996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dealer charged $2.50 for 'hazardous waste'?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Mike (La Jolla) is infamous around these parts
Dealer charged $2.50 for 'hazardous waste'?

After a *short* 9 month delay, my dealer finally got around to fixing the driver seat leather, which had almost completely fallen apart. Besides having to wait 45 minutes after paying to get my car and then finding that the wait was to wash the car, badly (never a good thing at a dealership), they socked me $2.50 for something that is described as:

'CUSTOMER PAY HAZARDOUS WASTE FOR REPAIR ORDER'

WTF? To throw out a leather seat cover?

Please note that my dealer is known to retaliate against customers that dock them when JD Powers calls. So I have no recourse. Also, I don’t trust the sales side of this dealership as far as I can (…insert your own scatological cliché…), so I won’t ever buy a car there. I sure wish those reports were confidential so I could actually provide useful feedback. Also, this dealership is presently under construction, probably to handle all the soccer moms (in that ugly tank), and the new, soon to come, Porsche limo. So there wasn’t any parking for those few of us who still drive the sport cars.

Rant over. I'll go away for a few more months.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:25 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
wow a whopping two fiddy somebody call my loan officer. Calm down dude, I am sure if you were civil and asked for an explanation they could have told you, and probably taken care of the fee for you.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
If you lived in canada you would have to pay 15% tax on top of that

Then its worth complaining about

hah.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
PM me your paypal account.

Old 08-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Gusto is infamous around these parts
Was this at Pioneer Centre on Miramar RD?

Old 08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dealer charged $2.50 for 'hazardous waste'?

Originally posted by Mike (La Jolla)
After a *short* 9 month delay, my dealer finally got around to fixing the driver seat leather, which had almost completely fallen apart. Besides having to wait 45 minutes after paying to get my car and then finding that the wait was to wash the car, badly (never a good thing at a dealership), they socked me $2.50 for something that is described as:

'CUSTOMER PAY HAZARDOUS WASTE FOR REPAIR ORDER'

WTF? To throw out a leather seat cover?

Please note that my dealer is known to retaliate against customers that dock them when JD Powers calls. So I have no recourse. Also, I don’t trust the sales side of this dealership as far as I can (…insert your own scatological cliché…), so I won’t ever buy a car there. I sure wish those reports were confidential so I could actually provide useful feedback. Also, this dealership is presently under construction, probably to handle all the soccer moms (in that ugly tank), and the new, soon to come, Porsche limo. So there wasn’t any parking for those few of us who still drive the sport cars.

Rant over. I'll go away for a few more months.
Why haven't you tried Hoehn? I know it's a farther drive, but you only have to go once!

Old 08-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Guys, ease up on Mike.

It is just the principle of the thing, that's all.

$2.50 is nothing but it is a matter of why it is charged. Maybe they have to dispose of all car waste a certain way, regardless of what it is.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
it's an accounting thing - they have to show the charge has been taken. I think they could "hide" $2.50 in the charges, but they have to show they bring it in on just about everything. It's like hotel room tax.

Old 08-26-2004, 10:38 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I used to haul hazardous waste in barrels. Used engine coolant and oil can be considered hazardous and the dealership is making EVERYONE pay for the caost of transporting it. I bet the system put it on the bill automatically. I bet they also would have taken it of of you had called them out on it.

Take a deep breath, and just be thankful you get to drive such a nice car....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Ah Damon... so that explains the nervous twitch and why you stutter and slur your speech.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Porsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nice
Since you're out in california, i bet the waste fee is for the wash water. I don't know if it's mandatory but i'm sure some dealers are now recovering their waste water, perhaps the wash water for the cars goes to the same place as the mop water which has some amount of oil and coolant in it. Here in Florida, waste water is allowed to be drained into the city sewer system so long as it has no REAL hazardous waste like carb cleaner, paint etc. Many car washes have to recycle their wash water and perhaps that dealer does it voluntarily. Anyway, just a thought.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:16 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Everybody seems to be keying in on the $2.50 whereas the real issue(s) seem to be:

"After a *short* 9 month delay, my dealer finally got around to fixing the driver seat leather, which had almost completely fallen apart. Besides having to wait 45 minutes after paying to get my car and then finding that the wait was to wash the car, badly (never a good thing at a dealership),..."

Old 08-27-2004, 10:30 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
some of those fees represent what the dealer has to pay the EPA or state agencies to get rid of stuff. in the case of used car parts, i think everything is assumed hazardous since it could have oil on it. it doesn't matter where on the car it came from, even the interior. it's been on every car bill i've gotten in the last few years, regardless of what brand/dealership i went to. for warranty repairs, i never had to pay it though.

Old 08-27-2004, 11:07 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
How do they get customer info when they are reported to JD power? And what do they then do w/ the customer?

Old 08-28-2004, 12:54 AM
tofumann is infamous around these parts
Interesting......they are "known to retaliate against customers that dock them when JD Powers calls". What can they do??

Anyhow, I can relate to your frustrations. It certainly is the princple----They screwed up and still make you pay the $2.50. Look @ the bright side, you got your seat fixed and have a great car to enjoy. Just take it to another dealership as you said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer charged $2.50 for 'hazardous waste'?