996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Glad your ok Dennis. I got a call from Zac after Craig had let him know what happened. You will be back again and I bet your next ride will be even sicker!

I think you need to get a 996 GT2 next and come put the hurt down on everyone!

Old 10-19-2008, 04:11 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Very happy to hear you are well.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Glad to see you post Dennis.

I am going to start some early window shopping for the insurance money: For Sale/Trade APS TT Z06

That car was owned by a guy names Tony from New Jersey so you know it is a true Corvette through and through.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Now if you get compensated properly for your pain and suffering, this is what I recommend: 2002 Protomotive Built 996 GT2 6,000 miles 700+HP

Old 10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Damn, Dennis... You are one VERY lucky man! Glad you're able to post and let us know you're alright...

Mike
Originally Posted by DJ'sZ
Thanks for all the warm words guys...I'm doing okay, sleeping/resting most of the day. Pretty damn sore. Head got the worst of it with lacerating an anterial lateral artery (I think thats what the Doc said) that the EMT's could not get to stop bleeding. They said I had a pretty good squirter goin'.

From what I understand from the police officer on scene that showed up at the hospital was she suffered a seizure, side swiped another car, came across the interstection at approx 50-60mph and hit me head on. I am one lucky SOB for sure. As soon as I saw her hit the median and start heading straight toward me I knew I was in for one hell of a ride.

Guess I cannot say enough about how well the Z06 did it's job in protecting me from that head on collision. It could have been a life changing accident for me and my family for sure.

I'll give all the local guys a call when my head stops pounding. Thanks again for all the well wishes and phone calls from all my amigos. I'll be back, you can guarantee it. Here's a few pics...

Old 10-19-2008, 04:30 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Hope all is well with you and the girl that hit you.

Raudel

Old 10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I wish his a fast and full recovery.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, glad to see everyone walked away from this. Hope you recover soon Dennis.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I'm very sorry that happened, Dennis. It looks like the Z did its job and kept you as safe as possible. Good to see you posting on here so soon. Hope you get to feeling better quickly!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Wow, so glad to hear Dennis and the woman are OK.
That had to be terrifying and the Vette looks like it protected you well!

Get well soon!

Marty K.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:11 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Dennis, wish you a speedy recovery.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Best Wishes for a full recovery. What does not kill us makes us stronger.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
glad to hear you are doing well.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
That looks horrible - the Z seems to hold up well.

Best wishes to a fast and full recovery.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Catalyst is infamous around these parts
wow! glad to hear that you are okay, how many cars were involved in this accident?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night