996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I joined the Protomotive K24/18g club!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
G550 for an Oil Company. Need any applicants?
LOL

Old 10-26-2008, 01:01 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Glad to hear you are so happy with the PE650 setup! I know you had been debating for a while about doing it, so I'm glad you pulled the trigger. It's an awesome kit, that's for sure!!!

Enjoy it in good health!
Thanks Adam. You're right, I did take my time making up my mind. I did my homework and couldn't be happier with my results. It is an awesome kit. I still can't get over how it breaks all four tires lose, clawing for traction like a ravenous animal while still accelerating so hard. It's so cool lol.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
Thanks Adam. You're right, I did take my time making up my mind. I did my homework and couldn't be happier with my results. It is an awesome kit. I still can't get over how it breaks all four tires lose, clawing for traction like a ravenous animal while still accelerating so hard. It's so cool lol.
I totally agree.

Just wait until you toss in some race gas and crank up the boost...you'll be amazed!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
AAA Great to hear!! I am waiting to talk to Todd to see why my Cable wont work to upload the program!!!! HELP!!!! or I would say that I am right next to you on this thread!!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
AJ enjoy your car bro .

Old 10-26-2008, 07:10 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
congrats!! enjoy it!!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys. I spent a lot of today enjoying my car.

I have to remember to turn the PSM off lol.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the protomotive club!
Robert

Old 10-26-2008, 09:05 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Congrats....glad to hear you're enjoying your Proto package.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:15 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
glad to hear about your experience. Markski is jsut one of those guys that is a total asset for people that are trying to learn on this forum. Props to him. How much did the setup cost you in the end (if you dont mind me asking)? and finally, do you know if Todd will tune a car with k24/18g hardware that is not his own?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Mark,

The only parts I bought from Todd were waste gates, which he installed and a durametic cable. I sourced all of my parts from various places. A few were from members here on our site. Todd performed his magic on my car even though I didn't buy my stuff from him.

Sure I'll tell you what the final tab was even though I really didn't want to add everything up lol.

These are the parts:
K24/18g (ported, polished and ceramic coated), wg, Todd's Tune, Greddy, ATS triple carbon clutch, spark plugs, 5 bar fpr, durametric cable, Fabspeed exhaust (loud), various gaskets, I replaced all of my coil packs because a few were cracked, I also replaced my maf and labor installing the clutch , etc., = $14,017 The coils ran my bill up an additional $500 and the maf I think was around $270ish. So subtract around $800 and the total would have been $13,217. For that I have an incredibly fast, streetable, 650 crank hp car that's a blast to drive.
Would I do it all again.....Yep, no question I'd do it in a heartbeat. I hope this helped.

PS: I didn't have to buy diverter valves as my car had them and a V flow intake when I purchased it.

Last edited by ReeknHavic; 10-26-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
These are the parts:
K24/18g (ported, polished and ceramic coated), wg, Todd's Tune, Greddy, clutch, spark plugs, 5 bar fpr, durametric cable, various gaskets.
I have the same stuff on my car and love it!!! These cars totally rock!!!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by unvmym3
AJ enjoy your car bro .
Thanks, I'm off for some lunch then a little warp drive lol.

Yes, I agree with you Gunther. These cars, with this setup ROCK!

Thanks Colorinc. How's your K24/20g setup coming along? I'm looking forward to
reading what your impressions of it is compared to the 18gs.

Last edited by ReeknHavic; 10-27-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
what is Todd from protomotives e-mail? I want to ask him about this setup for my tip

Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
turbofan is infamous around these parts
nice i want to do this to my car do you think i could run these turbos on my car with a stock exhaust or do i have to get a new exhaust to make it flow better

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I joined the Protomotive K24/18g club!