996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

External wastegate problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Valley996TT
What did you mean when you wrote..."( ur pressure.... as far as the DVs... you can just tap it into the source lien wiht the Y splitter...). Are you saying that I will have to do something to the DVs to bring them into the loop? Please explain further. Thanks agains
You can connect the side port of the WG to the existing lines and that's it.
like the above comment stated you should run 1 bar. But if you want to control the boost you will at least need a boost controller and the fastest cheapest way is the manual boost controller. However, you will have to know what to disconnect and where to plug the MBC. Also, you probably will have the throttle body shut down around 1.25 bars... especially since I know GIac has the 1.3 bar safety in it. I had the same set up and it only worked after e diode was installed into the mother board. This is a headache I would not go there.
I know for a fact now that the reason ur car drops boost is that the its the ECU... your overboosting with set up and the ecu is doing it's job- preventing it from letting you blow up the car.
I would STOP doing what your doing and let a professional do the work... BTW, the headers and externals are totally unwarranted for your application.
Sell the headers and the WGs and put back what you originally had...
This is just my honest opinion.... and the reason I told you to even do the MBC is because you will probably screw up the EBC which requires a more detailed hook up.

Bottom line= if the car will not run well at 1 bar and NOT overboost once you hook up the side port of the WG to the existing lines hanging down then I would stop.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL