996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Export Trader Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
smiler51 is infamous around these parts
Export Trader Review

Hey Guys,

i just wanted to ask if anyone has bought any cars from the Manheim auctions through the site sponsor www.exporttrader.com ?

How was your experience, as I can't seem to find feedback anywhere.

Thanks a lot!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:05 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
My wife works there in the Canadian Branch, If you send me more info I can find out more about the car your looking at.She handles most of the cars from Mannheim that ships overseas.

Let me know
Paul

Old 10-24-2008, 12:55 AM
@Paul

Thank you for the feedback. What i was worried about is if they were legit, as I couldn't find any feedback by googling for them and it worried me a little. I didn't want to sign up there and send them money for a car that i wouldn't ever see ;-)
I'm looking for a 997S and saw that they had several up for auction. I think the auction finished on the 23rd though.

@all
Does anyone else have dealt with export trader before?

Appreciate the help!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:35 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Boy, this looks incredibly risky.

Without someone to inspect and vouch for a vehicle (and take on some legal liability for what they are representing) you could wind up sitting in Dubai, having paid a auction house in the USA, and paid a bunch to a canadian company- with all the fine print saying "as is", "no warrnty", "not responsible"- and holding a car in questionable condition.

It's one thing to market cosmetically good cars to a 2/3rd world market that doesn't really care about things like "salvage"... it's another to find clean, sound, well maintained sports cars...

I'm not saying they aren't reputable... just make sure your needs and their business practices are in alignment.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey Ard,

i does sound to me a bit risky as well, but even if i physically attend an auction, i wouldn't really get to know much more about the car then buying it online (Ecept I could check for an RMS leak and maybe tranny condition). No auction will carry a warranty and that's why i guess they have these disclaimers. In return, you get rewarded with a better price though.

Regarding a salvaged car, i would be checking the carfax history of the car which should show the origin of the vehicle and what happened to it over the years.

My biggest concern lies in the fact that you have to transfer them the money to pay for the car and i'm not too comfortable in sending someone $50000 cash without even knowing them. Moreover, they are located in Canada where i have no contacts... That's why i would like some feedback from people that might have already dealt with them and have favorable experiences.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Like i said get me the info and i will tell you strait about the car.....simple

Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Kilrgt: He simply offered to have his wife find out whatever she could about the car....then there are a number of posts about the potential evils of this sort of transaction involving disclaimers and small print and what not....evils or not.....why not let the fellow have his wife find out whatever she can. It seemed like a genuine and well motivated offer to me.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Chuck, I was just trying to help a guy out.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:05 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kilrgt
Like i said get me the info and i will tell you strait about the car.....simple
Oh, absolutely- my comment was not aimed at you or your wife.

Certainly he should take you up on the generous offer if he goes that way.

A

Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey Guys,

i really wanna thank you for your help. I didn't want to sound like a smart *** in my post. I'm just trying to research a little more about the company and this kind of car buying at auctions through proxy bidding. I'm checking some international car forums to get a little more feedback on Export Trader.

It seems that the biggest problem is Freightmar the transportation company Export-Trader is dealing with. There are lots of complaints about vehicles not being received in the same condition they were shipped.

@kilrgt
Could you maybe ask your wife for how much the last 2006-2007 997S cars where auctioned for and what there mileage was? That would really help me out a lot. (Of course only if that doesn't get your wife in trouble)

Thanks a lot!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
No problem, I already sent the request.....Shipping can always be a disaster.Its unfortunate but you can only do so much from sitting at a desk.If you buy a car from anyone MAKE sure you have full insurance

Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 PM
So far:
Black 2006 C2S Cab $54,000 USF 44 K
Black 2006 C2S Cab $55,000 USF 18 K
Black 2006 C2S Coupe $ 54,000 USF 3 K
Silver 2006 C2S Coupe $ 54,000 USF 12 K...........This car is full OEM Aero kit
2006 Black C2S Coupe $ 55,000 USF 2 K

Old 10-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Thank you. Export-Trader seems very helpful, but I will check how it would be possible to arrange other shipping options, as the Freightmar feedback is horrible and I don't want to have to deal with them.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Export Trader owns Freightmar

From conversations with my wife, the problem is the company's that unload the cars at the ports, 99 times out of 100 damage can happen when they are unloading them from the shipping containers.She told me to tell you make sure you don't cheap out , no watter who you go with , you put the car in a 24 foot container and only .... tell then you don't want 3 cars in the container, thats why damage happens, they will unload the car with forklifts and thats were it all goes to ****.

Good luck

Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 AM
RVD-360 is infamous around these parts
Hi

I am new to this Export Trader company and i saw a bunch of cars i was interested in buying but this website seems a bit skeptical. Could you guys enlighten me on this website because there are some great deals i would like to get my hands on.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Export Trader Review