996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:57 PM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Sport Seats

Hi,

I am looking for a 996TT and have now had 4 sold right before I could get to them. One of the options I am looking for is Sport Seats. I really like the painted back of the seats, and would paint the back even if it's not done from factory.

I have found a lot of nice cars - but the thing that makes me walk away is the fact that they don't have Sport Seats.

Question is - can I buy these? I am sure everything is for sale. Wondered if anyone here has bought Sport Seats or knows of a dealer that may be willing to help here.

Thanks and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Old 10-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Get this a find a silver TT to match the back!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ort-seats.html

Old 10-11-2008, 02:44 PM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
hmmmmm....

Thank you for that.

Now if I find a Silver car - this could work.

Still looking to see if I can buy these new or what not - in case I pick up another color car.

Thanks guys for your help.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I do believe you can order new sport seats but it will cost your 6-8K easily. For that price range, my choice will be 997GT2 carbon seats from Suncoast.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Will the Carbon Seats recline?

And do you have a contact at Suncoast?

Thanks for the help.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Denver996tt has a spectacular aura aboutDenver996tt has a spectacular aura about
I was checking out the Suncoast site and saw a pair of black leather 996 GT3 seats for $2,595. That's a steal IMO

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=996seats

Old 10-18-2008, 11:48 AM
It sure is.

Thanks for the site - I will poke around that.

I am looking for them to recline though - so the sport seats are ideal.

Who can I deal with at Suncoast - anyone have an idea?

Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 PM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
I like sports seats as well, but do NOT let this be the main decision point. Find the cleanest, lowest-mile and problem free p-car you love and try to buy it for the best possible deal you can, you will see everything else is just fun and breeze from that point and on. I strongly suggest you buy a car with a Black interior if you are planning on dong a lot of upgrades to inside of your car, any other color you will have hard time finding anything. If I knew this was the case I would have done that myself. I love my color combo, I can't imagine a better color interior than graphite gray for my Atlas Gray car, but black would have been a lot easier to upgrade inside.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by thankful
It sure is.

Thanks for the site - I will poke around that.

I am looking for them to recline though - so the sport seats are ideal.

Who can I deal with at Suncoast - anyone have an idea?
Steve or Ric will help you out

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...oaststeve.html

Old 10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TTSCAB
I like sports seats as well, but do NOT let this be the main decision point. Find the cleanest, lowest-mile and problem free p-car you love and try to buy it for the best possible deal you can, you will see everything else is just fun and breeze from that point and on. I strongly suggest you buy a car with a Black interior if you are planning on dong a lot of upgrades to inside of your car, any other color you will have hard time finding anything. If I knew this was the case I would have done that myself. I love my color combo, I can't imagine a better color interior than graphite gray for my Atlas Gray car, but black would have been a lot easier to upgrade inside.

+1

Black interior, while hot in summer and "boring" to many, would make track seats and such a LOT easier to find.

JB

Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Denver996tt has a spectacular aura aboutDenver996tt has a spectacular aura about
+1 on the black interior

If you find it boring, a little carbon fiber is an easy way to cure that

Old 10-18-2008, 03:01 PM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
I was wondering what would involve doing a complete interior color change. Is it even possible? Is there DIY on it? Seats, Dashboard, Carpet, Door Panels etc. I saw all these up for sale on ebay and also LA Dismantler might be an option as well but I am not sure with their pricing. Of course it also involves trading you own interior in. I think I am going to start a new thread for it to see if anybody has ever done this.

Last edited by 996TTSCAB; 10-18-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
I have bought both my PCars without SPort seats and added them later. They pop up all the time. Anywhere from 1800 to 2500. I also have had the seat backs painted. So get the car and the seats later.