996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OFFICIAL OCT 08 TEXAS MILE Results thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Bluecuda is infamous around these parts
Subscribed!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:58 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Alex didn't blow a hose in the Supra, he shredded an accessory belt. Tomorrow should be fun! A stock 997 GT2 went 178 mph... IMPRESSIVE

Peter
Wow! 178 mph for a stock 997 GT2 is awesome.

Any updates on Autobahn or BoostLogic??

Did the good Dr Jitsu finally line up the car and let the world see firsthand?

There are snow flurries outside my window as I type this - Paulie can I work at the carwash? I need to move south.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
1.) SW's Supra just ran 234.5 mph right of the trailer hitting the rev limiter in 5th. Still another gear left
2.) VRAlexander's 996t hit 212 mph/his Supra: 207 mph before ripping an accessory belt. Car is fixed and will be running today!

Last edited by Monaco; 10-26-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:35 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Eric we have a open position at the wash.Better hurry before I settle in Protomotives part of the world.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My brother just called me and said SW went 241.x.

Sucks that I woke up sick this morning. This is the first time I've gotten out of bed today

Old 10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Paulie: Results?

Oh and Eric, the last guy who ran the car wash got nearly 60K a year and profit sharing...I almost took the job until I realized I would have to work for the Walnut.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damnn some interesting numbers in here!

Old 10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Eric we have a open position at the wash.Better hurry before I settle in Protomotives part of the world.
Beautiful part of the country - just a little on the isolated side though. Hopefully someday I can retire someplace nice and warm.

You still looking to sell the wash??

Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Paulie: Results?

Oh and Eric, the last guy who ran the car wash got nearly 60K a year and profit sharing...I almost took the job until I realized I would have to work for the Walnut.
You and Paulie working together - that would be a laugh riot.

IF the little ones were out of school I might consider moving south. I have a few years left.

Are you going to run the mile or not??? If not, WHY??

It looks like I might have to put some spray on the Z to keep up with you guys this year.

I am really excited that Peter put the TX Mile on the last day of the TX2K9 - We only have to make one trip now. THANKS PETER!!!

How does MSR compare to TWS ?? I was really looking forward to taking another crack at it with 3rd gear working this time.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Come TX2K9 we hope to represent the Vettes well in the 60-130 and Drag Racing

Here are Lil Powell's numbers from yesterday

All that power in a 3200lb car w/ Driver

Old 10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Hey Im retired and looking for something to do, Whats up with the car wash! Im in.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Damn

Who is SW's ?

Old 10-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Damn

Who is SW's ?
Probably one of the biggest car enthusiasts in the car world. The man not only has a diverse selection of cars in his stable, but he drives the ***** out of all of them; whether it may be the strip, track, hwy, or the now texas mile! Also to add, not being content unless records are shattered. I believe he's on the forums with the moniker, Streetking. If all the rumors are true, not only does he have one of quickest street-class 6-speed car, but I think he currently will hold the record for the world's fastest four wheeled production vehicle in the mile. 241.8 mph in the mile has shattered any previous record out there held by gutted, race-spec TT-Vipers and others. He hit that speed in 5th gear pegging the limiter at 9500 rpm+. There's still another gear left. Here are some pics of his Supra.

Video of last year's TX-mile where he did close to 230 mph. The motor from that car (full weight/as from factory) is transplanted into this current black car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAh1U...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaKAA...eature=related

Video of his 6-speed record breaking run at the strip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBRZeKnCd8

Remember most of the car's body, chassis, and interior is stock. It's still running on the stock 6-speed Getrag transmission, has all interior paneling/carpeting/glass, stock block with stroker: 3.4L with over 1500 whp, stock rear-end (with LSD), axles. This car is not gutted, but is 200-300 lbs lighter due to some weight saving techniques; getting rid of items that aren't needed and replacing a few with lighter ones. Still weighs over 3000 lbs though.

Last edited by Monaco; 10-26-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
Come TX2K9 we hope to represent the Vettes well in the 60-130 and Drag Racing

Here are Lil Powell's numbers from yesterday

All that power in a 3200lb car w/ Driver
If you can get it to hook in 2nd gear you will have a very fast 60 - 130. It will be good to have another vette at the event.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
SW was the fastest guy at the Texas World Speedway portion of TX2K8 last year in
his C6 Z06 (Atomic Z was third). SW is a fantastic driver and a really nice guy by
any account!

What about other TX Mile #'s today????????

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 10-26-2008 at 06:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL OCT 08 TEXAS MILE Results thread!