996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

diference betwen K24 AND K24/18g's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:53 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
rdss,

If you already have K24's, it is fairly inexpensive to have them converted to k24/18G's. Also, with some of the software prices out there now - the flash to go with them is easy on the wallet, too. Probably by far your best bang for the buck...

Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
This thread has got me seriously excited. Currently sitting in my garage is Todd's PE700 kit. Three wonderful boxes of magic that include the 24/18s, fuel system, Hitachi MAF, intercoolers, etc. Installation date is estimated for beginning November with my mechanic, and software to be sent across thereafter...

Todd... I can hardly hold my excitement!!!!! I need to dial out the turbo lag from my current kit and see some real power...

Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
tiptronic will be able to hold up with 700hp? Did you have any work done to the tip transmission for this upgrade?

Old 10-11-2008, 07:32 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harold
This thread has got me seriously excited. Currently sitting in my garage is Todd's PE700 kit. Three wonderful boxes of magic that include the 24/18s, fuel system, Hitachi MAF, intercoolers, etc. Installation date is estimated for beginning November with my mechanic, and software to be sent across thereafter...

Todd... I can hardly hold my excitement!!!!! I need to dial out the turbo lag from my current kit and see some real power...
I just went from K16's right to 18G's and I don't notice any difference at all, except the extra 88awhp on pump gas

Old 10-11-2008, 07:46 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boca996tt
tiptronic will be able to hold up with 700hp? Did you have any work done to the tip transmission for this upgrade?
Tip is easily good for that much... previous kit I had was dialed pretty high up the horsepower curve (above 700hp) and the gearbox only has an external cooler and was tracked hard. Todd reconfirmed that no work needed for his PE700, not even the torque converter, although that will be next on my list of mods in any case.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by ttboost
I just went from K16's right to 18G's and I don't notice any difference at all, except the extra 88awhp on pump gas
Really feel I went with the right choice as I am looking for good horsepower gain with smooth delivery for track racing. I AM EXCITED....

Old 10-11-2008, 12:13 PM
erdal is infamous around these parts
hi,
can somebody tell me the difference between flooring the k16 in 6th gear and hitting 1bar at about 3000rpm and when 1bar will be reached with K24/18G´s?

I have now K24´s installed and have 1bar in 6th gear at exactly the same rpm. How about the 18G´s? My car is remapped...
Would be really interested to know before thinking about a swap...

regards

Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by erdal
hi,
can somebody tell me the difference between flooring the k16 in 6th gear and hitting 1bar at about 3000rpm and when 1bar will be reached with K24/18G´s?

I have now K24´s installed and have 1bar in 6th gear at exactly the same rpm. How about the 18G´s? My car is remapped...
Would be really interested to know before thinking about a swap...

regards
Too many variables to really have a honest answer... just to point out that that your DASH BAR readout is lazy and NOT accurate- and thats just the beginning...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-11-2008, 12:51 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
You need more fuel and a good tune with the 24/18G setup or there is no point to run them. Without the injectors and fuel pump its not that big a difference from a K24 turbo.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:02 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
How much ???

Originally Posted by John D
rdss,

If you already have K24's, it is fairly inexpensive to have them converted to k24/18G's. Also, with some of the software prices out there now - the flash to go with them is easy on the wallet, too. Probably by far your best bang for the buck...
John i need to know how much aprox would i need to expend in ordre to get the convertion.About the software i have some one that can do it.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
You need more fuel and a good tune with the 24/18G setup or there is no point to run them. Without the injectors and fuel pump its not that big a difference from a K24 turbo.
absolutely not true. A protomotive 18g tune with a 5 bar and free flowing exhaust will blow the doors off of a similar setup with k24s only. Trust me I know.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
absolutely not true. A protomotive 18g tune with a 5 bar and free flowing exhaust will blow the doors off of a similar setup with k24s only. Trust me I know.
+1

my car before 60-130 7,9s now 6,6s

Old 10-11-2008, 06:28 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
rdss,

I forget exactly, but I spent somewhere around 1K to have it done, but I have seen some on here post of having it done for more like $600.00 - either way, not a big expense when upgrading these cars, especially for what these turbos can do for your car. You will require a 5 bar FPR and tune. And as an option - a Greddy or other EBC, if you want to be able to increase your boost to take advantage of race fuel for top performance, either on occasion or regularly. A EBC usually runs under $500.00, so you will require:

1) Turbo upgrade $600-$1,200, plus labor to remove & freight in/out for upgrade
2) 5 bar FPR - $200-$300
3) Software - $1,295 >
4) EBC - $300-$500
5) Labor to install all of above - This can all be a DIY, if you are so inclined.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
It's pretty unanimous. Go for the 18G set-up with 5-bar regulator and tune (or re-tune...who's ecu upgrade do you have). This will get you 620-650hp. Then you could install injectors and a few other mods and go to 700hp with that tune upgrade.

I agree with the EBC if you will use it and the fuel.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
What tune can you get for the K24/18g that is around $1,295? Also, which tune is better with these turbos, i.e. Proto, EPL, Softronic, etc. I currently have the GAIC tune and all of the "Stage 4" bolt-ons. I plan to take my turbos off and send them to Blouch for the 18gs, but would like to know which tune I should go with.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: diference betwen K24 AND K24/18g's