996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night

Guys,

Some of you may have heard already, but last night..while sitting at a red light on his way to the 60-130 event in Houston, Dennis (DJ) was t-boned at 50+ mph by a girl that had a siezure behind the wheel of her car. His beautiful '07 Z06 was hit head-on and was totalled. DJ was taken to the hospital.

Amazingly however, he's already back home and is doing okay! I was told he received some stitches in his head and has some other minor cuts/bruising.

Anyway, I wanted to create this thread as a place for his fellow 6speed members to post their well-wishes, thoughts and prayers for his speedy recovery.

Our thoughts are with you, bro. Get well soon.

P.S. - At least you now have a good excuse to get a blower installed on your next car.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-19-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Luckily he seems to be OK, get well soon

Christian

Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Dennis hope your doing ok ,call when you feel better.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
God bless you brother. Hope you recover super fast!!! Good to know you are home.!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Thank God it wasn't worse. Sounds like the safety features of his car, air bags, door beams, really worked. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I also hope the young lady is ok.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Dennis, My prayers are with you! Get healed up! You next ride will even be BETTER!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 02:13 PM
trakstr is infamous around these parts
glad to hear your okay Denis, now a speedy recovery for you as well as the girl

Old 10-19-2008, 02:22 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Glad you are ok, now time to go even bigger and better!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Glad you're OK, and I hope the woman that hit you is alright as well... Atleast it wasn't some asshat doing something stupid that caused the accident.

Mike

Old 10-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Goliath27 is infamous around these parts
Wow thats tough. I hope for a speedy recovery man. Aren't there restraints on people who have Seizures from driving(not to discriminate, but due to safety hazards like this instance).

ALi

Old 10-19-2008, 02:36 PM
pogoteurfou is infamous around these parts
Glad you're ok !!!
Hope the same for the girl in the other car
I wish u a good and quick recovery
See ya all and have fun
@+
Nico

Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
I hope that DJ has a full recovery!!!!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Gald to hear you are OK, bud...and no, I WILL NOT give you a sponge bath!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for all the warm words guys...I'm doing okay, sleeping/resting most of the day. Pretty damn sore. Head got the worst of it with lacerating an anterial lateral artery (I think thats what the Doc said) that the EMT's could not get to stop bleeding. They said I had a pretty good squirter goin'.

From what I understand from the police officer on scene that showed up at the hospital was she suffered a seizure, side swiped another car, came across the interstection at approx 50-60mph and hit me head on. I am one lucky SOB for sure. As soon as I saw her hit the median and start heading straight toward me I knew I was in for one hell of a ride.

Guess I cannot say enough about how well the Z06 did it's job in protecting me from that head on collision. It could have been a life changing accident for me and my family for sure.

I'll give all the local guys a call when my head stops pounding. Thanks again for all the well wishes and phone calls from all my amigos. I'll be back, you can guarantee it. Here's a few pics...

Old 10-19-2008, 03:31 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I always wish the best to all 6speeders out there. Life is very fragile and could be taken away from us any moment. I have had my share of accidents. Glad to hear you are ok.
Art

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6speed member "DJ's Z" in bad car accident last night