996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

USP/EPL Tuned 10.75@135.35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
very nice...

Old 10-20-2008, 06:29 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Chris,

Does your set-up run a boost controller or boost is completely controlled by
the ECU?

great, great run with a solid 60'!

MK

Old 10-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Chris,

Does your set-up run a boost controller or boost is completely controlled by
the ECU?

great, great run with a solid 60'!

MK
Marty,

Chris is running a boost controller, however we have controlled boost via the ecu up to 1.5 bar. We also have control boost on externally wastegated setups with the stock ecu....something I have read here multiple times can not be done.

Factory boost control is great from many applications. Cars that often see the track (road course) control boost via the ecu for better part throttle modulation.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:48 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Chris that makes sense.
My car runs "smoother" with my boost controller on low setting 1.1 bar peak. (that is my setting for road racing events)

I ran 91 octane pump gas yesterday for the first time this year on low boost and the
car was actually fun to drive (not violent).

MK

Old 10-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Chris that makes sense.
My car runs "smoother" with my boost controller on low setting 1.1 bar peak. (that is my setting for road racing events)

I ran 91 octane pump gas yesterday for the first time this year on low boost and the
car was actually fun to drive (not violent).

MK
Judging from data logs that I have seen. Most 996's aren't properly tuned using the boost pid control in the ecu.... More or less what this means is they aren't tuned with the same boost control strategy that the factory tunes with. This make these cars even more chopy at part throttle then cars with boost controlers.

If anyone is interested, datalog boost peasure set point and acutal boost presure at the sensor.... These 2 values should be almost identical.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
I was there right behind him, the 10 sec run was impressive, what he won't tell you is that he is a hell of a driver it is refreshing to see someone with his drag racing experience get a hold to a Porsche.

Great work guys, I see 9s in the horizon

Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Tito
I was there right behind him, the 10 sec run was impressive, what he won't tell you is that he is a hell of a driver it is refreshing to see someone with his drag racing experience get a hold to a Porsche.

Great work guys, I see 9s in the horizon
Congrats Tito. Start another thread with your set up. Im very curious...142 trap, that's fast!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
titannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nicetitannero is just really nice
Congrat's, good run there Chris and crew. Looking forward to seeing you in Orlando again.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
Naaaaaaaa,
I'm old school from the old days against the black jetta always trying to catch that thing so why water the thread down,lol

Tony, do you guys tinker with the DTA systems ?

Old 10-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Naaaaaaaa,
I'm old school from the old days against the black jetta always trying to catch that thing so why water the thread down,lol

I know there was a video somewhere of your porsche and my jetta from back in 03 or 04, cant seem to find it.

Chris Green

Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
The BEST race I have ever had, even that I lost 11.2 to 11.1, now I have to chase your 911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwrdRyclmog

Old 10-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Naaaaaaaa,

I've installed a few over the years. Its not my computer of choice, but not a bad product at all.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
The BEST race I have ever had, even that I lost 11.2 to 11.1, now I have to chase your 911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwrdRyclmog
wow that is a old video, but a great one.

Chris Green

Old 10-20-2008, 02:30 PM
edited to add time slip

Old 10-20-2008, 08:21 PM
sorry about no video yet guys it will be up in the morning we had to go to a backup since the first video got lost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP/EPL Tuned 10.75@135.35