from an M3.... After all the Turbo would be a natural progression for an M3 owner who made more money. If this wasn't true, why are there so many M3 owners on this board???

Sorry if the truth hurts, but no way a BMW is anywhere on the same plane as a 911 Turbo, GT2, GT3, etc. You can fix up a BMW all you want, but at the end of the day, it's still a car that even your secretary can buy.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:23 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I think hamman should be banned from posting in this forum and should stick to only the GT2/3/GT forum. It's to easy for him to stir up trouble

Old 08-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 02TT_87GNX
The funniest thing here is a picture I've seen of Hamman7 which shows a rolly poly asian dude with some little mans jacket, at the shootout I believe...
Geez is that the best you could come up with you nerdy ***.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 owners........P Envy?