996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24 Setups Whats the best Combo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
K24 Setups Whats the best Combo?

I presently have a K24 turbo on the car with GIAC software full Fabspeed exhaust and a K&N looking to get some more HP with out going REALLY nuts.
What have you guys done that seams to work? HP figures?
Thanks for the info in advance!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
You could add wastegates to your k24's. They would help with spool-up and also help hold 1.2 bar through redline.

If you really want more power, you could send your k24's to Blouch Turbo and have them converted to k24/18g's. This would provide a substantial bump in power. The downside is that you would need new programming for these turbos since GIAC doesn't offer an 18g tune. Tuners such as Protomotive, EPL, and Softronic all offer programming for those turbos.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
GIAC does offer K24 programming as an upgrade.

+1 on the wastegates on any K24 or higher car. You will feel like you flashed the car.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 AM
terri.eikenbary is infamous around these parts
Does anyone think that any of the intake setups are worth much on a k24 upgraded car?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
I presently have a K24 turbo on the car with GIAC software full Fabspeed exhaust and a K&N looking to get some more HP with out going REALLY nuts.
What have you guys done that seams to work? HP figures?
Thanks for the info in advance!
send to Protomotive for hybrids and programing
with your car that is best bang for buck hands down.
I dynoed 600 RWhp with that set up and runs at the track all day.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Oh what am I going to do with you...... If you dont start to listen to me I will no longer be your installer..

Slow down and drive the car for a while, you havent even had the car for a week! Help me help you!!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terri.eikenbary
Does anyone think that any of the intake setups are worth much on a k24 upgraded car?
Nope. Stock intake prolly good to 600HP from what i've been told.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kilrgt
Oh what am I going to do with you...... If you dont start to listen to me I will no longer be your installer..

Slow down and drive the car for a while, you havent even had the car for a week! Help me help you!!!!

'Quick Doctor, it's the mod bug- he's got it bad....'

+1 on wastegate.

A

Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Ok so which wategates you guys running?

Pauls its all usefull tips..

Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Try Todd at Proto for wastegates. Bolt them on and see what happens. Also let your installer check everything and give you his opinion on wategates. There are a few places to get them

Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Already picked it up, Congrats! I thought EVO GT640 use ball baring turbo same as GT700? I'm with Pual, There are so many turbo setup on the market, drive it a while to learn the car. Upgrade it once and save your time and money.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
spend $1500 bucks or so for the 24/18G and wastegate upgrade and pickup 75 -100 wheel hp? Nice bang for the buck.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
ard thats funny.

ttboost has the real idea. You could do a GIAC tune and get credit towards it. But remember you could also do proto gates for now then bolt them onto the 24/18g's later if that is the order you want to do it in.

Get that doctor's card for me will ya...No more employee discount for me.