996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M3 owners........P Envy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:56 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Soon2Be, why don't you argue with me when you have real experiences you can draw from and a real pocketbook?

Until then, I have nothing to say to a Wannabe993TT.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:15 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by dgussin1
Thats about $1000 and you have over a 120hp gain.
While $8.33 per hp is pretty cheap, $5.55 per hp for Upsolute is cheaper.

And what does the "straighten the steering wheel" mod cost for the Cobra?

Old 08-24-2004, 05:18 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Soon2Be, why don't you argue with me when you have real experiences you can draw from and a real pocketbook?

Until then, I have nothing to say to a Wannabe993TT.

I don't know Hamman, seems like I have both experience w/ my HANDS and pocket book. Sounds to me like you are lacking one of them

http://home.earthlink.net/~scott_tomkins/1.jpg

All I'm saying is, the way you speak makes it sound like you are the only one in the "know". Which simply isn't the case.

wannabe993TT sounds good to me, I certainly do wanna have one, and will one day, whether soon or not. 993C2 w/ a 3.8L TT still haunts my dreams

Since you bash BMW's all the time, maybe it's time for a name change for yourself as well

We are all car guys here who share the same love and passion, it's when peoples heads swell up like yours that ruin all the fun.

From everything I've read about the car wilbur and protomotive put together it sounded like a real beast, I don't mean to take any credit away from it.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-24-2004 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:20 AM
srika is infamous around these partssrika is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by L8Apex
I think there is a fair share of Pcar owners that play the same game as the BMW guys.

Example: I had a guy in a GT2 (grey)last weekend get on my **** on a 3 lane road (no other cars around) weeving back and forth trying to bait me to run him. (I'm in a E36 M3) He proceeds to blow by me and waits for me at the next light rev'n the engine (it sounded sweet). This was amusing to me so, I look over and laugh. That spurred him to rev even more. Light turns green and oh my we are door to door half way thru 3rd gear. He was'nt pulling away as fast as he thought he would! At the next light, my grin was bigger than before and instead of pulling up next to me, he pulled behind me and refused to make eye contact. (bruised ego?) Why would he waste his time on a BMW?

I would have never considered running a GT2 (in my Pcar yes)until this guy.

Oh by the way my e36 m3 has a turbo.
haha... nice story. way to go, pard'ner.

srika

Old 08-24-2004, 05:40 AM
srika is infamous around these partssrika is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
I'm just way too tired to argue with you. How am I supposed to assess Protomotives input on the software versus mine? I told them how I wanted the power to come on, they programmed it. So what???
ok enough lurking in this thread...

sooo..... you took your car to Protomotive, told them how you wanted the power to come on, they programmed it, and you paid 'em? Isn't that what anyone who takes their car to a tuner does? Sorry but that doesn't make you a "tuner". If that's the case, well, I am one of the biggest tuners in North America!! Yay.

Every time I argue with you ******* the thread gets so many views.
I'm laughing. It's typical for an insecure person (such as yourself) to post such a thing on a forum, to make himself feel more important. Delusions of grandeur along with a false notion of self-worth commonly accompany this response. "Wow, the views on this thread are growing exponentially, it must be because of my wisdom and great contributions to it"...

wrong. more people are viewing the thread because they enjoy seeing you make a fool out of yourself and get bashed by everyone else.

Old 08-24-2004, 06:22 AM
adsc4s is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt

We are all car guys here who share the same love and passion, it's when peoples heads swell up like yours that ruin all the fun.

Most of the car guys here have a Porsche.

Old 08-24-2004, 06:33 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Lets just put this thread to rest, or it will never die!!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 06:47 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Cole_21
Lets just put this thread to rest, or it will never die!!!!
Noooooooo!

I am easily entertained and this is better than Springer.

Old 08-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Vette owners have the worst P envy of any car owners...

Old 08-24-2004, 07:13 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by adsc4s
Most of the car guys here have a Porsche.

okay, most people aren't pompous *******s either

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-24-2004 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Hammann, you always talk about what an awesome driver you are and how well you do the twisties, and how you can smoke almost anything in your old 7 series because you know how to drive.

So how about some pictures of the damage you did to the GT2 your first time at the track? Even better, wasn't it the FIRST LAP?

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-24-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:23 AM
adsc4s is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
okay, most people aren't pompous *******s either
I am neither an ******* nor pompous. However, after listening to you spew on your "Porsche expertise" over the last couple of years is pathetic. I appreciate your "enthusiasm", but as they say, until you walk the walk, you can't talk the talk. I am appreciative in your expertise of auto detailing and read your very informative post regarding your detailing experience. However, seeing as you have a Sub and a fast pair of Hondas, everything you say is really second hand info that you have read.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Hamman7 is the funniest SOB on this whole board, without him, (and Don Relentless, who gets second place for funniest SOB, and honorable mentions going out to Sharky, DEETZ, allanlambo, Itzkrib and me, of course) this site would be boring...

Old 08-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by adsc4s
I am neither an ******* nor pompous. However, after listening to you spew on your "Porsche expertise" over the last couple of years is pathetic. I appreciate your "enthusiasm", but as they say, until you walk the walk, you can't talk the talk. I am appreciative in your expertise of auto detailing and read your very informative post regarding your detailing experience. However, seeing as you have a Sub and a fast pair of Hondas, everything you say is really second hand info that you have read.

What "porsche expertise" have I ever spewed? And I didn't call you an ******* nor pompous

The majority of stuff people sphew on this board is 2nd hand stuff they've read. There are always people talking about things they've never tried and only have experience through hear say.

But i'd really like to see what expertise, i've spewed . I've never claimed to be an expert on ANYTHING, because that's just not the case.

btw, I'm far from an expert when it comes to detailing, there is a lot I have to learn, I just like to share what I already know to help out others.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-24-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by mehrabani1
Hamman7 is the funniest SOB on this whole board, without him, (and Don Relentless, who gets second place for funniest SOB, and honorable mentions going out to Sharky, DEETZ, allanlambo, Itzkrib and me, of course) this site would be boring...
I will agree, Hamman has made me laugh out loud more then a few times on this board.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 owners........P Envy?