996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My idea of "legal" kills!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:40 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
LOL, are you serious??

Old 10-13-2008, 04:44 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
LOL, are you serious??
+1

Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
ArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to behold
I doubt Tom had his camera turned on yet when you passed him in the paddock. He usually only turns it on during run sessions.

Originally Posted by GTII
I was at that event in your run group. I was in a silver Z06 and passed you a couple of times, throughout the day. I dont have a camera in my car and was hoping you could post some of that video, so I can see what it looks like when I go by some slower cars. It wasn't one of the race prepped vettes you were referring to, but a stock car on Hoosiers ..... Thanks!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Come on guys... Let's be fair. If the guy passed Tom, Tom will man up and say so... There is ALWAYS someone faster... Don't let that escape any of you...

Mike

Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 AM
GTII is infamous around these parts
Tom? .......

Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Come on guys... Let's be fair. If the guy passed Tom, Tom will man up and say so... There is ALWAYS someone faster... Don't let that escape any of you...

Mike

No one, or let me say, at least myself, is saying the guy didnt pass Tom. He could have lapped him for all I care, it's the lack of respect that I was questioning, like he has some sort of personal grudge or is only trying to esteem himself, which all of us do to a certain extent, but not in an attempt to put someone else down, which clearly this is the case.

"I want to see what it looks like when I pass slower cars"

In other words, he's being an A$$.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
No one, or let me say, at least myself, is saying the guy didnt pass Tom. He could have lapped him for all I care, it's the lack of respect that I was questioning, like he has some sort of personal grudge or is only trying to esteem himself, which all of us do to a certain extent, but not in an attempt to put someone else down, which clearly this is the case.

"I want to see what it looks like when I pass slower cars"

In other words, he's being an A$$.
thanks guys and yes you took the bait from the guy in the corvette, he never passed me and I never even saw that car.

I was passed by an open wheel F-1 type of indy car, that is it and I reviewed all the tapes and never saw the "fast" vette. but if I did have the vid I would have been glad to post it. I like when similar class cars are being driven better than I I usually can learn something. Also I had street tires on and always had a passenger, but still never passed by the vette.

But if he wants to come up to me at Daytona in two weeks, we can see if I can get some vid of him there, I am sure I will meet up with him and I am sure he is not as much of an *** hole as his post makes him seem.

Last edited by tom kerr; 10-15-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Well, now, that went well!

Tom, I knew that IF you had footage of someone passing you, that you'd post it.

I've given 7 passes in 15 days total at the track this year, and three of those were given out of request by someone who wanted me to tape them...

One of the other 3 was you Tom, back in the spring!
Mike

Old 10-16-2008, 06:30 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
sometimes a point by is a good thing...

I let a guy go by last time i drove in an older 911 .. i picked up a good tip from his line made the adjustment in his line to suit my car and i know i dropped some time in theat segment of the track....

but hell i love giving a point really late to aa buddy and make him work for it!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Well, now, that went well!

Tom, I knew that IF you had footage of someone passing you, that you'd post it.

I've given 7 passes in 15 days total at the track this year, and three of those were given out of request by someone who wanted me to tape them...

One of the other 3 was you Tom, back in the spring!
Mike

Wow, that's a good memory, I dont really recall how many point by's I've had this year. Dont count cool down laps or for fun lapping, that isnt earned.

I'd have to go back and look at my VIR tapes, I probably gave a bunch then in the first 2-3 sessions and then later to the REALLY fast guys (Matt, One of the Cup cars, and the guy in the black Z06), but other than that, maybe 2. One at Barber with the RWD and the other at Road Atlanta to the 700 whp scion on the backstraight. But my memory may be foggy.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 AM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Funny thing was Tom also had a broken wastegate actuator and could not even make .8 BAR instead of the 1.2 BAR he normally runs. So the car was off a couple hundred HP...

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM
GTII is infamous around these parts
HeavyChevy, I was just messing with Tom a littile bit. But, if you want to take this up to another level, here goes ..... You want to talk about lack of respect, you need to reread the original thread. To go on a forum and post a video of your "Legal Kills", then refer to the other cars on the track as "cars that were in the way, screams of an arrogance that I just had to respond to.
The advanced group at Sebring that day, consisted of some very fast cars. A black Z06, a 430 challenge car, a couple of open wheelers and a race prepared vette that was breaking in a new engine. Where does this put Tom?..... in my opinion, in the middle of the pack and occasionally in the way. Do I have a personal grudge against Mr Kerr? .... I don't even know him. But, if you create this Tomfoolery and post it on a forum, I don't think you should suggest that a guy is an a$$ hole, because he has a another point of view. Don't think this is some Porsche vs. Vette thing, as I own a GT2 and just love the car!. Here is my idea of a fast street car driven to a track Day. Pay attention to the video @ 6:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6kgMyvSgw

Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Great stuff, Tom. Love the driving and love the vidoes.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Oh, that is quite an interesting video! ^^^
It passes said Yellow Porsche at 8:00 minutes.
Z06's on Hoosiers are deadly, look at Atomic Z's time at Brainderd
in Stock Z06 on Hoosiers (faster than myself or Luis Sr. in his GT2 have EVER been
at Brainerd; It was Atomic Z's 3rd time at Brainerd!!!). Now that Atomic's Z has brakes,
and more power, NO street driven Porsche at Brainerd will touch it, period as he will be
runnng mid 1:40's. Dez, (Heavy) what does MTI's Z06 run at Road Atlanta?
Our Porsches are just too damned PORTLY and severely disadvantaged when matched
up to lighter/faster cars. Sorry guys, it is just how I have seen it and see it.
Last year at TX2K8, the fastest 3 cars on Texas World Speedway were Z06's ??
(I was 4th, oh well, as they say...)

This is not meant to take away from Dr. Tom's driving, Heavy's driving and I am only average at the track. I am still learning alot
MK

Old 10-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by GTII
HeavyChevy, I was just messing with Tom a littile bit. But, if you want to take this up to another level, here goes ..... You want to talk about lack of respect, you need to reread the original thread. To go on a forum and post a video of your "Legal Kills", then refer to the other cars on the track as "cars that were in the way, screams of an arrogance that I just had to respond to.
The advanced group at Sebring that day, consisted of some very fast cars. A black Z06, a 430 challenge car, a couple of open wheelers and a race prepared vette that was breaking in a new engine. Where does this put Tom?..... in my opinion, in the middle of the pack and occasionally in the way. Do I have a personal grudge against Mr Kerr? .... I don't even know him. But, if you create this Tomfoolery and post it on a forum, I don't think you should suggest that a guy is an a$$ hole, because he has a another point of view. Don't think this is some Porsche vs. Vette thing, as I own a GT2 and just love the car!. Here is my idea of a fast street car driven to a track Day. Pay attention to the video @ 6:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6kgMyvSgw

Precisely why I asked if you were serious my friend. I am all too familiar with trash talk among friends, but from your words, and Tom's it doesnt seem like you two are all that close.

I see guys on the corvette forum talk about going to PCA events and beating up on the Porsches all the time, and it's what's expected on various sites. No harm no foul. But I dont see the need to get defensive because of it.

There are too many people here that know Tom isnt that type of guy so trying to convey him as something else isnt going to get you very far.

In case you havent been around this section long enough you'd know that his reference to "legal kills" is only in objection to the large amount of street racing type threads we get here, and he is only endorsing something positive for a change.

In your opinion and based on lap times, Tom may have been mid pack, but that doesnt mean he got passed several times over the weekend. Mid pack is good enough to keep you from having to do many point by's. And unless you have video of him being a rolling chicane, well then it's still your opinion.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I dont think you need to huff and puff your way in here. We are all cool guys and just some friendly words will get you some great track buddies and who knows, maybe someone here who can keep up with you so you have a drive buddy. Just saying this doesnt need to be a Porsche vs Chevy thread, its just in fun. No one is getting paid to race here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My idea of "legal" kills!