996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 GT3 brake ducts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
997 GT3 brake ducts

Are these brake ducts an improvement over stock TT ducts for stock brakes:

Right side is 997.341.484.92
Left side is 997.341.483.92

The add calls them 997 GT3 ducts, no mention of Cup or RS.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i just got them from suncoast and installed them

pictures do NOT represent them very well. the 997 GT3 brake ducts are actually the same size as the OEM 996 ones. the only difference is the 997 GT3 ones are a bit more agressive when it comes to shape and directing the air

now the 997 GT3 RS ones are significantly bigger but more expensive. i would get the RS ones since they are much bigger and appear more effective

in my optinion, save your money and skip the 997 GT3 ones and just go for the 997 GT3 RS ones

Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Thanks for the info. Anyone know where has the GT3RS ducts at the best price?

Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
just giving you guys a heads up, it's not a 15 minute install
they are quite annoying to install

Old 10-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
You're kidding, right?

Took me 5 minutes with the car on the lift...

With it off a lift, using a jack, just remove the wheel and unsnap the clips for the old unit, and install the new unit the same way... It's, well, a couple of plastic snaps...

I'd also recommend safety wire, as I've lost one by scraping a gator/curb while on course... Guess it broke the snaps off and snapped it...

Mike

Old 10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
You're kidding, right?

Took me 5 minutes with the car on the lift...

With it off a lift, using a jack, just remove the wheel and unsnap the clips for the old unit, and install the new unit the same way... It's, well, a couple of plastic snaps...

I'd also recommend safety wire, as I've lost one by scraping a gator/curb while on course... Guess it broke the snaps off and snapped it...

Mike

i guess if i removed the wheel it would have been easier.
but from underneath the car, those clips were impossible to remove, i had the hardest time un-doing them
and then getting the new brake duct fit over the metal arms was kindof hard too

maybe i'm just bad with cars

Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Thease cars are real heavy and I can vouch that the extra cooling works. I also did 997TT rear ducts and converted the undertrays to 997TT.

Before I did the rear the brembo logo cooked on the rear calipers and not the front. I did a friend/customer with f/r at the same time and he had no issue. Even when he let Gene Sigal drive it. Also remember to use good fluid.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 PM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by angldrkns9

i guess if i removed the wheel it would have been easier.
but from underneath the car, those clips were impossible to remove, i had the hardest time un-doing them
and then getting the new brake duct fit over the metal arms was kindof hard too

maybe i'm just bad with cars
yea, if you pull the wheel off its real easy to get the clips unsnapped...here is a pic from when I was installing mine

Name:  IMG_1075.jpg
Views: 2546
Size:  88.0 KB

Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
big diff between the cup ducts and stock version.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Leave it to oak to create art out of this situation.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Thease cars are real heavy and I can vouch that the extra cooling works. I also did 997TT rear ducts and converted the undertrays to 997TT.

Before I did the rear the brembo logo cooked on the rear calipers and not the front. I did a friend/customer with f/r at the same time and he had no issue. Even when he let Gene Sigal drive it. Also remember to use good fluid.
Is it a pretty easy conversion to use the 997tt ducting in the rear/undertrays?

Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor
Front to back I would say it's 70% bolt-on and bout 30% zip tyes and fabrication. They are so well fastened that you can use 1/3 the hardware and be o.k. But fasten using good fab hardware and it's butteiproof. Good for a few mph at speed and better cooling.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Front to back I would say it's 70% bolt-on and bout 30% zip tyes and fabrication. They are so well fastened that you can use 1/3 the hardware and be o.k. But fasten using good fab hardware and it's butteiproof. Good for a few mph at speed and better cooling.
Thanks for the response. I don't know how it happened but my undercarriage is missing all the trays, so i guess its a good chance for me to replace them with the 997 stuff.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 AM

have any pics of the rear ducts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 brake ducts