996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Guess who just helped me to datalog my new set up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Powell yes. About 11:00am.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Powell
Day light savings time ends next weekend.

I'm pretty sure we will be meeting you all there at the same time. There should be a few of us rolling out together.

Paul are you going to be at MSR tomorrow?
Your right Chris...my calender was misprinted. Shows Oct 26th & Nov 2nd...

Old 10-24-2008, 09:34 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Just got into H-Town today. I think we are meeting at Tommys shop Sunday morning as well to caravan with you all. Sean, if you need some help data logging tomorrow I can help...already have Durametric on my laptop. Not to mention I'd like to see and feel those 30's in person!!
Powell-Did you get you car firgured out yet?? I'd like to check it out too while I'm in town if its running right.
This will be my first mile event, and it looks like it will be a great one!!
See you all Sunday, or possibly tomorrow. If anyone needs any help let me know, always up for helping out when I can.

Tim
317-402-8961

Old 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I think Tim Iacoli (basupra) is upstairs at my house and just posted the message above...that reminds me, I need to collect some rent money from him!

We are ALL meeting at Autobanh (Tommy's shop) at 6:30-6:45 am on SUNDAY. All meet there! I talked to Sean today, and he *****ed out with all the excuses in the world. Sean you hear that? Tim has the durametric and he's ready to log your ****! Show up you punk!

Peter

Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Originally Posted by houstonT
I think Tim Iacoli (basupra) is upstairs at my house and just posted the message above...that reminds me, I need to collect some rent money from him!

We are ALL meeting at Autobanh (Tommy's shop) at 6:30-6:45 am on SUNDAY. All meet there! I talked to Sean today, and he *****ed out with all the excuses in the world. Sean you hear that? Tim has the durametric and he's ready to log your ****! Show up you punk!

Peter
I'll just deduct that "rent" money from the bill of installing those seats tomorrow .

C'mon Sean, I'm here to help!! Get that thing out tomorrow, we'll log it, and get it all squared away in time for Sunday!! Leave the excuses at home...

Tim

Old 10-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Guys,

Todd is only there Sat and there is no internet reception at track. I have already datalogged multiple pulls for pump and race gas. We need to jump through some hoops to activate my flash capabilities which we will do when Alex gets back with the program Monday.

It looks like I will still need to be patient.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:53 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I've got confirmation that Paul and Dennis are in at 6:30 am at Tommy's shop...Sean, you still *****ing out?
Peter

Old 10-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Paul best be ready in the Caddy. I've heard rumors that a certain Lexus will be out looking for some!

See you all at 6:30!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:41 PM
LOL, Powell, the lil' ol' "F" needs a new M3 to play with...she can't hang with the black beast!
Peter

Old 10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Maybe Peter has a video of a GT2 vs GTR available?

Old 10-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Man my car was running STRONG today. At 1.2 bars on mostly pump she feels much faster than she was on race gas w/ my old turbos. The wastegates sound mean when they open up and she pulls hard all the way to 7K.

And when we adjust my timing and run race fuel.....I expect a sub 6 second 60-130.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Paulie...rumor has it you ran a stock GT-R today with a white GOOD LOOKING guy driving, a tall skinny white dude in the drivers seat and an 11 year old kid in the back seat... Rumor has it the GT-R saw 140 mph, full AUTO mode baby!

I LOVE THE GT-R!!!!!!

Peter

Old 10-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Paul, thanks alot for the ride today, your car MOVES!! Feels quite a bit stronger than my car with bigger turbos!! I need to get my injectors/re-tune in the car and clutch now for sure!! Maybe I'll try and bring it down for the Supra meet this March.
That GTR was pretty impressive for a stock car for sure, but you put a good 5-6+ cars on it!! Although the GTR did have 2 passengers!! The looks are "ok" on the GTR, but the interior is great, power/handling great, and it rides pretty darn good to boot. Not worth the +$10k markup over sticker IMO, but I can see myself with one of these in a few years when the prices become more realistic.
Sean, you should have told us you were out today/tonight. Peter and I just got back doing some 60-130 pulls in his Supra at medium boost levels as the car would not hook anything over 750whp on his 19's. He had a solid mid 5 though!! With the boost cranked up all the way, and a tire that will hold, it has atleast a 5.0 in it!!

Tim

Old 10-25-2008, 09:28 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by basupra
Paul, thanks alot for the ride today, your car MOVES!! Feels quite a bit stronger than my car with bigger turbos!! I need to get my injectors/re-tune in the car and clutch now for sure!! Maybe I'll try and bring it down for the Supra meet this March.
That GTR was pretty impressive for a stock car for sure, but you put a good 5-6+ cars on it!! Although the GTR did have 2 passengers!! The looks are "ok" on the GTR, but the interior is great, power/handling great, and it rides pretty darn good to boot. Not worth the +$10k markup over sticker IMO, but I can see myself with one of these in a few years when the prices become more realistic.
Sean, you should have told us you were out today/tonight. Peter and I just got back doing some 60-130 pulls in his Supra at medium boost levels as the car would not hook anything over 750whp on his 19's. He had a solid mid 5 though!! With the boost cranked up all the way, and a tire that will hold, it has atleast a 5.0 in it!!

Tim
Don't blow up Peter's car until I get down there tomorrow....

Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Who owns the GT-R?

I ***** slapped one last weekend on a drive that we went on.
Very nice car though I must say. A little on the porky side and the slab sides
are tough for me to get used to.

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Guess who just helped me to datalog my new set up?