996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Front smashed in parking lot...excuse to upgrade front end?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Link no worky..

Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Please lawyer up on her fat SUV drivin fast food eatin no watchin while she is drivin Porsche dentin ***!
Sean, I may just have to if she won't make a statement to her insurance company.

I will promise this...if I do go wild on the body kit (wild = 997GT2 look or Techart), I will have to back that look up with some serious power. So count on me to bust out the GT30s...and for some yin to that yang, do the personalized TX plates "BARNEY."

Caviat: Only that spelling...any other spelling won't work...and I won't switch to green and pink calipers and seat belts!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 PM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Sean, I may just have to if she won't make a statement to her insurance company.

I will promise this...if I do go wild on the body kit (wild = 997GT2 look or Techart), I will have to back that look up with some serious power. So count on me to bust out the GT30s...and for some yin to that yang, do the personalized TX plates "BARNEY."

Caviat: Only that spelling...any other spelling won't work...and I won't switch to green and pink calipers and seat belts!
Chris,

There's a local turbo that had the 997gt2 front end installed at the shop that I have my wheels fixed (SABS off of 59 and Bissonett) and I have seen the install and the owner told me it required a lot of work to get right. The kit doesn't come with the LED lights and it ran the turbo owner $400 each I believe from Porsche. Just wanted to give you a heads up

Edwin

Old 10-27-2008, 10:14 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Man that sucks to hear of your misfortune Chris. Personally, I vote for stock Gt2 or Techart front

Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Edwin, thanks for the info about the 997GT2 front.

Gene and everyone else, thanks for the condolences and opinions.

Chris

Old 10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Techart GT Street.
I agree, go with something that is made for the car. A cheap knock-off or bumper that belongs on a completely different car looks out of place and awkward... IMHO... hope you get the money from her regardless of your choice...

Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Chris,
Sorry to hear Barney is dinged up

My favorite aftermarket look is Gemballa....there is a decent knockoff made by extreme motors (they're on ebay alot).

What are you going to do about the diminished value?

Old 10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Chris-What a "dead deal" my friend. I feel your pain. On the bright side I can see your ride in the Techart gt street since you have already done the gt2 look. I vote keep her 996tt althought I can understand the temptation to go 997gt2. There will be a day for that too right

Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Chris. It's so frustrating to have this happen, and even more so when the other driver won't cooperate.

I vote either a Techart or GT2 or Aerokit front end. They are all very clean and classy, IMO. I'd stay away from doing a 997 conversion, but that's just me.

Good luck!!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Please lawyer up on her fat SUV drivin fast food eatin no watchin while she is drivin Porsche dentin ***!
Sorry to hear Chris!

I would take her in the X-ray room and give her a few "free" X-rays
without the aid of a lead suit

MK

Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Of course you know her insurance company is jerking you around- if they were doing an "investigation" they'd collect whatever they could- she doesn't want to, fine- then they'd make a determination.

You might want to see if the garage had video cameras...

Good luck!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Chris, I would go with the OEM GT2 or aerokit.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Start by telling her insurance company that you have a GT2, part prices will skyrocket. Then ask for "loss of value" due to the accident on your limited edition, low production run car. I usually advocate being "cool" but when someone tries to pull a fast one, the gloves come off. That outa teach her.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
Start by telling her insurance company that you have a GT2, part prices will skyrocket. Then ask for "loss of value" due to the accident on your limited edition, low production run car. I usually advocate being "cool" but when someone tries to pull a fast one, the gloves come off. That outa teach her.
the insurance company adjustor is not an idiot. They check vins and they will know if it a GT2 or not. They have requirements for reporting. If they do not do their part you can contact their mgmt and complain, that will get results quick. A lot of aftermarket front ends are actually cheaper than factory parts, so you might be able to swing techart or something like that.

I wish I could find if there is a maker for the front end that I posted a month back. that is absolutely the nicest front end I have ever seen on a 996 or 997.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 PM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Prche951
the insurance company adjustor is not an idiot. They check vins and they will know if it a GT2 or not. They have requirements for reporting. If they do not do their part you can contact their mgmt and complain, that will get results quick. A lot of aftermarket front ends are actually cheaper than factory parts, so you might be able to swing techart or something like that.

I wish I could find if there is a maker for the front end that I posted a month back. that is absolutely the nicest front end I have ever seen on a 996 or 997.
What front end are you referring to?

Edwin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front smashed in parking lot...excuse to upgrade front end?