996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M3 owners........P Envy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Hamman, if I'm not mistaken (not trying to bash you, just a simple question). Didn't Wilbur do the full R&D on the car and then you basically just bought it from him?

What did you change after the purchase?

Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I think hamman should be banned from posting in this forum and should stick to only the GT2/3/GT forum. It's to easy for him to stir up trouble
It's like the O'Reilly Factor, no one in liberal California admits to liking it... but everyone loves it! That's what happens when you have a 'no spin zone.'

Or the Jerry Springer show, in this case.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:26 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
It's like the O'Reilly Factor, no one in liberal California admits to liking it... but everyone loves it! That's what happens when you have a 'no spin zone.'

Or the Jerry Springer show, in this case.

I'd love to smoke a cigar and drink some single malt w/ you one day. You are a riot man.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamman, if I'm not mistaken (not trying to bash you, just a simple question). Didn't Wilbur do the full R&D on the car and then you basically just bought it from him?

What did you change after the purchase?
You are mistaken. Why don't you call Wilber since you have his number. Re-read the previous post where I have addressed this issue.

I have the bills from Protomotive to prove it.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 AM
You are mistaken. Why don't you call Wilber since you have his number. Re-read the previous post where I have addressed this issue.

I have the bills from Protomotive to prove it.

as I said, I didn't know the full story and haven't read through this whole thread. When I had talked to wilber on the phone once it seemed like there was nothing left to do.

Don't be so defensive spudz

Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
I think the reason why the M3 issue is so hot on this board is because a lot of you either have Porsche envy or you came from an M3.... After all the Turbo would be a natural progression for an M3 owner who made more money. If this wasn't true, why are there so many M3 owners on this board???
Don't know about everyone else, but in our case, it was my wife's car (and now it's my sister's). It's a great girl's car

Old 08-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Porsche Fiend
I like to stir things up on this board because otherwise it's not very entertaining. Well, except for some of Allanlambo's posts, those are funny.

You can only talk about chips, zero clearance turbos, wax vs. polish, and polished wheels so much. The board is become a bling bling Rennlist, where the beloved 'List is full of grumpy old dudes and a communist regime of administrators.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:32 AM
Porsche Fiend
as I said, I didn't know the full story and haven't read through this whole thread. When I had talked to wilber on the phone once it seemed like there was nothing left to do.

Don't be so defensive spudz
Who's being defensive? I answered your question, point blank.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Porsche Fiend
Originally posted by ben, lj
Don't know about everyone else, but in our case, it was my wife's car
In my case, my sister was going to buy one... except she didn't want to be associated with a lot of the punks around here that drive one.

I have some very cool friends that own M3's like HKE46Boy. But at least he doesn't add all kinds of stupid **** and claim it's on the level of a 911. We're both ricers at heart, but at least we know what's up!

Old 08-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Who's being defensive? I answered your question, point blank.

I went through the thread and didn't see anything about you building anything except that you had them reprogram the ecu numerous times

were you referring to another thread?

Old 08-24-2004, 02:39 AM
Porsche Fiend
Besides changing hoses, oil lines, etc. to prevent leaks like the other competitors had?

The ECU programming is really what made the difference, as it allowed the boost to come on quickly for Turbos as large as the T04s.

Trust me, all that costs more than you think.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:39 AM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Geez is that the best you could come up with you nerdy ***.
Change your screen name to hamandeggs and eat another donut... might want to loosen that belt a little too.

OK I'll be the first one to pitch in 20 bucks for Hamandeggs to get laid by some downtown LA ho. Sounds like you need it dude.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:41 AM

Trust me, all that costs more than you think.

trust me, I know how much all that **** can get up to.

But you make it sound like you built it from scratch from wilber when in fact now you are saying all you did was change the lines and get the ECU done right. Which did cost you a ton of money, but who is mentioning money?

and I'm betting Promotive had 95% of the input as far as the ecu changes went

Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Porsche Fiend
I'm just way too tired to argue with you. How am I supposed to assess Protomotives input on the software versus mine? I told them how I wanted the power to come on, they programmed it. So what???

Since you have been SOON2BE for over 2 years, you already know the story. You know that Wilber was the one who put the Garretts on there as well as a bunch of other hardware. As Chad can tell you, hardware is only the first step. I bought the car from him so that we could finish the project together, and so we did.

So if you're trying to bash me, go ahead. But don't try to cover it up.

By the way, are you EVER going to get a Porsche? 2 years plus is hardly SOON. So why bash me when you don't even own a Porsche, let alone have the experience of tuning one?

Last edited by Hamann7; 08-24-2004 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm just way too tired to argue with you. Since you have been SOON2BE for over 2 years, you already know the story.

So if you're trying to bash me, go ahead. But don't try to cover it up.

By the way, are you EVER going to get a Porsche? 2 years plus is hardly SOON.

soon enough

good comeback though

I just think it's funny how all you keep talking about to people is how their tuning skills suck because they use cheap parts and such and that you know it all because you built the car that one. when in fact it appears, wilbur did the large majority of the R&D of the car and then the shop finished the wrap up on the ECU. Doesn't seem to me like you are better then anyone else on the board, you just have a bigger pocket book.

Then, there is always your comebacks, well will your motor last a 24 hour enduro, those are comical as well.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-24-2004 at 02:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 owners........P Envy?