996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which DV to buy ? Where to buy in US ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM
pogoteurfou is infamous around these parts
Which DV to buy ? Where to buy in US ?

Hi all ,
i'm from Belgium and i own a 2002 996 TT on which i will have the ecu flash done so i'ld like to move from the OEM DV to after market DV .
Which one do u recommend ? Where do u buy in the US ?
I don't want to deal with carnewal as their prices are way too high compared to the US market
AND no lie : the rate exchange from dollar to euro is great for us european !!
Car is bone stock for now , will have the flash done by upsolute , K&N air filter in the OEM air box , and an europipe exhaust stage 2 loud .
These are the only mods that will be done on the car , basic mods so
Thanks in advance for your answers
Bets regards
@+
Nico

Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
We carry Forge DV's currently, I've got plenty in stock (likely cheaper than you can buy them from Forge in the UK for). We ship to UK and Europe daily and will be going to the Autosport in January.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by onelove
We carry Forge DV's currently, I've got plenty in stock (likely cheaper than you can buy them from Forge in the UK for). We ship to UK and Europe daily and will be going to the Autosport in January.
Hey onelove,
whats the difference b/t forged and non-forged. thx

Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Forge is the brand.

As far as forging goes, it's a process used to shape metal. Normally when you hear of a forged wheel, the mold is made using compression before machining.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi all ,
Thanks for your answers .
I've heard only good things about Forge
Can u tell me more about price and shipping costs ?
Thanks again all .
See ya all and have fun
Best regards
@+
Nico

Old 10-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Forge is the brand.

As far as forging goes, it's a process used to shape metal. Normally when you hear of a forged wheel, the mold is made using compression before machining.
I must of have misread your post. I completely know the forging process. lol.
How is forge brand vs billet dv's ?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pogoteurfou
Hi all ,
i'm from Belgium and i own a 2002 996 TT on which i will have the ecu flash done so i'ld like to move from the OEM DV to after market DV .
Which one do u recommend ? Where do u buy in the US ?
I don't want to deal with carnewal as their prices are way too high compared to the US market
AND no lie : the rate exchange from dollar to euro is great for us european !!
Car is bone stock for now , will have the flash done by upsolute , K&N air filter in the OEM air box , and an europipe exhaust stage 2 loud .
These are the only mods that will be done on the car , basic mods so
Thanks in advance for your answers
Bets regards
@+
Nico
nico, it's a job you want to do only once. I have had used the Bailey DV's for years with differing applications and have never had any problems.

check with Mike @ AWE they are a board sponser. if you look to the right you will find a link or click below.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...IL=BaileyValve

Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Bailey Motorsports diverter valves. Contact AWE

Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pogoteurfou
Hi all ,
Thanks for your answers .
I've heard only good things about Forge
Can u tell me more about price and shipping costs ?
Thanks again all .
See ya all and have fun
Best regards
@+
Nico
Nico -

Check PM.

-wes

Old 10-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Nico -

Check PM.

-wes
Thank u that's cool
Thanks all for your answers
See ya all and have fun

Old 10-11-2008, 03:30 AM
andymac is infamous around these parts
Another thumbs up for Forge A+

Old 10-11-2008, 03:44 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Hello,I'm also from Belgium,if you like to have information about tuning a 996TT and were to buy you can always call me (I hope you speak Dutch)
0495/577693

Old 10-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi all ,
thanks for your help
Bailey's dv are on the way
Dixie , thanks for your input !!!
I'll call u ( in english ) but next week cuz i had a bad MX crash yesterday and it's very painful .
See ya all and have fun
@+
Nico

Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Poor Belgians !
I know how it is to pay more than 50% in taxes on everything you earn, and then have to pay 20% VAT if you want to buy something with the little bit of money the government lets you keep.
That's why I LEFT that disfunctional country, never to go back again.

Re your questions : you seem to go for the cheaper options (upsolute, etc...)
Contact FVD in Florida and they can ship you their flash with remote loader for what you will pay for the upsolute in Europe (guess the current FX is slightly below 1.4). While you're at it, also order a BMC filter. K&N is not as good a brand and personally I've had several issues with their customer service. They simply do not stand behind their product in case you blow a MAF.
DVs : I went Forge, but I guess you can't go wrong with any of the billet items. Installing is not that much of an issue, as long as you have an extra pair of hands to help you (sometimes takes some force to move things around).

Good luck !
Bonne chance !
Veel geluk !

Let me know if you need any help with ordering or shipping stuff. More than willing to help a compatriote.

Yves (origineel van Zelzate, O-VL)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which DV to buy ? Where to buy in US ?