996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Battery Dead Trunk won't open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:41 AM
rwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of light
Battery Dead Trunk won't open

My battery is dead and when I try to use the emergency trunk release in the fuse panel the alarm goes off but the trunk won't open.

Any ideas?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:47 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Have you tried using the key to turn the alarm off, then pop the trunk?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Open your drivers door and look down under the dash for your fuse box. Near the center is a terminal to pull out toward you. Pull it out and connect a Positive side jumper or battery charger cable to it. Next hook a ground to you door striker for a ground. Hit the button and the lid should release. I had this happen to me when I left my lights on in the parking lot - Cheers!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes you have to turn the key 2 times very quickly!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:53 AM
rwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of light
The battery is too dead fpr the key to turn the alarm off.

I tried the fuse box terminal... that's what sets off the alarm.

When you turn the key twice... are you talking about in the ignition or in the door lock?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Drivers door!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Did you get it???

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
It is a snap if you have a battery charger/jump starter. If you are having difficult time figuring out, you contact me and I can walk you through step by step over the phone.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Speedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud of
There is a manual way to go about this...there is a steel braided chord behind the passenger headlight, you have to remove the front part of the fender liner where it meets the sidemarker (I believe you have to remove the sidemarker as well). You will need a flash light, once you have located the chord give it a good tug and the trunk will open. The chord is way the hell in there so you will definitely have to reach to snag it, I am in san diego as well, if you need me to walk you through it PM me and I will give you my phone #. Hope this helps!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks guys,

I had to leave it for a while to do other things today. i found the release chord in the drivers door frame. I pulled it and it broke (damn). I suppose it runs along the inside of the fender so I might be able to get at it from the fenderwell as well. I'll try it again later tonight or tomorrow. I'll PM you for the walk through if I can't get it.

Bill.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Cool! Give us a heads up!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Success

Got it....

I hooked the battery charger to the post in the fuse box and let the alarm go off for about 30 seconds. I was then able to use the key remote to turn the alarm off. Once the alarm was disabled the door switch worked and the trunk opened.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Speedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud of
Just out of curiosity are you sure what you pulled on was the release chord for the trunk (you said it broke).... I know on my 01 and my dad's 02 the release is behind the passenger headlight, you might want to check to make sure what you broke isnt something important. Glad that you got the problem solved nonetheless...

Old 10-19-2008, 05:03 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Speedy, you really should not be posting on the forum about how to get into a Porsche. No offense but it's not wise!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Speedy, you really should not be posting on the forum about how to get into a Porsche. No offense but it's not wise!
Stevo, do a search all the info I have provided is already on this site.