996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Good thing you were in a vehicle with a nice big V8 in the FRONT.
I wonder if a Porsche driver would be as lucky in this scenario?

Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear about the accident and as a former and maybe future Vette owner, hats off to the bowtie crew for making a safe car.

Glad to hear you are only sore and sounds like you will recover quickly but be nice to yourself for at least a few days if not a week or more!!!!

If your doc says its ok I would line up a couple of massages.

Doug

Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
get well soon Dennis

Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
Looking at the pictures it turns out you are a very lucky individual and somebody was really watching over you. I wish you a speedy full recovery. I am thankful everybody involved made it out OK.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:52 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Scott...thanks amigo...I talked with Mike this morning and he told me what you said...lol...I needed that. Humor does me good right about now.

I sure was looking forward to getting back with you on the outcome of the race but it looked like someone had other plans for me...we'll talk soon.

Wish I could be of help with your decision but I'm sure you'll make the best choice for what you need.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Guys,
Our thoughts are with you, bro. Get well soon.

P.S. - At least you now have a good excuse to get a blower installed on your next car.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear you are doing better. That Z took a punch like a champ I would hate to see what would happen to the fiance in her Cooper. I hope you able find to another one as nice as this one was.

It is sad that the poor girl that already has to go through life with this medical issues now has to live with what happened and the expense that will incur along with it. My fiance has a friend that started having seizures and now her husband drives her every where she must go. Now that would suck but it is better then her killing someone. my 2 cents.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Glad to have gotten the call from you Dennis..I was in class.

Call me anytime you feel like it.

I will take you for a ride in my new set up when you are ready.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Dennis, sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you were fortunate enough to come out ok. I hope to meet you in Tx next March....Peter has told me great things about you! Get well soon...you have 5 months to rebuild a car that's even faster.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you are OK.

Life is really short, and unpredictable.

Rest assured, Porsches have quite a bit of safety engineering built into them. At least as much as a Corvette, which until recently were quite unsafe. Have you seen the chassis schematics of a modern 911 with its use of high strength steel, boron, etc? They hold up quite well (surprisingly well) in accidents.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJ'sZ
Hey Scott...thanks amigo...I talked with Mike this morning and he told me what you said...lol...I needed that. Humor does me good right about now.
Ya, I figured you'd get a laugh out of that.

I sure was looking forward to getting back with you on the outcome of the race but it looked like someone had other plans for me...we'll talk soon.

Wish I could be of help with your decision but I'm sure you'll make the best choice for what you need.
No worries, bro. I'm still going with the blower setup. I'll figure the whole traction part out later.

Take care of yourself, get plenty of sleep and start thinking about the next setup you want <cough>built motor - TVS @ 11 lbs<cough>. That'll keep you busy.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-20-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Philly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the roughPhilly997TT is a jewel in the rough
Holy crap!! The pics looked real scary. But most importantly, glad to see you're okay.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:35 PM
AudiRS is infamous around these parts
wow, I wish you a speedy recovery

Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Best wishes on a quick recovery. Glad to hear you are OK.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:32 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks again everyone...here's a few pics from the wrecking yard. Worse than I thought. My wife couldn't believe I walked away from this. Neither can I...

Old 10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I see a nitrous line. Just like i expected.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night