996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 996tt Protomotive 650 vs. 997tt AWE 750

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Knighton (Protomotive) never overcommits the power of his solutions.
We customer's sometimes get overzealous with our own claims.

MK

Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Good kill man. Glad your enjoying the car!

My kit name is just a joke to make fun of stuff The quality doesn't bother me of the shop.. hell my car was built in the garage with no lift.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Scott thanks for the reply. race gas=sunco gt plus or ms109

Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Scott thanks for the reply. race gas=sunco gt plus or ms109
Ya, any of the unleaded 100+ octanes will be fine. But obviously, the higher the octane...the better.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Jnixon's car is a 6 speed and we were both running vp ms 109.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Sinner is infamous around these parts
Hey Tom,

Good story! Sounds like you have a healthy rivalry going on there. Any plans to come down for the mile in a few weeks?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
wow, suprising results. It seems that the quality of a shop is more important than the numbers they throw on their kits...
That may be just one of the few variables that come into play.... Install is very important... no boost leaks,etc.... but lets not forget the the whole system and or tuning....
On the other hand, you can get a happy tune let's say from Todd if you want more TQ and or more timing if you run better gas... but in general most of these cars come with very conservative timing tables.... I hava seen Todd as well as a few other tuners "play" with the numbers to get more out of a set up.... but that does not mean that every such car will perform that same way...
BTW, I dont think Protomotive even sells a PE650 package.... I think some of you guys just called it that way since it may have dynoed 580 rwhp etc...
I recall Todd always saying that the 18g is a 600 hp system... and the full upgrade a 700 hp set up....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
No doubt that my friends turbo is producing close to 600 awd horsepower unless my car is leaking which I do not believe.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I think Hollywoods car dyno 480hp to the wheels.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jnixon
No doubt that my friends turbo is producing close to 600 awd horsepower unless my car is leaking which I do not believe.
There is no possible way he is making that much power with his mods. 500 awhp, max.

Woodtster's AWD PE700 makes anywhere from 490-520 awhp and has run 60-130 in 6.9, the 1/4 mile in 11.0 @ 134 mph and over 190 mph in the TX Mile. That's faster than a Carrera GT and a RT-12...and he's only making around 675 or so at the crank (he has all the mods Hollywood has plus Proto ICs and full fuel system). Eclou, who I believe has a setup similar to yours, has run a best 60-130 of 6.99, so he's only slightly slower than Woodtster. That's a fast car!

My point is, knowing how quick the K24/18G cars have proven to be...your car and Hollywood's cars should be a close race. It's really no surprise to me at all. The K24/18 cars may not make a lot of peak power, but they make a lot usable power under the curve and spool rather quickly. You car is fast, bro...you have nothing to worry about.

One of you guys (you or jnixon) need to purchase a P-box and get some 60-130 runs in and then send me the files. You both should be in the low 7 second range or so. A car making a true 600 awhp would be running low to mid 6's.

http://store.vboxusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=2

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-16-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I was only kidding about 480 to the wheels. Just stiring the pot.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Paulie-YEAH i have run,
Sunoco 104-112?
ms109
110// i forget their name.....
torco 116 think it was leaded.... white guck on bumper after! lol,
But HERE IS THE VERDICT..... I NEVER FELT THE CAR STRONGER EVER... when I was comming home from track or the next day.... and i thought ....why..??? and then i realized that the only diff was that i filled the tank with 94 sunoco on way home.... Too bad I lost the car.... Or else I would gladly run the car and see what diff it would have made!!
Oh yeah it was with a 5bar and yeah it was really close to 1.3
the weather, altitude etc here is diff than there, so my boost was lower but was the = to you guys running your 1.3 there.. hard to explain...ask Todd he knew how to explain it better!!! lol..

Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Dmaffo

Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I remember Dmaffo calling me from the track jumping in joy LOL
Hope you get another one soon... this time with 20gs hehe

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Sweet!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996tt Protomotive 650 vs. 997tt AWE 750