996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 996tt Protomotive 650 vs. 997tt AWE 750

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eclou
JNixon from what I have read Hollywood's car must have a superlight flywheel and clutch which will reduce lag/spool time considerably - at the expense of noise and chatter.

eclou- I do recall Todd K at protomotive saying that the ats carbonetics triple disc clutch and lightweight flywheel would give me the jump somehow over say the alternative ppg/gt2 disc and dual mass flywheel which would have been per Todd "just like stock". Makes sense.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
BTW,

Who's idea was it for you to do the PE 650...more importantly, is he now on your Christmas list?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
eclou- You are sooo right!! The last time I went to track was early morning... and there was a line up at the gates.. and when i steped back and took a look I noticed everyone there had their cars on trailers.... I drove there and came home with a handful of 10 sec passes... Porsches are reliable and tons tons of fun!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
What gas in the 997TT with 750 tune?

MK

Old 10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
holding a particular boost level safely is dependent upon the combination of many things:
fuel system upgrades
amount of timing with the boost
type of fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Is that 997tt AWE 750 is tip or 6speed tranny?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jnixon
My thinking is you could run a more aggressive tuning program without the cats using race fuel while my car is tuned to comply with cats.
The boost pressure is the same for the K24/18G cars with or without cats. My car was running 100 cell cats and I ran 1.3 BAR as well.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Is that 997tt AWE 750 is tip or 6speed tranny?

6-speed.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:37 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Scott 1.3 w/race gas is ok on stock fuel system?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Paulie- i had stock fuel system in my car and ran race gas a couple times....but noticed the car for some reason didnt like ONLY race gas...IT ran according to my butt dyno, best on way home from the track or next day when race gas was dilluted with sunoco 94 that we have here at the pumps... I should of filled up tank that way and gone to track to see how it improved the 1/4 !!!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:05 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I would guess that some of the race gas depots may have very old gas lying around. I usually try to buy from a fresh 55 gallon drum to ensure that "fresh feeling"

Old 10-16-2008, 07:15 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Dmaffo you ran 1.3 on stock system 5BAR & race gas?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Scott 1.3 w/race gas is ok on stock fuel system?

Paulie,

With race gas, yes...but I wouldn't do it all the time. At high rpm (above 6500), it may run a bit lean.

A simple solution is to get a set of 60lb injectors sent out from Todd ($730.00 for the injectors and rails) and have him reflash the ECU to match. You'll be good for 1.3 BAR all day long.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-16-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by DMaffo
Paulie- i had stock fuel system in my car and ran race gas a couple times....but noticed the car for some reason didnt like ONLY race gas...IT ran according to my butt dyno, best on way home from the track or next day when race gas was dilluted with sunoco 94 that we have here at the pumps... I should of filled up tank that way and gone to track to see how it improved the 1/4 !!!
When you say "race gas", are you talking leaded or unleaded race gas. Your car will definitely NOT like leaded...but it will run MUCH better (and safer) on high octane unleaded (100 octane up) than it will on 94.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
wow, suprising results. It seems that the quality of a shop is more important than the numbers they throw on their kits...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996tt Protomotive 650 vs. 997tt AWE 750