996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

diference betwen K24 AND K24/18g's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Red 9
Mark,
so that is the upside of 20 G-- what is the downside compared to 18G. How far up the rev range does it move the performance curve?
What about a K24/3070/6 R types-- the same question as above??
I know there has been other discussion on this--but I am interested at the point the next turbo becomes an advantage.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
more power... all the way to redline.... and very minimal lag vs the 18g... now thats assuming you have the intake and ICs....
Ist the best kept secret ... asn thats coming from my friend who actually did it first on his car 3 yeasr ago.,... he took a lot of money from a bunch of street racers with this kit...
BTW,
we already have the next turbo set up for the 996tt... ist on the car and its running low 5s 60 to 130s... I think a 5.0 is doable in cooler temps... stay tuned.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Is that car you mention on stock bottom end Marek?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Is that car you mention on stock bottom end Marek?
Of course... it already did a 5.2 in humid hot temps...

click to view

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
What do you mean of course? It seems like a lot of power to be putting on stock internals.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by TXGold
What do you mean of course? It seems like a lot of power to be putting on stock internals.
How ironic, but yes..... and he has not blown a single motor.... currently he owns 4 TTs... one with 950 rwhp.... things that make you go hhhmmm...

click to view

Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
How ironic, but yes..... and he has not blown a single motor.... currently he owns 4 TTs... one with 950 rwhp.... things that make you go hhhmmm...
He must be doing something right thats badass! Is Bobby coming to the mile? If so what car will he bring?
Matt

Old 10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
He mentioned he might.. but IDK yet.... I would but I work on weekends... my car is half way there LOL
If he brings his red car- watch out... thats all I have to say...

click to view

Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
He mentioned he might.. but IDK yet.... I would but I work on weekends... my car is half way there LOL
If he brings his red car- watch out... thats all I have to say...
Hope to meet him and someone of his badass rides!
Matt

Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
we already have the next turbo set up for the 996tt... ist on the car and its running low 5s 60 to 130s... I think a 5.0 is doable in cooler temps... stay tuned.[/quote]

Can you tell us more on this, sounds very interesting?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by GTRETA
we already have the next turbo set up for the 996tt... ist on the car and its running low 5s 60 to 130s... I think a 5.0 is doable in cooler temps... stay tuned.
Can you tell us more on this, sounds very interesting?[/QUOTE]

I can't.... I'm sorry- It's someone's proprietary information....

click to view

Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Can you tell us more on this, sounds very interesting?
I can't.... I'm sorry- It's someone's proprietary information....[/quote]

Those numbers on upgraded K24's?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
I can't.... I'm sorry- It's someone's proprietary information....
Those numbers on upgraded K24's?[/QUOTE]

No, its not a KKK housing.

click to view

Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
It's pretty unanimous. Go for the 18G set-up with 5-bar regulator and tune (or re-tune...who's ecu upgrade do you have). This will get you 620-650hp. Then you could install injectors and a few other mods and go to 700hp with that tune upgrade.

I agree with the EBC if you will use it and the fuel.
just like on my car right Sambo? with diode, yeah just tune it with a diode

Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Chinese made is RIGHT!!! LOL... But they worked fine.... And yeah I took out some weight but I was also 235 training hard then too... So....weight kinda balanced itself out... and remember the those traps were on that dumb ceramic clutch!! All in all...the 18g set up with NO inj ran amazing!!! But if you have the $$ go for more bang for $ with 20G and inj fuel pump hard pipe kit etc....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: diference betwen K24 AND K24/18g's