996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Passive tranny cooler solution out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Passive tranny cooler solution out there?

Hi.

With the various threads and discussions about the tranny getting hot on the track, one usually looks at a cooling solution. The issue is that they are expensive and easy to damage...say 2k or so to install and if you off your car on an HPDE day, you may pull the cooler and the resulting fluid out too....not a good thing in my book since I drive to DE events.

So, is there any form of "passive" cooler out there for the 996 turbo tranny that is just "fins" if you will, sort of a surface area enhancer. Just a thought on my part...probably would be enough to act as a heat sink and exchanger that would be "good enough" for all but an enduro racer and a LOT cheaper. Not to mention probably much more reliable and tolerant to offs.

Anyone know of such a beast? Any tuners out there think they can make such a thing? In the end, I want something that just bolts up (not sure if there is room to do so....don't shoot me. I simply don't know what the layout is exactly.

JB

Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute